ADVERTISEMENT

***Champions Classic/Season Opener***

tenor.gif

Good God, we got thrashed in every phase of the game that night!! Jesus, Mary & Joseph, Kentucky was so f**king good that year. We were playing checkers and you guys were playing a full-on cutthroat game of chess.

Good God, we got thrashed in every phase of the game that night!! Jesus, Mary & Joseph, Kentucky was so f**king good that year. We were playing checkers and you guys were playing a full-on cutthroat game of chess.
Duke actually pulled out. We didn't pull out on you guys. I think the margin of victories were about the same.

Duke deep dicked us much more than we deep dicked you guys even though there were only 2 points difference.

If you guys beat Duke tomorrow, you'll not only have a 4 game win streak, you'll be tied for first with a 5-4 record. Yes, you started 1-4.

does anyone remember the NCAAT where Calipair's Memphis team ran circles around Izzo's MSU team?

Yeah, that team was guard heavy on Calipari's team.

That is odd. All I can think is there are probably more people placing bets on Duke than Kansas.

I'm sure the NCAA came in after KU was listed at - 4.5 and blindly wagered heavily with no evidence in hand, never seen them act like this before, so crazy.

Betting both sides will pay...

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
Duke actually pulled out. We didn't pull out on you guys. I think the margin of victories were about the same.

Duke deep dicked us much more than we deep dicked you guys even though there were only 2 points difference.

If you guys beat Duke tomorrow, you'll not only have a 4 game win streak, you'll be tied for first with a 5-4 record. Yes, you started 1-4.

Kinda strange how these things work themselves out. You're definitely right. I love the fact our first regular season games are starting in the Champions Classic. It doesn't define your season by any means, but starting your season on that big of a stage right off the bat is fun in its own right.

The NCAA is so incompetent. It sounds like we are going to find out if our transfer is eligible or not after the first game. They’ve had weeks.

Really feel like bill is going to have Dok and Silvio do some manly harm to hurt for the shit he put ku through. Hope by the end of the game matty’s Over looking for his mommy and asking to go home. Ku wins the game going away by 10 73-63.

I will say, Self has been thorough against UK/Duke/UNC the last handful of years. He is something like 9/10 and 2 including that dry hump that UK gave us in 2014.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The season is upon us. Let the trash talking begin!!! Good luck this season everybody!!!

Almost strange how fast the season snuck up on me. I am the least informed on Duke basketball than I have been in years. Kind of looking forward to a season without ridiculous expectations.

Going with Kansas 73 Duke 68. Michigan State 78 Kentucky 67.

You are lucky. It seems like forever for me. Baseball season is like watching paint dry. Now I have 4.5 months of countless college bball with some really good college fball games thrown in.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Yeah, Duke pulled out early, but they finished on our faces, so I think it's worse.
KU kinda wanted UK to stay in it until the end.

Too much?

Just another Kansas fan who was permabanned by Rupp Rafters
That must have been traumatic. Are you handling it ok? We've had some fans here who just went on and on about it. I think once they let it all out, they've coped pretty well adjusting to life after that horrible, horrible experience.

:D

Reactions: Kiimohawk
Just another Kansas fan who was permabanned by Rupp Rafters
LMAO, is this the post that got you permabanned?

Kiimohawk said:
"Uh who was fighting or talking smack? Is that how you think this thread went down? Are you really assuming I started this? I don't give a crap what you experience on the Phog, I don't go to that site. Your "Never back down from a fight" mentality is typical redneck internet hero nonsense that prevents actual debate and replaces it with meaningless pissing contests. We we're talking about recruiting, not Self's hair, Oklahoma, Helms titles and conference prestige (and by the way your conference blows). If every fan treated every fan based on the bad fans they've encountered I'd have to treat every Kentucky fan like brewdog deserves to be treated and I would never stop calling you all idiots who need to be thrown off a cliff. This is why fans of other schools eventually stop coming here, because to have any kind of discussion you have to agree with moronic takes that your school sucks, your program sucks and your coach sucks. I mean, it's not true but that's the only way to be "respectful" to you ****ing trash fans and your idiotic bullshit. That's why you don't see the good posters anymore, they get exhausted trying to debate with mental invalids, it's why NCAAUCoach left just like everyone else.

I'm out of here. Rejoice and burn a couch. Then go **** yourselves."

I don't understand why there is such a large group over there that hates KU. I agree with the point you made in this post. I've even jumped in a few times to ask why guys were hammering KU fans for seemingly no reason, but that's like firing a pellet gun at a freight train.
I like most of the posters over there, but there are some that take homerism to a level I'll never understand and I don't get the Kansas hate. I wish you guys could post over there, but the abuse you take isn’t worth it.
Somehow @Nooneputsbabyinacorner is still going strong over there.

