ADVERTISEMENT

***Champions Classic/Season Opener***

62hU.gif

Go to hell

So has Bill. Half the Duke roster turned him down.
Yep, a few in particular were supposed Kansas leans. I think Bill is ready for this as well. Honestly he has to be incredibly motivated this season..... not that he normally isn’t but this one has to be rather personal.

Yep, a few in particular were supposed Kansas leans. I think Bill is ready for this as well. Honestly he has to be incredibly motivated this season..... not that he normally isn’t but this one has to be rather personal.

He was quoted saying that he's motivated to do his best coaching this season.

Yes he did. And again he’s always motivated like any coach. This one is just a little bit more personal than just his normal ambitions.

Very few give 100% all day, every day in any profession. One can always do more.

KD visiting his favorite coach before the Champions Classic tips off tomorrow. He looks freaky tall compared to K. Still love this KD quote on K from a couple years ago:

"But once I got to play [for] him, I was like, 'Wow, I should have looked at Duke a little bit more than I did.' ... He literally told me one time, I think it was 2010 [at the Worlds in Turkey], he was like, 'Don't pass the ball.' And I was like, 'All right, cool, that's the way I want to play.'"

75513564_10157844949579456_3795283297475493888_o.jpg

Reactions: Quavarius
KD visiting his favorite coach before the Champions Classic tips off tomorrow. He looks freaky tall compared to K.

75513564_10157844949579456_3795283297475493888_o.jpg

Danny Devito would look freaky tall next to K. Kidding.

Any of you concerned about the NWM St game? According to one of my co-workers, they're Pitt State's #1 rival (the team that KU just played).

Danny Devito would look freaky tall next to K. Kidding.

Any of you concerned about the NWM St game? According to one of my co-workers, they're Pitt State's #1 rival (the team that KU just played).
They played much better in their second game. Obvious concerns are the unknowns that come with the turnover in rosters. I actually like the returning cast this year compared to the last couple. Clearly the new guys aren't on the level of Barrett and Williamson. But Hurt and Carey are a solid frontcourt. Will be interesting to see how they compete with your guys.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Small ball hasn't translated to the college game like it has the NBA. UK is going to struggle this year.

Reactions: kyjeff1
They played much better in their second game. Obvious concerns are the unknowns that come with the turnover in rosters. I actually like the returning cast this year compared to the last couple. Clearly the new guys aren't on the level of Barrett and Williamson. But Hurt and Carey are a solid frontcourt. Will be interesting to see how they compete with your guys.

I like KU's roster, but there are questions about the flow of the offense with both De Sousa and Azubuike on the court. Plus concerns about the 4 guarding the perimeter.

I don't like that Moss won't appear in this game. He's their most proven 3-pt shooter.

Reactions: KisteK
I can’t say I’m overly optimistic. I think Duke’s going to struggle without one clear offensive alpha. Not sure how much that means for tomorrow as someone can get hot in one game, but I don’t see a dominant offense player. It’s possible Hurt gets there.

I’d be surprised with a Duke win tomorrow.

I like KU's roster, but there are questions about the flow of the offense with both De Sousa and Azubuike on the court. Plus concerns about the 4 guarding the perimeter.

I don't like that Moss won't appear in this game. He's their most proven 3-pt shooter.

So far they haven't needed him, shooting 40% as a team and that's with Dotson ice cold from behind the arc

So far they haven't needed him, shooting 40% as a team and that's with Dotson ice cold from behind the arc

They looked great the other night, but Pitt St is beyond awful. Not surprising. Kim Anderson is their coach.

I'd expect outside shooting to be fine, but Moss is the only one who has proven that he can do it consistently. Aside from Dotson hitting the open three.

Not sure if it’s a hangover from last year, or just pessimism about UKs frontcourt in November and without Richards, but I don’t feel good about this one at all.

I’d parlay MSU & KU on ML.

Reactions: RipThru
I can’t say I’m overly optimistic. I think Duke’s going to struggle without one clear offensive alpha. Not sure how much that means for tomorrow as someone can get hot in one game, but I don’t see a dominant offense player. It’s possible Hurt gets there.

I’d be surprised with a Duke win tomorrow.
Holy shit it’s alive

Cautiously optimistic but I think Kentucky's length could give us some problems.

Gotta stick with my alma mater in this one though: 73-69 good guys.
Ah, it's not the length that getsya, it's the girth… or so I've heard.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Everything good man?
Yeah, all is good. It’s been a busy off-season with a lot of time traveling and limited time to post. For the record, I was never in a white-collar rehab in Scranton (Everybody knows someone with my looks would get probation AT MOST)

Reactions: JimboBBN
I really have no idea what to expect tomorrow night. I am taking Kansas but it will be a 1 or 2 possession game. I've watched both of KU's exhibition games and they didn't look bad. Tomorrow night will be a whole different deal and pace will be fast and furious. Looking forward to watching the Champions Classic tomorrow. Rock Chalk!!

Hopefully he means that he’s going to supervise Azubuike while he shoots 16,000 FTs/day.
RollLaugh

UK has some guys like that too, namely Whitney. Has a decent enough looking jumper and shoots a good enough percentage, but those free throws are ugly. He banked one in last exhibition game.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT