ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

We hugely benefitted from a wuestionable/bad call in our regional final.

Dude hot a piss rocket (then did an effing bat flip) that hit off the top off the wall, bounced eight back to the LF, who gunned the batter put at 2nd, but ump called him safe, and reciew upheld it (somehow).

Next batyer tied it up with a 2 run single, next batter hit a bomb for the 2 run lead.

seeing how i saw cal state fullerton beat us in the supers with a walk off foul ball a few years back, i wont be shedding any tears for Michigan. Great fan base for it to happen to anyways 😉

Bad mechanics...bad umpiring......He(Umpire) never looks to see if R3(runner) touches home; he simply doesn't see it. And its because he's in terrible position. He should be up closer to the plate, in the wedge,i.e. in the RH batters box, 1st base line extended. Not at the back of the box. If he's where he should be, everything, ball, runner, catcher, are in view. He misses the kid touching the plate because he's looking at the ball----BUT as I said, if he's in the wedge, he see's all that, w/o having to look away.

Most importantly, thats 100% obstruction on the catcher. You cannot block the plate, w/o the baseball...I get the throw takes him up the line, BUT............He(catcher) starts in an illegal spot and ends up in an illegal spot; but umpire doesn't see this b/c for some reason, he is watching the throw.

I could talk for an hour on this play, lack of positioning, lack of help from field umpire, and misunderstanding of the rule.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UT fans throwing stuff on the field. Embarrassing!
NOt sure what was worse---fans throwing shit, or the commentators. I hate when those dudes make comments, having zero clue WTF is going on...Dude was warned in the 2nd inning for arguing(balls/strikes)....Then in the 5th, tells HP umpire, "you're fukin terrible..." Ummm, bro---thats gettin you in the showers every.single.time.

As for the pitching coach? Automatic. Anyone BUT the HC leaves the dugout to argue, is ejected----automatic.

Talk about harsh…just seen a UT guy on Twitter saying how UT has a baseball and basketball coach who can’t win when it counts.

What a massive choke by Tennessee LOL
ANd to add, be fair---since the NCAA went to national seeding(1999), only ONE , #1 national seed has won the CWS----Miami----in 1999.

That #1 National seed is the fuking kiss of death, man.

CWS is gonna be, or could be, well a, "Who is this, WTF, " series...

Highest national seed could be #5 Texas A&M...

#1 Tenn is out...
#2 Stanford trails,1-0 to UConn.
#3 Oregon State trails Auburn, 1-0
#4 VA Tech is out...

Could be that 6 of the 8 teams there , will not be a national seed...

UConn, Auburn and Arkansas are a win away from joining ND, Ole Miss and OU as teams not seeded.

Crazy...

ANother national seed sent packin---UNC. Arky back to the CWS.

ANd to add, be fair---since the NCAA went to national seeding(1999), only ONE , #1 national seed has won the CWS----Miami----in 1999.

Not like UT went out in Omaha. Not making CWS with that squad is a massive choke. Possibly worse than Arky last year. Both lost to unseeded ACC teams too.

Reactions: Scotty00
Not like UT went out in Omaha. Not making CWS with that squad is a massive choke. Possibly worse than Arky last year. Both lost to unseeded ACC teams too.
True, and fair----BUt the past 3, maybe 4 #1 National seeds havent reached Omaha. Losing that first game is HUGE. I think someting like 80% of teams winning Game 1, have went on to win the series.

With that being said.............49-0 after 6 innings. At home. Up 3-1 with your starter being dominant. 57-6 to boot. Bad, Bob....Real bad.

TBH, couldn't have happened to a better team----TN baseball are a bunch of bush league dicks.

And Miami shouldn’t have won that one. Clear third strike was missed by the ump that should have ended the critical inning.

Yes I’m still salty.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Tennessee lost a series against Kentucky late in the season. You guys didn't really expect them to make a run, did you? Other than that series the SEC is doing damage, already with 3 in the final 8 and a chance to get 4 if Auburn upsets OSU. Ole Miss made the CWS and they were the last team in the field. Honestly probably shouldn't have been in, but they've proven they deserved to be.

Reactions: Scotty00
Tennessee lost a series against Kentucky late in the season. You guys didn't really expect them to make a run, did you? Other than that series the SEC is doing damage, already with 3 in the final 8 and a chance to get 4 if Auburn upsets OSU. Ole Miss made the CWS and they were the last team in the field. Honestly probably shouldn't have been in, but they've proven they deserved to be.
At one time, Ole Miss was actually ranked #1......

I expectred TN to to get Omaha, yes. Win it? IDK----history wasn't on their side. LIke'em or not, they were a very good team. Baseball, hell sports in general are just so unpredictable..Bit more so with baseball----Where one dude(Pitcher) can basically control the entire game. Catch a dude or dudes who have career days on the bump, and well.......

Reactions: Villian07
CWS is set, basically the SEC tournament all over again (6 out of 8 if you count Texas and Oklahoma 😂). Who's gonna win? So many sleepers, it's wide open. Stanford and Texas will probably be the favorites. I'm gonna go with A&M or Arkansas though.

Bracket 1
A&M
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Bracket 2
Stanford
Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They forgot that damn fur coat shit.....

Right!? So many antics from one program. Crazy how everyone was united against a team that's never even won the CWS. Guess that shows just how insufferable this Tennessee team actually was.

Last time an SEC school wasn't in the College World Series? Try 1992. The year of the Pepperdine Waves.

@della was Tom Hart biased on the call. I see a lot of folks on twitter thinking he was even though he lived in Knoxvulle many years.

ADVERTISEMENT