ADVERTISEMENT

***Champions Classic/Season Opener***

I have no doubt you see a different reality.

Borden and others have called you out for being overly sensitive and typing out paragraph upon paragraph after every passing remark about UK. True or false?

Meanwhile, I've never said or implied that I'm a victim of anything. Criticism does not equate to victimizing oneself. Capeesh?

Borden and others have called you out for being overly sensitive and typing out paragraph upon paragraph after every passing remark about UK. True or false?

Meanwhile, I've never said or implied that I'm a victim of anything. Criticism does not equate to victimizing oneself. Capeesh?
False. Cool Story. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Do you feel better? (read this in a soothing voice)

Anyway, good luck tonight, I'm sure you won't say the same....due to your hatred of the UK fan base and how you were unfairly treated and banned at RR.

With time, it will get better. I promise.

*in the meantime, you should go back and research anything about me posting paragraphs after paragraphs in any post about anyone/thing, or anyone calling me sensitive. If you include @IUfanBorden in the search, you'll find he calls UK fans as a whole sensitive. That was a good effort to one up me though.

Now go on about how much you hate RR and how you were unfairly banned from there.

Last edited:
False. Cool Story. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Do you feel better? (read this in a soothing voice)

Anyway, good luck tonight, I'm sure you won't say the same....due to your hatred of the UK fan base and how you were unfairly treated and banned at RR.

With time, it will get better. I promise.

*in the meantime, you should go back and research anything about me posting paragraphs after paragraphs in any post about anyone/thing, or anyone calling me sensitive. If you include @IUfanBorden in the search, you'll find he calls UK fans as a whole sensitive. That was a good effort to one up me though.

Now go on about how much you hate RR and how you were unfairly banned from there.

Ha... we all knew who Borden was referring to. Nice try.

Good luck to Kentucky!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I can't disagree with you, except I do know of one home board that bans anyone with ties to UK right now, even their own fans have called them out on here.
But I don't get the KU hate, getting beat is part of the game, it happens, but for whatever reason, KU fans take a beating over there and I wish that wasn't the case.
Heck, @Denim Vest gets hammered and he's just trying to be funny. I think some people over there are just wound way too tight.
@Kiimohawk made some great points in the post that I quoted above. He's right, you have to trash your own coach, fans and program to be accepted over there and at that point, it's just not worth it.
I think it's a hell of a board with a ton of awesome posters, but there are so many people that are too easily set off.
I tried to go over to rupp rafters and post once but I had to ask permission to post and when I did they denied it. I read some of the threads and I agree there are a lot of insightful posters over there and really knowledgeable on basketball. However almost every thread that is not totally worshipping the ground that rupp is built on and the deity of Kentucky basketball ends up in a gutter slinging of obscenities and name calling. After about 5 threads I was good and stopped going over there. Now I only go over to read the meltdowns when UK loses a game that they should have won or gets blown out. Even then through I rarely go over. It’s too bad because I would have liked to interact with some of the fans if they were willing to give and take. But a lot just want to give and give and if you attempt to smack talk back you get banned. Jayhawkslant ain’t much better so I rarely go over there anymore as well.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I tried to go over to rupp rafters and post once but I had to ask permission to post and when I did they denied it. I read some of the threads and I agree there are a lot of insightful posters over there and really knowledgeable on basketball. However almost every thread that is not totally worshipping the ground that rupp is built on and the deity of Kentucky basketball ends up in a gutter slinging of obscenities and name calling. After about 5 threads I was good and stopped going over there. Now I only go over to read the meltdowns when UK loses a game that they should have won or gets blown out. Even then through I rarely go over. It’s too bad because I would have liked to interact with some of the fans if they were willing to give and take. But a lot just want to give and give and if you attempt to smack talk back you get banned. Jayhawkslant ain’t much better so I rarely go over there anymore as well.
All home boards have one thing in common.

I tried to help someone, with streaming their game, while lurking on another teams home board. I won't repeat the obscenities I caused.

All home boards have one thing in common.

I tried to help someone, with streaming their game, while lurking on another teams home board. I won't repeat the obscenities I caused.
The time I tried to post with my post they had me ask permission. I was even complimenting UK on their win over Louisville and still got the denial hammer.

It's not limited to KU. They seem to hate anyone and everyone. But they do reserve a bit of extra hate for KU. I assume because KU had the gall to beat them a few times in a row.

If they want to talk sh*t and spew nonsense constantly, fine. What's annoying is the "ban anyone who puts up any resistance" approach. Very lame. I've never seen such a ban-happy forum.

I can go on a Denver Broncos message board and talk all the shit I want without fear of getting banned. They just throw it back. Patriots fans flood the KC forum daily. To this day, I can only think of one who has been banned. And it took a lot for that to happen. That's how it should be.

Unless somebody's spamming or being ultra-offensive, bans are weak and pathetic. Especially permanent bans.

UNC board?

It's not limited to KU. They seem to hate anyone and everyone. But they do reserve a bit of extra hate for KU. I assume because KU had the gall to beat them a few times in a row.

If they want to talk sh*t and spew nonsense constantly, fine. What's annoying is the "ban anyone who puts up any resistance" approach. Very lame. I've never seen such a ban-happy forum.

I can go on a Denver Broncos message board and talk all the shit I want without fear of getting banned. They just throw it back. Patriots fans flood the KC forum daily. To this day, I can only think of one who has been banned. And it took a lot for that to happen. That's how it should be.

Unless somebody's spamming or being ultra-offensive, bans are weak and pathetic. Especially permanent bans.
The only other board that bans people for ridiculous shit is the Allen Fieldhouse Suite on the Jayhawk Slant. It was once a great place and then @shay ruined it. You can tell that a board is terrible by looking at the topics page and see that 25%+ of the topics are created by the lead moderator and half of them have 0 responses.

Yeah, but the truth is, all home boards are full of homers that only want to talk about how great their program is until they lose, then they hate their coach and players… .. until the next game.

Exhibit #1 is the 4 or 5 Iowa fans that post over here. That program has never won anything of note on the big stage, but those Iowa fans think this is the year EVERY YEAR and they will argue that Iowa basketball is >>> any program you want to compare them to.

However, Rupps Rafters takes it to a level most home boards could never get to. There are some die hards that only watch UK games and refuse to believe that anyone else is as good as UK.

Then there are guys that are aggravated because a non UK fan is posting on their board.

Sorry man, it is what it is.

The only other board that bans people for ridiculous shit is the Allen Fieldhouse Suite on the Jayhawk Slant. It was once a great place and then @shay ruined it. You can tell that a board is terrible by looking at the topics page and see that 25%+ of the topics are created by the lead moderator and half of them have 0 responses.
Wow, that sounds bad.
You should see the Louisville board. It's losing good posters daily.

Wow, that sounds bad.
You should see the Louisville board. It's losing good posters daily.
The Slant used to be one of those boards where the entire first page was all from posts that day. Now the bottom of the page has threads from 1-2 weeks ago. A lot of that has to do with the Information Age where boards like that serve little to no purpose for “insider” information. You can’t get anything there that you can’t find anywhere else on Twitter at the same time for free. But a lot of it also is because posters felt that they couldn’t speak their minds anymore without fear of getting banned. Why would anybody who likes to talk about their team stay in a place like that, ya know?

The Slant used to be one of those boards where the entire first page was all from posts that day. Now the bottom of the page has threads from 1-2 weeks ago. A lot of that has to do with the Information Age where boards like that serve little to no purpose for “insider” information. You can’t get anything there that you can’t find anywhere else on Twitter at the same time for free. But a lot of it also is because posters felt that they couldn’t speak their minds anymore without fear of getting banned. Why would anybody who likes to talk about their team stay in a place like that, ya know?
This is why I stopped going over there. I could take 2 weeks off and the same threads would be on the front page. I had a membership 10 yrs ago and back then it was great and most of the posters were good. Now it’s just shite.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I remember going over to the slant several years ago, never posted, but it seemed like it was fairly active.
All it takes is for one or two dudes to destroy a home board.

You obviously haven’t ever been on the UNc board!

ADVERTISEMENT