ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

It really comes down to how your local LE enforces the mandates. Governors don't write laws. Mandates only give temporary authority to LEO to enforce the mandates if they choose. But sheriff's and police departments don't have to enforce laws mandated by the governor, they enforce laws passed by the legislators. They choose whether or not to enforce mandates.

Very true

It really comes down to how your local LE enforces the mandates. Governors don't write laws. Mandates only give temporary authority to LEO to enforce the mandates if they choose. But sheriff's and police departments don't have to enforce laws mandated by the governor, they enforce laws passed by the legislators. They choose whether or not to enforce mandates.
Around here, most everything is open when it comes to small businesses. Just how it should be.

I have known quite a few who have gotten it. Some mild, some hardly any symptoms, several who have been extremely sick, and a few who have passed. I'm pretty sure I had it back in April of last year. I will get the vaccine and I also wear a mask because I am a capitalist and support the rights of a business and also because if a company requires it then I oblige without having to rebel to feel like I'm some sort of tough guy or something. I am pretty indifferent on them though.

One vaccination down. Another in a week. Whole family vaccinated. Most friends vaccinated. Life is 60% back to normal. Two weeks and idgaf. It’s dead to me.

Got my second dose on the 12th. First dose wasn’t bad at all, just a little arm soreness, but the second one kinda put me out for a day or two.

I have known quite a few who have gotten it. Some mild, some hardly any symptoms, several who have been extremely sick, and a few who have passed. I'm pretty sure I had it back in April of last year. I will get the vaccine and I also wear a mask because I am a capitalist and support the rights of a business and also because if a company requires it then I oblige without having to rebel to feel like I'm some sort of tough guy or something. I am pretty indifferent on them though.

I’m with you on supporting businesses! Could have been how I caught it, eating out. Who knows. Still wearing a mask to support the people who are having to go to work during this pandemic. I’m way down on the vaccine list still, but hey, I likely have the antibodies for now.

I’m with you on supporting businesses! Could have been how I caught it, eating out. Who knows. Still wearing a mask to support the people who are having to go to work during this pandemic. I’m way down on the vaccine list still, but hey, I likely have the antibodies for now.

I think I'm up for it soon. We still eat out and stuff as well. Heck, last summer we took two vacations, one to Tybee Island and one to a city to just hang out and party for a couple of days and I played as much golf as ever last year. We just aren't stupid about things. Not about to just stop living though.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
I think I'm up for it soon. We still eat out and stuff as well. Heck, last summer we took two vacations, one to Tybee Island and one to a city to just hang out and party for a couple of days and I played as much golf as ever last year. We just aren't stupid about things. Not about to just stop living though.

We are like you. I follow any mask or distance rule I’m asked to follow. But I also went to FSU football games, have gone to about 10 FSU hoops games, I travel for work, we eat out etc. Wife and I went to St. Lucia in January and had a sensational time.

She’s a nurse so will be getting vaccinated soon. I’ll get mine at some point this year I guess.

I think we're back to normal for the most part by end of summer. Places will be opening up well before then, too. Here in Phoenix, I'm expecting back to normal by May. Likely sooner.

Other than sporting events having reduced capacity and Trader Joe’s having a max number of customers at one time, things are basically already normal in Tallahassee. And frankly they have been for about 4-6 months.

Reactions: sgrooms
Yeah, the only think I can say is hugely impacted here are big gatherings like sporting events and concerts.

I'm O negative. Ive likely been exposed more times than I can count, either from patients, friends, extended family, sports practices/school for son. I'm not super vigilant, but I wear masks when required and where appropriate. We been to Breck/Winter Park/Grand Lake , Chiefs AFC game, skiing in Colorado, and mexico in the past 4-5 months. I still haven't had it. I've got the antibody test 4 or 5 times and its always been negative. Had to get covid test to return to US. I bypassed the vaccine back in early Jan---I'm not passionately for or against it, I just didn't feel certain it was something i needed to do and will be open to consider getting it after more information comes out and studies are done. I feel like the elderly and high risk catagories should go first. I also feel like a ton of serious cases and deaths could have been avoided had people taken care of their health in the first place and not used thier bodies like dumpster bins. If our country and health programs don't force being physically fit down americans throats we will see this kind of crap more and more.

Our county has about 55k and I believe we have had 6-7k known positives and 105 deaths.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Other than sporting events having reduced capacity and Trader Joe’s having a max number of customers at one time, things are basically already normal in Tallahassee. And frankly they have been for about 4-6 months.
Yep. Pretty normal here, too (Central IL). Other than shortened sport seasons and none for some, things aren't that different. One thing I've enjoyed is that everything is streaming now, from junior high to high school sports. It's been great seeing my friends' kids play in games from all over the state. Would never have seen most of em if not. I hope the streaming continues. Restaurants are back open for the most part, same with small business, and many never stopped. The dire outlook isn't what it once was. Shocker.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I had an easier time shopping and going about my business during the peak of the Covid than I did the latest weather.

I noticed being forced to eat healthy, all my food I buy is still on the shelves. No one buys unsweetened almond/coconut milk and they have a long shelf life.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT