ADVERTISEMENT

Coffee & Cannabis

Anyone else from the suburbs and knew people who said they were buying "dro"? Or even worse, they'd eat something good and say something like, "this is droooo."

I didn't like those people. I did say "that's tight" at one point in my life though. I can't lie.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Anyone else from the suburbs and knew people who said they were buying "dro"? Or even worse, they'd eat something good and say something like, "this is droooo."

I didn't like those people. I did say "that's tight" at one point in my life though. I can't lie.

Dro? RollLaugh

Losers

Reactions: ConvenientParking
You need to get over your Iowa insecurity. Yes, it's a piece of shit, but it's your piece of shit.

I am just admiring how big of a big city metro stud you are.

I bet you have been to Oklahoma City too, huh?

giphy.gif

Very early to mid 2000s, Midwest suburban white lingo. Cringe.

Reactions: bkingUK
Anyone taken an employment drug test lately? Are companies still testing?

That will be the day it's totally accepted.

I love living in Washington. I used to be a beer or cocktail guy to come down from the day with dinner. Now I'm a 5mg THC edible guy. Completely relaxed, sleep easy, little to no "high". Watching a game with a couple friends on a Saturday or Sunday is also pretty fun if you don't over do it with a little cross fade (Washington craft brews are also pretty solid). Plus snacks on those days taste like a gift from the gods. Wings, nachos, etc are worth it right there.

""You know, it makes everything better, it makes food taste better, it makes music better, it makes sex feel better for god sakes. It makes shitty movies better, you know"

I take a 10mg about an hour before bed a few nights a week.

I have had a couple of not so great next days with mixing the gummies with beer, but I am learning how to balance the two.

For government jobs I think it’s always mandatory. As well as CDL type jobs and probably some corporate positions. Thankfully in my technical field I never had to, The Bay Area is cool like that. I imagine the south still treats weed like heroin. Lol

Pretty sure even in places where its legal that businesses still do this. Depending on the job I cant really say I blame them. BUT, as long as I dont get high while AT work, I dont see the issue with what I do outside of work.

Pretty sure even in places where its legal that businesses still do this. Depending on the job I cant really say I blame them. BUT, as long as I dont get high while AT work, I dont see the issue with what I do outside of work.
Pretty much this. If you’re not getting stoned at work, it shouldn’t matter. After all, cocaine is out of your system within 48 hours, weed takes like 2-3 weeks depending on your consumption.

Totally agree with outside of work. To me, it's a very stupid way to lose a potential good employee by employers.

@klize17

I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Beers and brownies had me think I was dying one night, lol

Reactions: klize17
CBD oil is becoming big business as well. Apparently helps the people I know that use it. Big pharm will be trying to shut that down soon.

No prob. Just giving him shit for trying to big time someone on a message board he doesn't know, with that cow town Kansas City. Lol. Especially since I lived there for 2 years.

From an idiot’s perspective I suppose that’s what happened. Anyone else would realize that I was pointing out the hilarity of making hayseed cracks when you’re literally probably bailing hay as we speak.

And please...you can quit telling us in every post that you once spent a few years in the shittiest KC suburbs. No one cares.

I probably smoke a small bowl about 3-4 days a week, so I'm not a heavy smoker, but that's enough to come up with a hit in a hair follicle test. I was in the job hunt last summer and quit for a month, hoping that'd be enough time to come up clean. It was borderline and I was a little worried.

Ended up landing a job at a place that happens to not drug test, which is atypical for professional accounting/finance positions from what I've heard. In 3 jobs since college, 2 have tested, 1 hasn't. Passed both tests but I was just an occasional smoker those times. I assume testing is still the norm, especially in states where weed is illegal.

Reactions: hawkit3113

I work in community justice, we are told that there will be random drug testing done with a mandatory test twice a year. I have not been tested since 2017. As soon as I decide to take the chance, the random test will be the next day, you can bet your ass.

I imagine the south still treats weed like heroin. Lol
I mentioned this in another thread. They have been hitting meth and heroin dealers hard locally for the past year. Inadvertently, pot dealers are getting hit too. There have been hundreds more pot cases this year than last year. And the shitty part is that two of our judges treat pot as if it is just as bad as heroin and hit these people with all kinds of pre-trial conditions even if pot is their only charge.

Friendly dolphin fact. They are the only other mammal besides humans that have sex for pleasure and not just to reproduce.

I mentioned this in another thread. They have been hitting meth and heroin dealers hard locally for the past year. Inadvertently, pot dealers are getting hit too. There have been hundreds more pot cases this year than last year. And the shitty part is that two of our judges treat pot as if it is just as bad as heroin and hit these people with all kinds of pre-trial conditions even if pot is their only charge.

Friendly dolphin fact. They are the only other mammal besides humans that have sex for pleasure and not just to reproduce.
Weed dealers should get hit with a fine depending on weight and distribution and that’s it in my opinion. That sucks to hear some dealers are getting the same shaft as heroin and meth dealers who are literally killing people. Insane.

Last edited:
Is it ok to have a whole thread devoted it?

Off Season. Could be a lot of fun.
I started college in September 1964. My first day on campus I paid $1.00 for a joint. I went to the woods behind the dorm and tried to smoke it. I had never smoked a cigarette much less pot. I inhaled one puff and about died.

That is the history of me and weed. I don't need the shit.

I started college in September 1964. My first day on campus I paid $1.00 for a joint. I went to the woods behind the dorm and tried to smoke it. I had never smoked a cigarette much less pot. I inhaled one puff and about died.

That is the history of me and weed. I don't need the shit.
What made you decide to do that?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I work in community justice, we are told that there will be random drug testing done with a mandatory test twice a year. I have not been tested since 2017. As soon as I decide to take the chance, the random test will be the next day, you can bet your ass.

Same with my wife, they used to drug test her randomly and it's been years since her last one until yesterday.

Haven't heard of anyone drug testing in my area, not even at hospitals for awhile. It's as prevalent as taking a breathalyzer when you clock into work.

ADVERTISEMENT