ADVERTISEMENT

Clown team

I defended williams and his game bc he destroyed us last year in the AccT, but i never said id take him over HD, a frosh AA

I think UNC has a strong chance to qualify tonight.
You think so? I saw that the spread is only 12 but I don't know anything about Charleston other than Meeks being pretty damn good. He might score at will against the Heels unless they clean up the defense.

Exactly. Playing on the road this early with a team as bad at defense as UNC screams upset.

Exactly. Playing on the road this early with a team as bad at defense as UNC screams upset.
Didn't realize it was on the road. I think it's kind of odd that UNC plays so many mid-major road games. It makes sense to get them used to a hostile environment, but you just don't really see many other major conference teams doing it. They usually just throw the mid-major $100K or something to come play at their place instead.

Didn't realize it was on the road. I think it's kind of odd that UNC plays so many mid-major road games. It makes sense to get them used to a hostile environment, but you just don't really see many other major conference teams doing it. They usually just throw the mid-major $100K or something to come play at their place instead.
I kind of like the idea. You technically play a road OOC game with little to no chance of losing. It's gotta help more than it hurts.

Plus if UNC fans are like UK fans who complain about the home games against cupcakes, then they can watch them play cupcakes away from home.

I kind of like the idea. You technically play a road OOC game with little to no chance of losing. It's gotta help more than it hurts.

Plus if UNC fans are like UK fans who complain about the home games against cupcakes, then they can watch them play cupcakes away from home.
I wish UK would do it. I would rather see them play in one of the early season holiday tourneys though, instead of playing a bunch of shitty mid-majors at home.

Roy did it for different reasons. He always liked to get his players a game close to their home so would do it for that reasons. He has done it to help smaller programs open a new building before as well. This was a 2 for 1 deal so they come twice and UNC goes there once. Not sure if Hubert will continue to do this sort of thing or not. He probably doesn't know either.

Roy did it for different reasons. He always liked to get his players a game close to their home so would do it for that reasons. He has done it to help smaller programs open a new building before as well. This was a 2 for 1 deal so they come twice and UNC goes there once. Not sure if Hubert will continue to do this sort of thing or not. He probably doesn't know either.
Cal has done similar things, but usually he'll schedule mid-majors that have former UK player/coaching ties, and he'll have them come to Rupp so they can get that fat payday. He did play at Portland so Terrence Jones could get a "home" game back in the day. They play High Point at Rupp this season because Tubby Smith is getting a banner hung in the rafters.

Cal has done similar things, but usually he'll schedule mid-majors that have former UK player/coaching ties, and he'll have them come to Rupp so they can get that fat payday. He did play at Portland so Terrence Jones could get a "home" game back in the day. They play High Point at Rupp this season because Tubby Smith is getting a banner hung in the rafters.

It wouldn't surprise if Roy and Cal have discussed this sort of with each other before.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It wouldn't surprise if Roy and Cal have discussed this sort of with each other before.
I bet they have. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall just listening to their conversations when they ran into each other on the recruiting trail and whatnot.

Good call thus far with Charleston leading by 6 at the half. Not what you would think though. They only shot 36% from the field, but they capitalized on 11 UNC turnovers.

Not sure how you can watch this team and have any confidence in Hubert. Justin McKoy is as bad a college ball player as you will see and he is getting tons of playing time. As bad as Love and Harris have been UNC would be winning if McKoy simply didn't play.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Didn’t Charleston beat UNC a few years ago?

Also, Michigan appears to be struggling with Seton Hall. 1 point game, almost halftime.

Yes, they beat us in a year where we sucked. But yeah, Roy was awesome but had a tendency to lose some bad ones early in the year at times.

Yes, they beat us in a year where we sucked. But yeah, Roy was awesome but had a tendency to lose some bad ones early in the year at times.
Well, they got it done tonight. Hats off to the heels. They certainly walked into a hornets nest tonight. That arena had to be jacked up.

#12 (and obviously highly overrated) Oregon getting raped in the anus by BYU at home. The Cougs have the ducks almost doubled up right now, 46-24 with 15 minutes to play.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I was wondering how Howard would do with a young roster. It ain't easy and to me, it's just not the way to go. You can't fake experience and cohesion.
I still think UofM will eventually be pretty good, but by that time, they might have 10 losses.

#12 (and obviously highly overrated) Oregon getting raped in the anus by BYU at home. The Cougs have the ducks almost doubled up right now, 46-24.
Barcello is a hell of a player. He still hasn't missed yet.

Well, they got it done tonight. Hats off to the heels. They certainly walked into a hornets nest tonight. That arena had to be jacked up.

Yeah, it was a good win. Hubert does things way differently than Roy. I'm not convinced yet but we'll see. The spacing is one thing that is definitely improved and guards and wings are able to do more things now. That arena was pretty awesome. The fans were great. It is so nice to have fans back in stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT