ADVERTISEMENT

Chances kentucky doesnt make the tourney?

I disagree. Who gives a shit about opinions? Half of the drivel regurgitated today is just message board hearsay exaggerated by each game of telephone.

I get what your saying and agree with the premise totally, I just think we have a disconnect on what the “court of public opinion” means.

To me, It’s not everyone’s differing opinions. It’s things known/concluded by the public despite what happened in the court room or anywhere behind closed doors.

Like when OJ was acquitted in court but the whole world knew he killed his gf and lover.

Or when zion/duke/Nike walks away Scott free despite the whole world seeing the DMV records and reading the tapped conversations between zion and other schools (Kansas) discussing compensation.

Or in this case, the Higgins stuff. Regardless of what happened in the court room, UK fans made threats on his life and his livelihood (roofing business) after that game. If you want to hide behind a court ruling and pretend it never happened, fine by me, that’s your right, but the rest of the world still knows it happened.

If I’ve been using “the court of public opinion” phrase wrong, then that’s on me.

So no UK fans made death threats bc the the courts found no evidence. Cool story. If only we all hadn’t read them on Facebook and Twitter lol.

The courts also found no evidence that Katina Powell was paying girls the $$$ she got from Andre McGee for sexual services for the Louisville basketball team, in fact the court ruled in favor of every single girl mentioned in her book, who sued her for saying they were her “prostitutes and she was their madam/pimp.”

So do we also get to act like it just didn’t happen? Since the courts and stuff ya know.

I didn’t even mention how the night courts found Louisville to be a VICTIM in the adidas/fbi/pay to play scheme as well.

Or the same courts that just sided with Zion being an amateur athlete at duke lmao.

The court of law doesn’t matter nearly as much as the court of public opinion.
uh. They went through twitter and facebook and found no evidence so they dismissed the case. Did they find angry messages? yes! but no death threats. Sextino knew all about the chix. Rick matched your fan base perfectly: arrogant assholes who look down on KY outside of watterson expressway, who think their city isnt a giant crime hole.Lastly, he showed how u6 will do ANYTHING to beat UK.

Reactions: JC for 3
Back to the OP....

200.gif

Reactions: RunninRichie
The most annoying aspect of Kentucky struggling this year is that when I get on espn to check scores, espn defaults to top 25. So I have to select sec to see if they even played. Haven’t had to do that for ku in 229 weeks (and counting).
Bump

As of this moment I'd say it 0.1% If we were to win out starting tonight v LSU....yeah....we're Kentucky and the NCAA is reeling financially after no tourney last year. You bet your ass they'd excuse us and put us in.

We lose tonight we are 4-10 and there is juet no scenario we get in without the SECT.

I can't believe Kentucky is going to be playing in the Wed night game. This shit is shameful yall.

God bless the guys whove uploaded full games onto YouTube. Those help get me through the summer 😂

Reactions: cdbearde
I get what your saying and agree with the premise totally, I just think we have a disconnect on what the “court of public opinion” means.

To me, It’s not everyone’s differing opinions. It’s things known/concluded by the public despite what happened in the court room or anywhere behind closed doors.

Like when OJ was acquitted in court but the whole world knew he killed his gf and lover.

Or when zion/duke/Nike walks away Scott free despite the whole world seeing the DMV records and reading the tapped conversations between zion and other schools (Kansas) discussing compensation.

Or in this case, the Higgins stuff. Regardless of what happened in the court room, UK fans made threats on his life and his livelihood (roofing business) after that game. If you want to hide behind a court ruling and pretend it never happened, fine by me, that’s your right, but the rest of the world still knows it happened.

If I’ve been using “the court of public opinion” phrase wrong, then that’s on me.
"Other schools". There you go. You have your answer. Not Duke just in case you were wondering, "other schools".

I think you jinxed yourself.
Been a weird season. I didn’t think that ku should have been as high as they were ranked to start the season (no point guard, no presence down low...basically a team with a lot of wings and shooting guards). However I never thought they would struggle on the road as they have. Granted they haven’t been losing to the Kentucky school of the blind (every team they have lost too is projected to make the tournament) it just the way they have lost that is troubling. Losing to Gonzaga and Baylor this year aren’t bad loses, but getting blown out by Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia are. Feels like a one or two and done type tourney team.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Been a weird season. I didn’t think that ku should have been as high as they were ranked to start the season (no point guard, no presence down low...basically a team with a lot of wings and shooting guards). However I never thought they would struggle on the road as they have. Granted they haven’t been losing to the Kentucky school of the blind (every team they have lost too is projected to make the tournament) it just the way they have lost that is troubling. Losing to Gonzaga and Baylor this year aren’t bad loses, but getting blown out by Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia are. Feels like a one or two and done type tourney team.
It's been a weird year. Just wanted to poke you in the rib a bit. Not often the Bill Self's former team gets to do that. ;)

I think this team is maddening to watch at times, and looked like complete trash vs Tennessee and Texas, but you also have to keep it in perspective. They have 5 wins vs ranked teams, which is the most in D1. Every loss is to a ranked team, including Baylor and Gonzaga. The lazy passes and missed bunnies make me want to smash my TV, but the overall results aren't bad.

Their resume looks a lot like Texas Tech's and they're ranked 7th. If Tech had played Gonzaga, they'd probably have the same record. KU also won at Tech.

I think this team is maddening to watch at times, and looked like complete trash vs Tennessee and Texas, but you also have to keep it in perspective. They have 5 wins vs ranked teams, which is the most in D1. Every loss is to a ranked team, including Baylor and Gonzaga. The lazy passes and missed bunnies make me want to smash my TV, but the overall results aren't bad.

Their resume looks a lot like Texas Tech's and they're ranked 7th. If Tech had played Gonzaga, they'd probably have the same record. KU also won at Tech.
Kansas looked worse than they are against UT (TN). They couldn't hit anything (which happens), but they weren't very active in going after rebounds. They didn't look motivated.

Kansas looked worse than they are against UT (TN). They couldn't hit anything (which happens), but they weren't very active in going after rebounds. They didn't look motivated.

It's definitely not a vintage KU team, but that shouldn't have been expected. Their preseason rankings had a lot more to do with Bill Self and the program's reputation than the talent.

Dotson returning instead of going G League would have made a world of difference.

It's definitely not a vintage KU team, but that shouldn't have been expected. Their preseason rankings had a lot more to do with Bill Self and the program's reputation than the talent.

Dotson returning instead of going G League would have made a world of difference.
If Dok could have gotten the fifth year and Dotson came back would have made a huge difference. Basically would have been last years team with improved shooting. I don't blame Dok for graduating and getting paid. Dotson should have came back. He got some bad intel. He will never have an impact in the nba and will always be a g league or euro league player. He should have stayed all four years.

Actual footage of what I did to the Chiefs' tackles on Sunday:

wF5fer7.gif
Crazy stat I saw said Mahomes covered a total of 497 yards on pass/sack plays in the Super Bowl while running for his life. He made some incredible throws too that were just dropped. He definitely did all he could, he just had no help from anyone else.

Last edited:
Crazy stat I saw said Mahomes covered a total of 497 yards on pass/sack plays in the Super Bowl while running for his life. He made some incredible throws too that were just dropped. He definitely did all he could, he just had no help from anyone else.
The throw he made when he was parallel to the ground and flicked it 25 yards should be in every NFL highlight reel. Too bad Williams dropped the ball.

Yeah...what probably pisses me off most about that game is that the casual observers are going to claim he blew it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I would think that UK fans want nothing more than this season to end. If they could forfeit out, I think collectively they would.

I still see the chance of all the sec lock sitting the secT out to quarantine and make sure everyone is healthy for the big dance.

then UK rolls through txam, miss st, and vandy for the autobid.

ADVERTISEMENT