Really think the matchup to watch tonight is Winston and Hagans. Hagans will likely be the National Defensive player of the year (or right there for it). If he is able to slow Winston down i think UK wins pretty comfortably. If Winston has his way UK is likely in trouble.

Kiimohawk said:
"Uh who was fighting or talking smack? Is that how you think this thread went down? Are you really assuming I started this? I don't give a crap what you experience on the Phog, I don't go to that site. Your "Never back down from a fight" mentality is typical redneck internet hero nonsense that prevents actual debate and replaces it with meaningless pissing contests. We we're talking about recruiting, not Self's hair, Oklahoma, Helms titles and conference prestige (and by the way your conference blows). If every fan treated every fan based on the bad fans they've encountered I'd have to treat every Kentucky fan like brewdog deserves to be treated and I would never stop calling you all idiots who need to be thrown off a cliff. This is why fans of other schools eventually stop coming here, because to have any kind of discussion you have to agree with moronic takes that your school sucks, your program sucks and your coach sucks. I mean, it's not true but that's the only way to be "respectful" to you ****ing trash fans and your idiotic bullshit. That's why you don't see the good posters anymore, they get exhausted trying to debate with mental invalids, it's why NCAAUCoach left just like everyone else.

I don't understand why there is such a large group over there that hates KU. I agree with the point you made in this post. I've even jumped in a few times to ask why guys were hammering KU fans for seemingly no reason, but that's like firing a pellet gun at a freight train.
I like most of the posters over there, but there are some that take homerism to a level I'll never understand and I don't get the Kansas hate. I wish you guys could post over there, but the abuse you take isn’t worth it.

g3ib1.jpg

Kiimohawk said:

It's not limited to KU. They seem to hate anyone and everyone. But they do reserve a bit of extra hate for KU. I assume because KU had the gall to beat them a few times in a row.

If they want to talk sh*t and spew nonsense constantly, fine. What's annoying is the "ban anyone who puts up any resistance" approach. Very lame. I've never seen such a ban-happy forum.

I can go on a Denver Broncos message board and talk all the shit I want without fear of getting banned. They just throw it back. Patriots fans flood the KC forum daily. To this day, I can only think of one who has been banned. And it took a lot for that to happen. That's how it should be.

Unless somebody's spamming or being ultra-offensive, bans are weak and pathetic. Especially permanent bans.

It's not limited to KU. They seem to hate anyone and everyone. But they do reserve a bit of extra hate for KU. I assume because KU had the gall to beat them a few times in a row.

If they want to talk sh*t and spew nonsense constantly, fine. What's annoying is the "ban anyone who puts up any resistance" approach. Very lame. I've never seen such a ban-happy forum.

I can go on a Denver Broncos message board and talk all the shit I want without fear of getting banned. They just throw it back. Patriots fans flood the KC forum daily. To this day, I can only think of one who has been banned. And it took a lot for that to happen. That's how it should be.

Unless somebody's spamming or being ultra-offensive, bans are weak and pathetic. Especially permanent bans.
I can't disagree with you, except I do know of one home board that bans anyone with ties to UK right now, even their own fans have called them out on here.
But I don't get the KU hate, getting beat is part of the game, it happens, but for whatever reason, KU fans take a beating over there and I wish that wasn't the case.
Heck, @Denim Vest gets hammered and he's just trying to be funny. I think some people over there are just wound way too tight.
@Kiimohawk made some great points in the post that I quoted above. He's right, you have to trash your own coach, fans and program to be accepted over there and at that point, it's just not worth it.
I think it's a hell of a board with a ton of awesome posters, but there are so many people that are too easily set off.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Is Mr Sensitive implying that others are sensitive?Laughing
Yes. You got me.

I assumed you meant me as Mr. Sensitive. If so, yes.

However, I don't go around complaining about being a victim by a bunch of big meanies.

I do have feelings and very sensitive feelings, you kind of hurt them by calling me Mr. Sensitive. I'll cope better than you have being targeted and picked on I'm sure.

Yes. You got me.

I assumed you meant me as Mr. Sensitive. If so, yes.

However, I don't go around complaining about being a victim by a bunch of big meanies.

I do have feelings and very sensitive feelings, you kind of hurt them by calling me Mr. Sensitive. I'll cope better than you have been picked on I'm sure.

Actually, you do. Often. And I never have. But aside from that, carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT