ADVERTISEMENT

Champions Classic Predictions

In fairness White was 6’5 and drafted very high. I don’t know what will happen but to assume Hagan’s can’t affect him is silly.
I’m not saying he won’t, but saying Hagans gave White fits therefore Cash will struggle with him is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Coby White was a Freshman playing in one of his first big games, and Cassius Winston is a Senior former All American and Big Ten POY who led his team to a Big Ten title and Final Four. Hagans is a great defender. Will he “clamp” Cassius up? I’ve seen other PG’s who are great defenders and haven’t been able to. We’ll see.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m not saying he won’t, but saying Hagans gave White fits therefore Cash will struggle with him is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Coby White was a Freshman playing in one of his first big games, and Cassius Winston is a Senior former All American and Big Ten POY who led his team to a Big Ten title and Final Four. Hagans is a great defender. Will he “clamp” Cassius up? I’ve seen other PG’s who are great defenders and haven’t been able to. We’ll see.

Didn’t say that at all. You acted like UK has nobody that can guard Winston and that simply isn’t true. Hagans is a good defender with decent size. He may get lit up, but if he does it will say more about Winston than it does Hagans.

Didn’t say that at all. You acted like UK has nobody that can guard Winston and that simply isn’t true. Hagans is a good defender with decent size. He may get lit up, but if he does it will say more about Winston than it does Hagans.
I think you’re mistaking me for some other posters on here who were talking about UK’s lack of size, which I don’t agree with. I was talking about how Cassius played very well against elite defenders before so Hagans being an elite defender concerns me less than if we had some other PG. That was all. Hagans is an Elite defender for sure.

The only thing Hagans can do is play defense. He’s not a threat on the offensive end and yes he gave Coby fits but after that game who was the better player?

Hagans probably made Coby better. Hagans was getting to the basket pretty good later in the season, besides everything ran through PJ. Maxey will remove a lot of scoring pressure from Hagans.

Hagans will be up for Winston defensively. Most of the offense will be run through Maxey this year. I imagine the dribble drive will be alive and well for the Cats this year.

With all that said, MSU should be the favorite.

Reactions: AWilli6995
ADVERTISEMENT