ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats the the SECT Champs Auburn Tigers!!

Maybe UT should’ve saved some of that clamping and used it against Auburn today!Laughing
How the mighty have fallen when they have to live vicariously through another SEC team against UT. Y'all the war kittens now?jumpingsmile

Reactions: Big_countryvolfan
Lol I thought you might say that!Laughing Funny though coming from somebody living on Dukes nuts all year!!!Laughing
As I have said many times before, UT fans never claim to be blue bloods. So, the mighty falling has to be a tough look for ya. But, you better get use to it.
Barnes has only been at UT for 4 years and he leads the series with Cal.:D

This was, in UT’s fans words, the best UT team ever and you guys couldn’t win the SEC or the SEC tourney! The highlight of your season was beating UK! What does that tell you? As far as us UK fans living through another team, please! You know better! You gave us hell over Duke beating us and we give you hell because Auburn owned UT this year and destroyed the dreams of the best team UT has ever had.

Last edited:
You guys really laid it on us today. That was an old fashion ass whoopin if I have ever seen one. Still love my boys, but y'all were heads and tails better than us today. Good luck in the big dance and I hope you get a great seeding.:)
Della, I was pulling for UT to win after beating Kentucky. It has been 2 decades since UT won the SEC tournament. With the Vols failing to win the SEC regular season I was hoping to see them win a tourney title.

The lesson for the day is history. Y'all smugly thought your history would save you against the Vols, but the here and now kicked your asses for 2/3 again this year.

History don't mean shit. Thus concludes the lesson.:D
Todays lesson is that Tennessee was still celebrating beating Kentucky and did not come ready to play Auburn.

It is so typical Della.

Reactions: kl40504
Todays lesson is that Tennessee was still celebrating beating Kentucky and did not come ready to play Auburn.

It is so typical Della.
Well, I wasn't celebrating anything. But, you are starting this punk stuff, so I'm defending UT. That is about where we are at.:)

You know what you ought to do? Run over to Bert's with a bottle of cheap wine and popcorn and have him dust off some vintage Joe B Hall and discuss where those bad Orange men hurt you over a grainy black and white vhs of when UK was worth a shit.:cool:
Della you are becoming hard to take. You are so ignorant of any facts that it is insulting to your own arguments.

Video tape recorders were not available until 1977. They were all in color. To my knowledge there was never a video tape recorder that was black and white. Geeze.

Since Joe B. Hall was UK's coach the Cats have won titles in 1996, 1998 and 2012 along with going to many final fours. That is three more titles than Tennessee has. So I would say that Kentucky has been worth a shit for a long time after your hero Bernie King played in Tennessee and never won a damned NCAA game.

The problem you have is that Tennessee has never been "worth a shit" but you argue that they are without any facts to back you up. You should quit trying to defame Kentucky. In your life time UT basketball will not equal Kentucky; hell they will not even get close.

Della, I was pulling for UT to win after beating Kentucky. It has been 2 decades since UT won the SEC tournament. With the Vols failing to win the SEC regular season I was hoping to see them win a tourney title.
Wrong. UT last won the SEC Tournament in 1979. That is 40 years ago.

Kentucky was trying to win their 32 SEC Tournament and the 5 in a row.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Well, I wasn't celebrating anything. But, you are starting this punk stuff, so I'm defending UT. That is about where we are at.:)
I did not say that Della was celebrating the win over Kentucky. The Tennessee players were. That is what I said was typical. I should have spelled it out clearly. Sorry that I didn't.

Last edited:
Della you are becoming hard to take. You are so ignorant of any facts that it is insulting to your own arguments.

Video tape recorders were not available until 1977. They were all in color. To my knowledge there was never a video tape recorder that was black and white. Geeze.

Since Joe B. Hall was UK's coach the Cats have won titles in 1996, 1998 and 2012 along with going to many final fours. That is three more titles than Tennessee has. So I would say that Kentucky has been worth a shit for a long time after your hero Bernie King played in Tennessee and never won a damned NCAA game.

The problem you have is that Tennessee has never been "worth a shit" but you argue that they are without any facts to back you up. You should quit trying to defame Kentucky. In your life time UT basketball will not equal Kentucky; hell they will not even get close.
I'll defer to your expertise on ancient video recordings Bert, but the point still stands.

If UT is not worth a shit, what does that make UK? UT has beaten y'all 2/3 over the last 2 years and Barnes has the edge in wins head to head over Cal since he has been at UT.

You might want to go ahead and put me on ignore, cause I gotta feeling you can dish it out, but can't take it.:)

Thanks KL, it wasn't meant to be. UK may have lost to UT, but they drained us too. Throw in the fact that Auburn came to play, it wasn't going to happen. Good luck in the NCAA.:)

I'll defer to your expertise on ancient video recordings Bert, but the point still stands.

If UT is not worth a shit, what does that make UK? UT has beaten y'all 2/3 over the last 2 years and Barnes has the edge in wins head to head over Cal since he has been at UT.

You might want to go ahead and put me on ignore, cause I gotta feeling you can dish it out, but can't take it.:)
Della I can take it, but apparently you can't. I am not going to ignore you, but apparently my debating with facts sure is getting under your skin. Plus you don't have any ability to read and comprehend.

Auburn beat Tennessee twice this year by a total of 24 points. Kentucky beat Auburn this year by a total of 29 points. Your only concern is that UT beat UK two out of three. As long as Tennessee is only concerned with beating one team then they are not going to become a great program. The purpose is to win the conference regular season and the SEC Tournament to prepare for a run in the NCAA. UK ended up second in the SEC regular season and UT was third. Both are 2 seeds in the NCAA even though you have been telling me UT was a lock for a one seed. Neither team got any hardware. But under you view UT is superior this year.

So Barnes has an edge over Cal since he has been at UT. Wow. Barnes got no hardware and neither did Cal; however, Cal is in the Hall of Fame from hardware he earned earlier than this year or last year. This is Tennessee's best team ever. This is not Kentucky best team ever by a long shot.

I never said that this years UT team is not worth a shit, I have been debating that UK is a good team and trying to come up with facts to back that up. In fact I think that UK is better this year than UT. UK played a tougher OOC schedule than Tennessee. UK played a tougher SEC schedule than Tennessee.

So you feel free to dish out what ever you want, but you best dish out some facts instead of slop.

Della I can take it, but apparently you can't. I am not going to ignore you, but apparently my debating with facts sure is getting under your skin. Plus you don't have any ability to read and comprehend.

Auburn beat Tennessee twice this year by a total of 24 points. Kentucky beat Auburn this year by a total of 29 points. Your only concern is that UT beat UK two out of three. As long as Tennessee is only concerned with beating one team then they are not going to become a great program. The purpose is to win the conference regular season and the SEC Tournament to prepare for a run in the NCAA. UK ended up second in the SEC regular season and UT was third. Both are 2 seeds in the NCAA even though you have been telling me UT was a lock for a one seed. Neither team got any hardware. But under you view UT is superior this year.

So Barnes has an edge over Cal since he has been at UT. Wow. Barnes got no hardware and neither did Cal; however, Cal is in the Hall of Fame from hardware he earned earlier than this year or last year. This is Tennessee best team ever. This is not Kentucky best team ever by a long shot.

I never said that this years UT team is not worth a shit, I have been debating that UK is a good team and trying to come up with facts to back that up. In fact I think that UK is better this year than UT. UK played a tougher OOC schedule than Tennessee. UK played a tougher SEC schedule than Tennessee.

So you feel free to dish out what ever you want, but you best dish out some facts instead of crap.
UT has beaten y'all 2/3 over the last 2 years and Barnes has the edge in wins head to head over Cal since he has been at UT. There are all the facts you need, chew on those for a while.

If getting your asses beat don't convince you y'all ain't better then nothing will.Laughing

But why bring up the last two years? You don’t like history (wonder whyLaughing) but yet you bring UT’s last two years against UK up! Why not use the last five years or ten years???

UT has beaten y'all 2/3 over the last 2 years and Barnes has the edge in wins head to head over Cal since he has been at UT. There are all the facts you need, chew on those for a while.

If getting your asses beat don't convince you y'all ain't better then nothing will.Laughing

But Della poo it don’t work like that always. Auburn beat y’all to death this year, y’all beat us two outta 3 and we beat Auburn to death twice. See how that works???

We are fine owning y'all.:D
You were fine in football after owning Kentucky and sitting home watching UK win a bowl game against a really good BIG 10 Penn State. I really enjoyed Orlando with the beautiful sunshine and 80 degree weather while celebrating an SEC win against the BIG 10. I am sure you enjoyed watching UK win that game while representing the SEC. I wish Tennessee could have had that opportunity but making Kentucky your super bowl every year may not satisfy the majority of your fans while losing to Alabama on a regular basis and sitting home the last two years while most of the SEC is having a great time going to bowl games.

But why bring up the last two years? You don’t like history (wonder whyLaughing) but yet you bring UT’s last two years against UK up! Why not use the last five years or ten years???

Look, just accept that Barnes owns your coach. It’s ok. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

Because he requested it.:)

You were fine in football after owning Kentucky and sitting home watching UK win a bowl game against a really good BIG 10 Penn State. I really enjoyed Orlando with the beautiful sunshine and 80 degree weather while celebrating an SEC win against the BIG 10. I am sure you enjoyed watching UK win that game while representing the SEC. I wish Tennessee could have had that opportunity but making Kentucky your super bowl every year may not satisfy the majority of your fans while losing to Alabama on a regular basis and sitting home the last two years while most of the SEC is having a great time going to bowl games.
I generally try not to bring up CFB on the CBB forum. I think it is bad form and unfair to Cats fans, but since you brought it up I'll address it too.

First regarding Superbowl, the Superbowl only matters if you are Superbowl Champs. UT is back to back Superbowl Champs, please refer to us as such going forward.:D

UK had a good year in CFB, but we still kicked your asses making it 34 or 35 years since y'all have won on the Hill. That may be some kind of a record? It is a current streak, so it is pertinent.

Regarding losing to bama. They do have a good streak over us presently, but we have beaten them many times ( more than any team has beaten them) and since y'all have beaten them. Did you know that UK, UT and bama are all founders in the SEC and that UK has only beaten bama one time since the conference was founded? Once since 1933Laughing.
Why would you choose to open that can of worms?

Nope, but it is what it is. Just like it is what it is that we are owning y'all right?:D
Not really owning us. Two out of three and barely winning the rubber match. However Auburn beat the Vols both times this year and blew them out in the Championship game knocking the Vols out of a one seed.

Not really owning us. Two out of three and barely winning the rubber match. However Auburn beat the Vols both times this year and blew them out in the Championship game knocking the Vols out of a one seed.
Being owned is like being pregnant, you either are or aren't.

Y'all were destined for a #1 seed too, but the Vols knocked you down a peg.

If the talent level is anywhere close, Self wins. Like the last three years, for instance.
Of course Self recruits high talent that Cal will not touch because of their shady past. No wonder Self and Kansas is in trouble with the NCAA every year. Good luck on Self being at Kansas next year after the FBI trials this spring.

I figured the winner of yesterday’s game was gonna be out of gas for Auburn. Congrats to the Tigers
I have a hard time buying this excuse and if that is the case you all need to condition your players better. Duke played one of the fastest tempo teams on planet earth Friday and still had the legs to take down FSU. Auburn played 1 more game than Tennessee, if anyone should be tired it would be them.

Last ten years Kentucky has won twice as many times as UT. That sounds more like UK regularly kicking your butt Della.
The best win is always the most recent win KL. UT is 2 wins to 1 this year and hold the latest win.:D

I have a hard time buying this excuse and if that is the case you all need to condition your players better. Duke played one of the fastest tempo teams on planet earth Friday and still had the legs to take down FSU. Auburn played 1 more game than Tennessee, if anyone should be tired it would be them.
The game is more mental than physical. But, no one is making excuses, Auburn won and that is that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT