ADVERTISEMENT

Clown team

giphy.gif

He said something to the effect of "we don't need a PG due to running a motion offense".

He's coaching like he's never played the game. They keep trying to run Bates as PG and it's killing them, but he keeps forcing it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Utah Valley outlasted BYU in overtime 72-65, at Utah Valley. I doubt Mark Pope schedules that game against his former team again...

Ohio is solid. Not a contender or anything but they arent a mid major scrub either. Solid mid major.

Utah Valley outlasted BYU in overtime 72-65, at Utah Valley. I doubt Mark Pope schedules that game against his former team again...

UVU is interesting. They're kind of like a farm team for BYU. Their standouts often transfer to BYU (Toolson, Averette, Harward), whereas the BYU rejects transfer down to UVU. But, UVU also has the largest student enrollment in the state of Utah. With Mark Madsen running the show, I think they could easily supplant New Mexico State as the premier team in the WAC. They're 7-1 this year and that's without arguably their most capable offensive player, Trey Woodbury.

I don't think they'll stop playing each other. Kind of similar to Villanova and Penn. You play your crosstown "rival" even when you beat up on them. And Villanova did lose to Penn in the 2019 season.

Reactions: Montana81
memphis has now dropped 3 in a row after losing to likely non ncaa tournament worthy Ole Miss 67-63. Bates and Duren combined for 9 points 1 assist and 4 turnovers on 2-13 shooting.

hope whatever fed ex gave those 2 is worth penny sabo’ing their draft stock.

their next two games are against Bama and Tennessee. both likely losses. Memphis could struggle to make the tourney again.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
memphis has now dropped 3 in a row after losing to likely non ncaa tournament worthy Ole Miss 67-63. Bates and Duren combined for 9 points 1 assist and 4 turnovers on 2-13 shooting.

hope whatever fed ex gave those 2 is worth penny sabo’ing their draft stock.

their next two games are against Bama and Tennessee. both likely losses. Memphis could struggle to make the tourney again.
Bates and Duren has a foot out the door. It's amazing how things work out.

iirc, Bates might have to stay. too lazy to look into it.

He’s better off going overseas for a season or the g league. He’ll get better coaching.

Oregon lost at home to Arizona State, lolz. Their 4th loss on the year now. How the hell were they ranked in the top 15 at the beginning of the year? They are garbage.

I think we can probably end the thread right now. #20 Florida just lost to 0-7 Texas Southern by 15 points. So Texas Southern covered the spread by 39 points.

To be fair, Texas Southern only plays road games in the OOC season - and mostly against top 100 squads. They're a halfway decent team. Lost 4 straight road games by single-digits (Saint Mary's, Washington, Air Force, NC State). They play in the SWAC, so expect to see them in the tournament.

To be fair, Texas Southern only plays road games in the OOC season - and mostly against top 100 squads. They're a halfway decent team. Lost 4 straight road games by single-digits (Saint Mary's, Washington, Air Force, NC State). They play in the SWAC, so expect to see them in the tournament.

Agreed with the first part, ehh on the second part. When you're a small conference team that has to win your conference tournament to make it crowning someone in December is tough.

Agreed with the first part, ehh on the second part. When you're a small conference team that has to win your conference tournament to make it crowning someone in December is tough.

Not saying we should pencil them in as conference champions, but I fully expect them to win one of the worst conferences in college basketball. It doesn't take much to win the SWAC. 8 of the 12 schools aren't even in the top 300 of KenPom.

Not saying we should pencil them in as conference champions, but I fully expect them to win one of the worst conferences in college basketball. It doesn't take much to win the SWAC. 8 of the 12 schools aren't even in the top 300 of KenPom.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT