ADVERTISEMENT

***Champions Classic/Season Opener***

5thGenJayhawk

May 6, 2015
This week...it's here. 27 hours from now til the first games.

All is right again.

KU over Duke
UK over MSU.

giphy.gif

Reactions: rdgtr and Sparty_0n
I just saw that Duke is a 1.5 favorite? When did this happen?

Last I heard was that KU was favored by several points.

Betting lines on opening night are tough to gauge. Doesn't really matter. Wouldn't be surprised if whoever won this game, it was a one possession game, again.

I would favor Kansas, personally. They have 2 legit 1st Team All-American candidates. Crazy depth down low. Future 1st Rounder in Agbaji. Lockdown defender in Garrett. Knock-down shooter in Moss. A lot of good pieces there. I think Duke can win, but I'd give the edge to KU.

Almost strange how fast the season snuck up on me. I am the least informed on Duke basketball than I have been in years. Kind of looking forward to a season without ridiculous expectations.

Going with Kansas 73 Duke 68. Michigan State 78 Kentucky 67.
OAD fatigue will do that to you, it has to me.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I like KU’s chances but you never know in these early games. Teams are so different in February/March than they are in November. These games are typically very sloppy.

I have no idea what to expect. I think MSU will look solid but the one and done teams have way more variance. Sometimes they come out looking dominant and other times behind schedule. A lot will change between tomorrow and March. I’m glad college basketball is back. Football season has been a disappointment.

I could swear I saw the line open at KU -4.5, now it's duke -2.5. That's a huge swing. I was hoping someone over here had a reason for the swing. Seems odd. I don't see how duke stays within 10 of KU in this game.

Too bad that team ain’t playing.

Too bad, indeed! One of the more entertaining teams in recent memory. Just wish they had one decent three-point shooter to stretch out the defense. I don't expect anything spectacular from the group this year, but there are several talented players and the shooting should be improved. The defense will be solid. So who knows? Maybe they'll surprise me.

I could swear I saw the line open at KU -4.5, now it's duke -2.5. That's a huge swing. I was hoping someone over here had a reason for the swing. Seems odd. I don't see how duke stays within 10 of KU in this game.

That is odd. All I can think is there are probably more people placing bets on Duke than Kansas.

That is odd. All I can think is there are probably more people placing bets on Duke than Kansas.
Yeah, but that would be a crazy amount of bets on duke and given the rosters, I find that hard to believe.
I mean, that's a huge swing. It's the type of swing you would see if the original favorite ended up suspending their entire starting 5. It's just odd.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Kansas and MSU

Think Kansas wins due to Dotson returning and their inside game now that they have everyone.

Hard to tell this early tho

They peaked in November anyway. Different team in March. :D

That Duke team did peak in November. As the season wore on they didn’t improve and got passed by many different teams.

In the end they weren’t even good enough to make the Final Four. They weren’t even the best team in their conference.

That Duke team did peak in November. As the season wore on they didn’t improve and got passed by many different teams.

In the end they weren’t even good enough to make the Final Four. They weren’t even the best team in their conference.

lol. Duke was 15-1 against ACC teams last year with Zion, including 3-0 against UVA and UNC.

CHAMPIONS CLASSIC ALL-TIME SCORING LEADERS
1. Frank Mason, Kansas- 57
2. Grayson Allen, Duke- 55
3. Keith Appling, Michigan State- 54
4. Perry Ellis, Kansas 53
5. Amile Jefferson, Duke 51
6. Denzel Valentine, Michigan State 47
6. Branden Dawson, Michigan State 47
8. Seth Curry, Duke 43 (2 years)
9. Alex Poythress, Kentucky 40
10. Gary Harris Michigan State, 38 (2 years)

Guys that should break into the top 10 after tomorrow night:
Udoka Azubuike, Kansas- 36
Cassius Winston, Michigan State- 25

IMO MSU has a big 3 of Winston, Henry, and Tilman which is about the best combo you will find of a guard, wing, and forward in cbb. The 2 and 4 spots are the question marks although the players we have starting there should be adequate.

What could have been if Langford was healthy and Hauser got his waiver...

IMO MSU has a big 3 of Winston, Henry, and Tilman which is about the best combo you will find of a guard, wing, and forward in cbb. The 2 and 4 spots are the question marks although the players we have starting there should be adequate.

What could have been if Langford was healthy and Hauser got his waiver...
The Hauser waiver still may happen

Yeah, that's what I had seen. KU -4.5.

It sounds like Isaiah Moss won't play, but that shouldn't cause a huge swing.

I don't understand NCAA waivers. Seems like just about everyone is getting approved. And then you have someone like Tennessee's Uros Plavsic, who didn't play a single game for Arizona State, get denied. Strange.
I was reading a Goodman tweet who said Calipari/UK had a big part in getting Baker and Green through, ie didn't fight it but encouraged it, apparently some schools are not willing to do so.

Cautiously optimistic but I think Kentucky's length could give us some problems.

Gotta stick with my alma mater in this one though: 73-69 good guys.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
ADVERTISEMENT