ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Self

ALSO its amazing how many and how fast some of cretins crawled out of your holes to defend a cheater and to accuse another coach for cheating and use the BS EXCUSE of well every coach cheats. to justify cheating by certain coaches that have been caught.

you defenders of cheaters need to crawl back into what ever hole youy crawled out of,

giphy.gif

BJ Armstrong 1st rnd pick by the Bulls = millions in the NBA 3 NBA Championship rings
Acie Earle 1st rnd NBA pick = millions in the NBA
Bullard 10+ years in the NBA = Millions in the NBA
Bowen 10+ years in the NBA = Millions in the NBA
Davis Iowa only 1 n done. = Millions in the NBA
Marble drugs derailed his NBA Career,
Lohaus 2nd rnd pick by the Celtics = millions in the NBA.

Lute players the most notable
Ronnie Lestor drafted by the Lakers knee injuries ended his career
Hanson multiple years 1 NBA Championship.= millions in the NBA.

there are others so it didn't matter who he chose, both Davis and Lute put players into the NBA

YOUR POINT other than the one at the top of your head? Kansas cheated to get him period. Kansas finally got caught and now its time they pay for cheating.
My point is he didn't make a bad decision.

He could have done the same at Iowa but we'll never know that. As it is today, I can promise you he doesn't regret his decision. And we will never know whether or not Kansas cheated to get him. We can assume but we'll never know for sure.

So, for the record...is Iowa loaded with talent or are they scrubs that no one wanted? I need some clarification.

They must be pretty talented. I mean, you've said on several occasions that you don't miss Isaiah Moss at all. He's only the top shooter and fifth-leading scorer on the #1 team in the country. Laughing

Reactions: huskitt
So, for the record...is Iowa loaded with talent or are they scrubs that no one wanted? I need some clarification.

They must be pretty talented. I mean, you've said on several occasions that you don't miss Isaiah Moss at all. He's only the top shooter and fifth-leading scorer on the #1 team in the country. Laughing
these are all players that keep getting better with each year

Moss has been replaced by
RSFR Fredrick who is 3rd on the team that is rated in the top 20
leads the team in 3 point % @ 46.7 % 3rd inscoring @10.1 ppg
Moss never came close as his best season was 42.1% in his JR year as a SO and FR he avg'd 38% from 3 JR year was 5th in scoring @9.2 ppg

info on Fredrick
Kentucky Gatorade POY, scored over 900 points his SR year, made 102 3's on shooting 48%
named the single class Championship Game MVP.

looks like Fredrick has done a pretty good job of replacing Moss.

more in my next post on the others

Garza came in as #100 by ESPN and has a FR did this
21.7 mpg
3rd in scoring @ 12.1 ppg
2nd in rebounding @ 6.4 rpg
1st in blocks with 32.
All BT FR team
this season leads the team, BT and is 4th in DI BB in scoring
2nd on the team in 3 point shooting.

Jordan not playing due to hip surgery
posted 175 assists
made 85 3's
just one of 2 players in the previous 25 year to do that
as a SO
posted 175 + assists
made 85+ 3's
only player to post seasons like that back to back in the previous 25 years.
All BT FR team and a 3rd Team All BT as a JR.

Wieskamp as a SO
32.4 mpg
14.5 ppg 2nd on the team
6.1 rpg 2nd on the team
32 steals 2nd on the team
3rd on the team in 3 point %

Toussaint
18 mpg
6.5 ppg 5th on the team
2.7 apg 2nd on the team
34 steals leads the team
not bad for a true FR that will be Iowa's starting PG the next 3 years
NYCHoops rated the #1 PG in NYC and #2 player in the state of NY, led his team to the NYC Championship being named the MVP of the Championship game.

that's a solid group going into the 20-21 season.

Can't wait!
I can has this season is not over, Fran got's some good news as Fredrick was released to play tomorrow.

getting his best 3 point shooter and top perimeter defender back will take a lot of pressure off both Garza and Wieskamp.

Garza came in as #100 by ESPN and has a FR did this
21.7 mpg
3rd in scoring @ 12.1 ppg
2nd in rebounding @ 6.4 rpg
1st in blocks with 32.
All BT FR team
this season leads the team, BT and is 4th in DI BB in scoring
2nd on the team in 3 point shooting.

Jordan not playing due to hip surgery
posted 175 assists
made 85 3's
just one of 2 players in the previous 25 year to do that
as a SO
posted 175 + assists
made 85+ 3's
only player to post seasons like that back to back in the previous 25 years.
All BT FR team and a 3rd Team All BT as a JR.

Wieskamp as a SO
32.4 mpg
14.5 ppg 2nd on the team
6.1 rpg 2nd on the team
32 steals 2nd on the team
3rd on the team in 3 point %

Toussaint
18 mpg
6.5 ppg 5th on the team
2.7 apg 2nd on the team
34 steals leads the team
not bad for a true FR that will be Iowa's starting PG the next 3 years
NYCHoops rated the #1 PG in NYC and #2 player in the state of NY, led his team to the NYC Championship being named the MVP of the Championship game.

that's a solid group going into the 20-21 season.

Simply amazing how the #1 PG in NY fell completely under the radar!

Along with all these other top 100 players! Just astounding.

Nick Collison and Kirk Hinrich find the state of Iowa overrated.
no they ended up at kansas because Davis was run off their SR year, Davis remains the HC and Collison choose Iowa
Hinrich was committed to Floyd of the Cyclone then Floyd left to coach the Bull and Henrick followed Collison to Kansas as the grew up playing on the same AAU team,
both were gift wrapped to Kansas.
Lafrentz's 2 teammates from playing AAU were trying to get him to come to Iowa they almost had him convinced till his father said in no uncertain terms that his son would never play for a instate school and would only play for .Williams of Kansas. remember ISU is in the state and they are part of the B12, there had been rumors of improper benefits, but after his father stated

that's when it started coming out about them getting 100,000 dollars and free use as long as Raef played at Kansas,

it was bolstered when his father who owned the local barber shop in a very small town would shut it down during the BB season. to watch his son play BB.

shocking isn't it. where there is smoke there usually is fire.
Iowa has 4 D1 BB teams in the state.

Simply amazing how the #1 PG in NY fell completely under the radar!

Along with all these other top 100 players! Just astounding.

they were not top 50 4*'s or top 25 1 n done players.
Tioussaint had a shoulder injury during the AAU season nobody looked very hard at him. plus Fran had coached at Siena in the state of NY so Fran had that going for him.

Fran has this ability to find these under the radar players and does a good job of developing them over the course of their career, examples

3* Marble no major offers ended up a 1st Team All BT and a 2nd rnd NBA Pick
3* White under the radar FR AA 1st Team All BT and 2nd rnd NBA pick
3* Uthoff by Rivals 4* top 100 #92 by ESPN 1st Team All BT 2nd team AA
3* Jok 1st team all BT

all as SR's with 4 years of development, funny what can happen when player stay all 4 years and develop. this team is made up of 4 year players that keep getting better each year.

as for developing players the 2020 class will be 4 year players that don't need to play let alone major contributors.
PG 6'2 Ulis
SG 6'4 Perkins
F 6'7.5" Kris Murray
F 6'8.5" Keegan Murray
C/F 6'11 Ogundele

can all come in and develop. before needing to play major minutes in their 1st season. in fact posters on Hawkeye Report are arguing over who should/needs to RS their 1st year that's how little people are expecting them to be needed.

maybe but unless he stops cheating we will never know. Kansas was a major cheater before Self got there, these are the notable players that Iowa lost to Kansas and UNCHeats
LaFrentz McDonald AA
Colisson McDonald AA
Hirich McDonald AA these 3 went to Kansas
You made me look some of this up. I'm reading that neither Collison or Hinrich ever appeared to be interested in Iowa.

Kansas, Duke, Purdue, Arizona and Michigan are among the schools recruiting Collison, and in that company, Iowa State normally wouldn't stand a chance. Yet Collison is keeping the Cyclones on his short list. - Chicago Tribune, 7/14/1998

And Hinrich was committed to Iowa State after his sophomore year but began looking at Kansas, Oklahoma and Kansas State after Tim Floyd left for Chicago.

So how did Iowa lose Hinrich and Collison when it sounds like neither were ever interested in going there?

Reactions: Jayhawkai
You made me look some of this up. I'm reading that neither Collison or Hinrich ever appeared to be interested in Iowa.

Kansas, Duke, Purdue, Arizona and Michigan are among the schools recruiting Collison, and in that company, Iowa State normally wouldn't stand a chance. Yet Collison is keeping the Cyclones on his short list. - Chicago Tribune, 7/14/1998

And Hinrich was committed to Iowa State after his sophomore year but began looking at Kansas, Oklahoma and Kansas State after Tim Floyd left for Chicago.

So how did Iowa lose Hinrich and Collison when it sounds like neither were ever interested in going there?
Davis had been recruiting Nick since the 7th grade with Nick attending every Camp of Davis, in Davis's last year he was called a lame duck Coach as he knew as did everybody with a pulse that he was not going to retained. it wasn't till this came out that the other schools got involved.

Kirk was a solid commit to Floyd at ISU. Floyd went to coach the Bulls then Nick and Kirk decided to go to Kansas. Nick was a lifelong HAWK fan.

ALSO its amazing how many and how fast some of cretins crawled out of your holes to defend a cheater and to accuse another coach for cheating and use the BS EXCUSE of well every coach cheats. to justify cheating by certain coaches that have been caught.

you defenders of cheaters need to crawl back into what ever hole youy crawled out of,
I don’t think everyone cheats. Just you guys I guess.

Why do we need proof? Where's your proof that Lafrentz accepted money?
its was when the LaFrentz parents started getting better things than they could afford. staying in a Condo when the only income was from his barbershop in a small town. which he closed during the BB season. but I guess you will defend cheating to the very end.

its was when the LaFrentz parents started getting better things than they could afford. staying in a Condo when the only income was from his barbershop in a small town. which he closed during the BB season. but I guess you will defend cheating to the very end.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. I’d also bet the same would be true if he’d attended Iowa. High-level players often have their hands out. Anyone without a buried head who wasn’t born in a barn has figured this out.

Notice that you’re the only one making accusations. I’m merely pointing out the lameness of the thought process behind “we’re exonerated because we’re not accomplished.”

Reactions: soSELFish
Maybe Iowa lost the bag mans number lol.
that or they never had one.

on the FB side Iowa has had 32 2* players drafted in the last 20 years.

they have had at least 1 player drafted in 43 straight seasons.

now that Fran has the foundation laid and have the cornerstones in place he just has to be cheating, but the players and their ranking say otherwise, just for a refresher on the 20 class
Ulis #172 3*
Perkins #326 3*
Ogundele #314 3*
Kris #459 1*
Keegan #459 1*

but let them perform at a high level its Fran CHEATED TO GET THESE PLAYERS,

why? just to justify their own coaches cheating.

explain how? plus your proof. or what you base this on

Who needs proof? Apparently you seem to think if your team sucks that means everyone cheats but you. UNC sucks this year so I guess I could go your route and assume everyone else cheats. Instead I just choose to assume only your team cheats because it makes me feel better. You should be able to relate to that.

Reactions: huskitt
Dude this Iowa fan is mad.

I love the holy art thou approach.

college recruiting is dirty and has been for years. But yes Kansas is the only school that cheats.

Dude this Iowa fan is mad.

I love the holy art thou approach.

college recruiting is dirty and has been for years. But yes Kansas is the only school that cheats.
no they have a lot company
UNCheats [UNC]
Stripper Money U UL]
Arizona

non cheaters
NW
Wisconsin under Ryan and Gard
Indiana under Miller

the list is very very long for the non cheating programs but the cheaters list is short.

like I said their fan bases are quick to call others cheaters to justify their coaches cheating.

no they have a lot company
UNCheats [UNC]
Stripper Money U UL]
Arizona

non cheaters
NW
Wisconsin under Ryan and Gard
Indiana under Miller

the list is very very long for the non cheating programs but the cheaters list is short.

like I said their fan bases are quick to call others cheaters to justify their coaches cheating.

Dragonhawk--insider! Tell us more.

Amazing that Miller was able to snatch Romeo Langford from big, bad cheater Self without any impermissable benefits. Even more amazing when you consider the documented evidence that Nike was willing to pay him!

Reactions: Jayhawkai
Dragonhawk--insider! Tell us more.

Amazing that Miller was able to snatch Romeo Langford from big, bad cheater Self without any impermissable benefits. Even more amazing when you consider the documented evidence that Nike was willing to pay him!
Miller was tape recorded about paying players.
UNCheats multiple years of fake classes.
Stripper U Money U multiple years of providing stripper for the recruits
Coach fired over it.

looks like pretty good proof to me. what about you, what more proof do you need?

Coach fired over it.

looks like pretty good proof to me. what about you, what more proof do you need?
Actual proof.

Coach fired over it.

And do you agree that Langford likely accepted payment, considering that there is text evidence that Nike wanted to pay him?

There goes one of your "innocents."

And since you seem to think that the only cheating instances are those that are documented, then I suppose you'd have to conclude that the only player Self was involved with was De Sousa, who doesn't even contribute.

And do you agree that Langford likely accepted payment, considering that there is text evidence that Nike wanted to pay him?

There goes one of your "innocents."

And since you seem to think that the only cheating instances are those that are documented, then I suppose you'd have to conclude that the only player Self was involved with was De Sousa, who doesn't even contribute.
Love how op starts a thread on Bill Self then continually whines bitches and moans about three players who Self never recruited.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
no its about right, there are 353 DI BB programs. kinda doubt the non cheater are outnumbered by the cheaters.

Shoe companies are going to steer talent to the schools that will benefit them most. It’s not rocket science. Trust me, it’s not Iowa’s superior morals that prevent them from getting top players.

However, if you have the 42nd ranked player from his class on your roster, I’d be pretty surprised if he received zero benefits from anyone.

Shoe companies are going to steer talent to the schools that will benefit them most. It’s not rocket science. Trust me, it’s not Iowa’s superior morals that prevent them from getting top players.

However, if you have the 42nd ranked player from his class on your roster, I’d be pretty surprised if he received zero benefits from anyone.
he was/is a lifelong Hawk fan from the state of Iowa, as he committed to Fran as a SO in HS, there is really need for ANYBODY from Iowa to pay him anything. now is there. you really are desperate to justify your teams coaches cheating aren't you.

no its about right, there are 353 DI BB programs. kinda doubt the non cheater are outnumbered by the cheaters.
You do remember that the FBI found shit out about Creighton, TCU, etc right? And that there were also documents released in 2018 that accused players from Tulsa/Wichita St/etc. of having players paid right? If you’re seeing that in mid-major programs I don’t think you can say that there are more non-cheaters.

You do remember that the FBI found shit out about Creighton, TCU, etc right? And that there were also documents released in 2018 that accused players from Tulsa/Wichita St/etc. of having players paid right? If you’re seeing that in mid-major programs I don’t think you can say that there are more non-cheaters.
how many does that make out of 353 DI teams, also look at how they did. when mid majors suddenly get better you look at them real close,

he was/is a lifelong Hawk fan from the state of Iowa, as he committed to Fran as a SO in HS, there is really need for ANYBODY from Iowa to pay him anything. now is there. you really are desperate to justify your teams coaches cheating aren't you.

Not really. I don’t care. I’d prefer they make changes that would clean up the entire landscape, but until they do, I’m not going to sweat the phony holier than thou crap.

It’s been obvious for years that this stuff is prevalent. I’ve talked to a former AAU coach who was very open and clear about how common it is.

There’s those that are happy to benefit, those that look the other way, and those who would like to benefit if they could. Not a lot in-between.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT