ADVERTISEMENT

Coffee & Cannabis

I feel like maybe I need my lawyer before this discussion continues.

Back on topic... can someone please explain to me how Michigan legalized weed and still has shitty roads?

MI only legalized a few months ago. Right now there are no recreational shops, as they figure out the rules. It'll take a couple years before everything is up and running and taxes are being put to use.

MI roads do suck, bad. Hopefully the laws they write include sending some of the taxes that way. They'll probably F it up though

That album must be worth something if you still have the original with the paper. And yes, of course a weed thread is fine.
That has to be extremely rare.

Years later, I learned to never loan out two things. Cheech and Chong vcr tapes, and HST paperbacks. I guess it was really a matter of time b/c some gave them back and i'd loan them to others.

I worked at the railroad and they did not take too kindly to pot. Out on the road intoxication and heavy equipment mix poorly. If you tested positive it was good bye.
Were you just telling a story or actually replying to what I said? I said I haven't heard of anyone testing for marijuana anymore. People don't get alcohol tested either. I didn't say anything about being intoxicated on the job.

Sort of related, my place of work has 3 beers on tap and a full bar. People are treated like adults and given the freedom to make adult decisions. Amazingly people act like adults and make responsible adult decisions!

Changing the thread title. I enjoy coffee more than probably everyone here. It's not pretentious to master brewing the perfect cup.

Reactions: JC for 3
Were you just telling a story or actually replying to what I said? I said I haven't heard of anyone testing for marijuana anymore. People don't get alcohol tested either. I didn't say anything about being intoxicated on the job.

Sort of related, my place of work has 3 beers on tap and a full bar. People are treated like adults and given the freedom to make adult decisions. Amazingly people act like adults and make responsible adult decisions!
The railroad still tests for pot.

You will not work on the road if you test positive. They measure safety on everything and if you are going to smoke pot just don't get a job working in operations on the railroad.

Alcohol is different than pot as it does not stay with you for a month. My railroad had a AA office in each of its large offices. I was in Sales and Marketing and entertained all the time. But I was not driving 15,000 dead weight tons.

Changing the thread title. I enjoy coffee more than probably everyone here. It's not pretentious to master brewing the perfect cup.

I just started drinking coffee again after almost 20 years. I have major acid re flux issues and coffee was out. Then I learned about cold brew from a buddy of mine and oh man am I a happy guy now. Its delicious, so much better than hot brew. And almost no acidity due to how its made.

I just started drinking coffee again after almost 20 years. I have major acid re flux issues and coffee was out. Then I learned about cold brew from a buddy of mine and oh man am I a happy guy now. Its delicious, so much better than hot brew. And almost no acidity due to how its made.
What do you take for your acid reflux? I have it worse than most people. This seems to handle it just fine but I’m always interested in something better.

GUEST_c8e52d3a-7bd3-409f-a8c2-8ef6171d08d2

How do you brew the perfect cup? I enjoy coffee but I’ll only drink it in the morning unlike others who will drink it all day. I go with the store brands. HEB started selling their own here and pretty much eliminated 75% of their competition. Kind of sucks but unless I order online I don’t have much of a choice. I do like to get local coffee when I visit other places.

I love coffee. I think two cups every morning, though I like to make it the night before and keep it in the fridge and drink it the next morning. I was cold brewing my own for a bit but now just make it normal and drink it cold the next day. I like a good ice latte but it needs to be a really nice, hipster kind of place. Clarksville has a great one and Nashville has several. They make the best coffee for some reason. Probably because they think that sort of thing is important or something.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

What do you take for your acid reflux? I have it worse than most people. This seems to handle it just fine but I’m always interested in something better.

GUEST_c8e52d3a-7bd3-409f-a8c2-8ef6171d08d2

The best thing for acid is bicarbonate of soda (baking soda). Cheap and instant and will do no damage to the liver.

I’ve mixed baking soda with water and it does work. Supposedly a shot of apple cider vinegar will work as well but I haven’t ever taken one when it flares up.
We old chemistry majors don't forget that we kept buckets of baking soda in the labs. It has many, many uses. It is heavy and will put out fires and works against all acid spills. Wonderful stuff.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Anyone try the Deathwish Coffee? You can only get it online.

Tried both Deathwish and Revv. Revv has always been my go to. Revv Cappucino for Keurig might be my favorite K-Cup. Though, have been using Keurig less and less lately

Tried both Deathwish and Revv. Revv has always been my go to. Revv Cappucino for Keurig might be my favorite K-Cup. Though, have been using Keurig less and less lately

...used a Keurig for years, just didn't seem to make a hot enough cup. Bought a Ninja and went back to ground coffee and filters. Haven't looked back since. Hadn't heard of Revv before. Another online only?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
...used a Keurig for years, just didn't seem to make a hot enough cup. Bought a Ninja and went back to ground coffee and filters. Haven't looked back since. Hadn't heard of Revv before. Another online only?
My wife and I are addicted to coffee. In the winter two pots a day and in summer one pot a day.

I like many coffees; however, my fall back is I buy a large Folger Classic and a large Folger Columbian can. I then blend them together, put them back in the containers and make my coffee in a "Mr. Coffee" drip.
a8fdcd3f-51d6-4ca2-a5b1-932d5ae524c6_1.15c5db2dd2a5ea2dee1d4d0de96bf58f.jpeg
Simple and not that expensive.
01045b75-698f-4e75-a096-e82d3cb27aea_1.4065bd314bb3537fbb522fc0bf6ef31c.jpeg

In our little guest house we keep a Keurig with many selections of brands; however, most of our company come over and drink my blended Folgers.

One trick that I do is I have two coffee pumps that are insulated. I brew my coffee, pour it in the coffee pump and then pump it out as needed. It keeps the coffee warm without burning it.
bunn-3-8-liter-stainless-steel-lined-lever-action-airpot-bunn-36725-0000.jpg

There you have all my coffee secrets.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I never have been a fan of those Keurigs. They never tasted right and they never fill your mug up with the amount you set it on. Like I’ll set it on large mug filling, give me 12 ounces. It barely pours it halfway into a regular cup. Makes me want to throw it against a wall. Also aren’t the K-cups really expensive? I think grinding your own beans, or just buying a bag for $7, and getting 60 cups out of it is a much better deal than however much you spend on K-cups. Also it tastes better.

This thread was better pre-title-change.

Every weekend I sit with my coffee and my breakfast sandwich. I enjoy it. Two sugars and a good helping of heavy cream. I like my coffee to taste like a dessert:)

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Philz coffee in the Bay is decent, when I go back to Louisville I usually buy a bag of Good Folks coffee, super tasty.

How do you brew the perfect cup? I enjoy coffee but I’ll only drink it in the morning unlike others who will drink it all day. I go with the store brands. HEB started selling their own here and pretty much eliminated 75% of their competition. Kind of sucks but unless I order online I don’t have much of a choice. I do like to get local coffee when I visit other places.
For me it's all about the beans. I get mine from the local federal prison.

:DMy father-in-law works for the BOP and he has a friend who imports beans for a lot of other people and myself.

This thread was better pre-title-change.

Every weekend I sit with my coffee and my breakfast sandwich. I enjoy it. Two sugars and a good helping of heavy cream. I like my coffee to taste like a dessert:)
I mostly only drink coffee and tea throughout the day. Both are unsweet unmessed with.

I don’t do sugar or cream in my coffee. I actually prefer to let it sit at room temperature for awhile. It brings the flavor out a little and I can enjoy it more. Never have been a fan of coffee that’s really hot.

I need to learn more about cold brew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT