ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Honk; Assemble Your Conference's College All-Star Team

Yes, I do. An effective field goal% north of 70%. He has the highest recorded player efficiency rating of all-time.

The other guys you mention all have merit, except Marbury. Definitely not a top 10 ACC player of all-time. He wouldn't make the top 10 for Duke or UNC, IMO.

I guess it depends on how you weight one season for Zion vs guys who scored 2,500 or 3,000 points over 4 years.

I guess it depends on how you weight one season for Zion vs guys who scored 2,500 or 3,000 points over 4 years.

Fair point. If you take the totality of everyone's career, he probably doesn't belong there. He was just freakishly dominant in his one season. Consider the fact that Duke was 14-1 in the ACC in the 15 games in which he competed (ACC tourney included), including 3-0 against UVA and UNC. If you take one individual season, he absolutely deserves to be there.

So for guys that played 3 or 4 years, I suppose I might insert Laettner in place of Zion. Then again, Lennie Rosenbluth (and Hansbrough) probably had a more accomplished career than Jordan. Different time periods with different competition, but still better raw numbers.

Edit: also my man Corliss don’t call me scoreless Williamson had a helluva college career at Arkansas. One of my personal all time favorite college players.

Agreed. The "Big Nasty" held my respect as a player too. Always wish UK could've had a physical player like him.

Agreed. The "Big Nasty" held my respect as a player too. Always wish UK could've had a physical player like him.

One of the biggest athletic freaks in sec history has to be Chris porter. Lead auburn to the 99 sec title and our only 1 seed in tournament history. Then he became ineligible for taking money from an agent to pay for his moms rent.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Pg: Chauncey Billups (Colorado)
Sg: buddy heild (Oklahoma)
Sf: Kevin durant (Texas)
Pf: Michael Beasley (k-state)
C: wilt Chamberlain (kansas)

Bench

Pg: Tyron lu (Nebraska)
Sg: Jared culver (Texas tech)
Sg: Fred hoiberg (Iowa state)
Pg: Jevon Carter (West Virginia)
Sf: Kenrich Williams (Tcu)