ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball

so much heartbreak. I can manage my expectations with football and basketball but I let FSU baseball break my heart often
You know, FSU has some pretty solid teams in all sports from time to time.

Kentucky beat Tennessee 3-2 (were down 0-2) in a 13 inning thriller in the first game of the series. UK overcame 12 walks but UT only had 5 hits. Drops UT to 41-5 on the season. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Rain postponed tonight's game with 1 out in the top of the 8th (bases empty) and UK up 4-2. :cool: They will finish the game tomorrow at 2 and 40 minutes later will play a 7-inning game 3.

Reactions: Scotty00
Well the Vols kicked y'all's ass today, so that should wrap up UK fans interest in College baseball for the year.
Did you end up going? If so I hope you had fun in Lexington, aside from the series loss. ;)
MindlessThickAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Did you end up going? If so I hope you had fun in Lexington, aside from the series loss. ;)
MindlessThickAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif
No and I'm glad I didn't for obvious reasons, but more so because it was cold and wet. I like the 80's and sun.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Regular season ended today. It's Conference tourney time this week! GBO!
I know UT is pissing their pants over a potential 3rd round match-up with UK. 😁

Cats just took 2 out of 3 against Auburn to finish the regular season and now face them in the 1st round of the tourney (which Auburn will win).

I know UT is pissing their pants over a potential 3rd round match-up with UK. 😁

Cats just took 2 out of 3 against Auburn to finish the regular season and now face them in the 1st round of the tourney (which Auburn will win).
We have to play the winner of Ole Miss and Vandy first. I would have thought they would been top 5 teams in the country this year.Anything can happen, but I would love the opportunity to ring y'all's necks.

• Haha
We have to play the winner of Ole Miss and Vandy first. I would have thought they would been top 5 teams in the country this year.Anything can happen, but I would love the opportunity to ring y'all's necks.
Vandy won't be down for long though. They have the #1 class coming in which includes eight 5* recruits, 4 of whom are pitchers, although they'll probably lose half or more to the draft. LSU is right behind them at #2 stacking their roster as well. Ole Miss also top 10. UK, on the other hand, will hopefully be in the market for a new coach promptly after their next loss.

Reactions: della
Vandy won't be down for long though. They have the #1 class coming in which includes eight 5* recruits, 4 of whom are pitchers, although they'll probably lose half or more to the draft. LSU is right behind them at #2 stacking their roster as well. Ole Miss also top 10. UK, on the other hand, will hopefully be in the market for a new coach promptly after their next loss.
All the more reason for me to keep up my vigil of hate for the teams you mentioned.

• Haha
Looks like weather will be playing a major role in the SEC Tourney with games being played at all hours.

All the more reason for me to keep up my vigil of hate for the teams you mentioned.
Well, well, well.... just look at that. UK knocks Auburn, Vandy, and LSU out of the tourney and now find themselves as a very unlikely semi-finalist as the worst seed. Very highly doubt they'll have enough gas (and pitching) left to compete with UT tonight, but hopefully they've done enough to get into the NCAAT. Also doubt UK will have their starting CF available, he went face first into the wall going after a deep fly against LSU.

Well, well, well.... just look at that. UK knocks Auburn, Vandy, and LSU out of the tourney and now find themselves as a very unlikely semi-finalist as the worst seed. Very highly doubt they'll have enough gas (and pitching) left to compete with UT tonight, but hopefully they've done enough to get into the NCAAT. Also doubt UK will have their starting CF available, he went face first into the wall going after a deep fly against LSU.

First of all congrats on getting this far. I don't think anyone has advanced theis far as a 12 seed. I hope y'all can get into a regional otherwise y'all will have to fall into y'all's normal routine of posting historical posts until basketball rolls back around.

First of all congrats on getting this far. I don't think anyone has advanced theis far as a 12 seed. I hope y'all can get into a regional otherwise y'all will have to fall into y'all's normal routine of posting historical posts until basketball rolls back around.
Well it was fun while it lasted (tied 2-2 going into the 8th inning). I am sure you were fast asleep since it didn't even start until 10. As I suspected they ran out of arms and bats, which is not a good recipe for winning baseball. As much as I would like to see both teams lose in the title game, good luck against the Gators. 😂

Well it was fun while it lasted (tied 2-2 going into the 8th inning). I am sure you were fast asleep since it didn't even start until 10. As I suspected they ran out of arms and bats, which is not a good recipe for winning baseball. As much as I would like to see both teams lose in the title game, good luck against the Gators. 😂
Congrats to y'all for battling in the tourney the way you did. I hope you make it into a Regional. I think you deserve it. 🙂

The SEC baseball season for 22 has been decided and it is decidedly Orange!!! 😁

Congrats to y'all for battling in the tourney the way you did. I hope you make it into a Regional. I think you deserve it. 🙂
It's going to be a tense bunch in Lexington during the selection show today! I don't think they'll get in. Quite the opposite of UT, who will easily be the #1 overall seed.

UK wasn't even in the first four out, which tells me even a win over UT wouldn't have mattered. They needed to win the SECT to get in. Ole Miss got in though, which is a joke.

#6 seed Miami just got bounced out of the tourney after going 0-2 against Arizona and Ole Miss. Both losses by 1 run. That's got to sting. So much for home field advantage. 😂

#6 seed Miami just got bounced out of the tourney after going 0-2 against Arizona and Ole Miss. Both losses by 1 run. That's got to sting. So much for home field advantage. 😂
Yeah, that was a tough Region.

We have not won a game in the Regionals yet and I ain't one for self imposed jinxes. So, I'll say this, The Vols will be thrilled just to be on the same field as an uber talented UVA team if the opportunity presents itself.

Jinxed ourselves instead LOL. I knew we probably weren't making it out of the regional this year anyways. Pitching was mediocre and bats really shrunk up the last half of the season. Should be MUCH better next year. Good luck and please don't let VT win it all.

Jinxed ourselves instead LOL. I knew we probably weren't making it out of the regional this year anyways. Pitching was mediocre and bats really shrunk up the last half of the season. Should be MUCH better next year. Good luck and please don't let VT win it all.
I was pulling for y'all to make it into the Supers. I even picked y'all to win the Regional on the CFB board.:(

Anywho, you can now jump on board the Orange Express as we battle the evil Vir techs, Fake UT's, and Notre Dames of College baseball.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT