ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk a little bit about LSU?

Looks like they are going to be discussing and adding review on game ending baskets like the UK/LSU debacle. A shame we had to lose due to incompetent rules, but it seems like UK/LSU are headed for a SECT showdown anyway so you can be sure we're not going to be gentle about it. We'll make some t shirts that say "The Tip" too after we go in dry on em.
One of my favorite traditions. The custom tee shirt celebrating beating UK in a regular season game.

Looks like they are going to be discussing and adding review on game ending baskets like the UK/LSU debacle. A shame we had to lose due to incompetent rules, but it seems like UK/LSU are headed for a SECT showdown anyway so you can be sure we're not going to be gentle about it. We'll make some t shirts that say "The Tip" too after we go in dry on em.
UK lost the game way before that when they let LSU come back from a deficit and take a 5 point lead. The Tip play just happened to be at the end.

Also don't forget that the UK player stuck his arm through the goal while the shot was in the air that could have swayed the Refs call or no call.

UK lost the game way before that when they let LSU come back from a deficit and take a 5 point lead. The Tip play just happened to be at the end.

Also don't forget that the UK player stuck his arm through the goal while the shot was in the air that could have swayed the Refs call or no call.
EJs hand being through the basket at that point wasnt goaltending. Read the rules.

Reactions: kl40504
EJs hand being through the basket at that point wasnt goaltending. Read the rules.
Agree but it may have altered the refs decision to not call GT and his hand did hit the rim and moved it. Just saying but still not why they lost. LSU took it to them is why they lost.

9059789.png

EAST REGION
LSU has been one of the brightest surprises of the season, a fact we’ve known for at least a month. The Tigers didn’t put themselves into the running for the SEC regular season title, though, until beating Kentucky last week in Lexington. Thanks to Kentucky’s win over Tennessee on Saturday, the Tigers now have a clear path to the conference’s regular season championship. If they win out, which would include a win over Tennessee at home on Saturday, they’d be SEC regular season champs. The rest of their schedule includes what should be layups against Texas A&M and Vanderbilt at home, a road trip to Alabama and two games with Florida, the first of which is Wednesday in Baton Rouge.

Should that scenario come to fruition, how high could the Tigers climb in the field of 68? It would certainly matter what they do in the SEC tournament, but they’d likely have to win that, too, to be a No. 1 seed. We have to assume that Duke and Gonzaga are locked into the top line at this point. If LSU doesn’t win the conference tournament, it’s likely that Tennessee or Kentucky will, and a wash of conference championships would almost certainly have the Tigers behind at least one of their SEC rivals on the seed list. There’s also, of course, teams like Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State and North Carolina to consider. Should the Tigers not claim both SEC titles, it’s a guarantee that at least one, and possibly all, of those teams would rank ahead of them. Still, no matter where they’re seeded, the Tigers have made it clear that they are a legitimate Final Four contender.

(1) Duke vs. (16) St. Francis (PA)/Prairie View A&M
(8) Washington vs. (9) Baylor
(5) Kansas State vs. (12) Lipscomb
(4) Marquette vs. (13) Murray State
(6) Virginia Tech vs. (11) Minnesota
(3) LSU vs. (14) Texas State
(7) Cincinnati vs. (10) Seton Hall
(2) Michigan vs. (15) Montana

Reactions: Tigerocker
9059789.png

EAST REGION
LSU has been one of the brightest surprises of the season, a fact we’ve known for at least a month. The Tigers didn’t put themselves into the running for the SEC regular season title, though, until beating Kentucky last week in Lexington. Thanks to Kentucky’s win over Tennessee on Saturday, the Tigers now have a clear path to the conference’s regular season championship. If they win out, which would include a win over Tennessee at home on Saturday, they’d be SEC regular season champs. The rest of their schedule includes what should be layups against Texas A&M and Vanderbilt at home, a road trip to Alabama and two games with Florida, the first of which is Wednesday in Baton Rouge.

Should that scenario come to fruition, how high could the Tigers climb in the field of 68? It would certainly matter what they do in the SEC tournament, but they’d likely have to win that, too, to be a No. 1 seed. We have to assume that Duke and Gonzaga are locked into the top line at this point. If LSU doesn’t win the conference tournament, it’s likely that Tennessee or Kentucky will, and a wash of conference championships would almost certainly have the Tigers behind at least one of their SEC rivals on the seed list. There’s also, of course, teams like Virginia, Michigan, Michigan State and North Carolina to consider. Should the Tigers not claim both SEC titles, it’s a guarantee that at least one, and possibly all, of those teams would rank ahead of them. Still, no matter where they’re seeded, the Tigers have made it clear that they are a legitimate Final Four contender.

(1) Duke vs. (16) St. Francis (PA)/Prairie View A&M
(8) Washington vs. (9) Baylor
(5) Kansas State vs. (12) Lipscomb
(4) Marquette vs. (13) Murray State
(6) Virginia Tech vs. (11) Minnesota
(3) LSU vs. (14) Texas State
(7) Cincinnati vs. (10) Seton Hall
(2) Michigan vs. (15) Montana
Almost certain they put us in the same bracket as Duke. Realize you have to beat them all but the only team I really fear is Duke.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
They suck
They played horrible last night. Waters looked like a Fr. and the rest missed shots and wide open layups and put backs. Ball was bouncing UF way and they kept getting offensive rebounds. Game over.

They played horrible last night. Waters looked like a Fr. and the rest missed shots and wide open layups and put backs. Ball was bouncing UF way and they kept getting offensive rebounds. Game over.
The free throws wouldn’t go down last night. So frustrating when you can’t capitalize on the gimmes.

This argument is clearly started by cry baby fans that choose to blame losses on BS things. The play was legal and LSU won a tight battle against a very good UK team.
Does blaming refs fall into this category?

Reactions: C*A*T*S
After watching Florida last Saturday, I thought they might be able to pull this upset.

Now LSU is in a bit of trouble. They get UT on Saturday and still have to go to Florida.

Saturday's games just got a lot more interesting.

After watching Florida last Saturday, I thought they might be able to pull this upset.

Now LSU is in a bit of trouble. They get UT on Saturday and still have to go to Florida.

Saturday's games just got a lot more interesting.
True this gives UT and UK breathing room.

It does tighten up the race however if AU beats UK and LSU beats UT we are pretty much back to where we were before. If UT wins Sat it puts LSU in a pretty bad spot especially if UK rolls AU.

It does tighten up the race however if AU beats UK and LSU beats UT we are pretty much back to where we were before. If UT wins Sat it puts LSU in a pretty bad spot especially if UK rolls AU.
Regardless of what happens, LSU is having a great season.

Reactions: rdgtr and kl40504
Agree but it may have altered the refs decision to not call GT and his hand did hit the rim and moved it. Just saying but still not why they lost. LSU took it to them is why they lost.
What happened to LSU last night

Auburn is looking really good right now and UK is down a starter, so it could get interesting.

One thing is for sure, the way Auburn is playing right now, I wouldn't want to play them at their place.

Looking at Tennessee's schedule tells me they've got at least 2 more losses coming.

UT does not need breathing room.
Everyone likes breathing room. LSU had the easiest schedule of the 3 of us.
You never know when a shoe will fail and your best player is out.

Reactions: kl40504
What happened to LSU last night
UF had a better game plan than LSU and used lack of size to generate turnovers. The ball was bouncing their way however they created that by putting LSU out of position. Waters had a bad night shooting and they missed layups and free throws.

LSU tried to match their lineup using a 3 guard lineup of Waters,Smart and Mayes but UF was just better and played lights out and made their 3's in OT to seal the deal.

Reactions: rdgtr and kl40504

Jevonta Stupid is really pissing me off. I'm no longer giving him a pass for his steady stream of idiotic decisions just because he is a freshman. He needs to get his head out of his ass and stop playing like an idiot. On one of his plays I started screaming NO at the TV repeatedly 20 seconds before he even committed the eventual turnover that was obviously going to happen.

Tremont was shit, that's a few games lately where he's been terrible.

Lots of people riding LSU's jock after the KY game, but what those people don't realize is that this is a team that has played poorly now in 5 of their last 8 games despite being 6-2 in that span.

Jevonta Stupid is really pissing me off. I'm no longer giving him a pass for his steady stream of idiotic decisions just because he is a freshman. He needs to get his head out of his ass and stop playing like an idiot. On one of his plays I started screaming NO at the TV repeatedly 20 seconds before he even committed the eventual turnover that was obviously going to happen.

Tremont was shit, that's a few games lately where he's been terrible.

Lots of people riding LSU's jock after the KY game, but what those people don't realize is that this is a team that has played poorly now in 5 of their last 8 games despite being 6-2 in that span.
Can't agree more. Starting to cringe when Smart gets the ball and starts all the zig zagging crap. He's a decent shooter sometimes and can drive to the goal at times. I just don't understand how he can't tell when the lane is clogged with defenders that he isn't going to get a shot off over those guys and takes it right at them.

They are a strange playing team. One day they look like crap then can come back and look like world beaters. WW gave Tremont an ear full after that poor shot to end regulation.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Can't agree more. Starting to cringe when Smart gets the ball and starts all the zig zagging crap. He's a decent shooter sometimes and can drive to the goal at times. I just don't understand how he can't tell when the lane is clogged with defenders that he isn't going to get a shot off over those guys and takes it right at them.

They are a strange playing team. One day they look like crap then can come back and look like world beaters. WW gave Tremont an ear full after that poor shot to end regulation.

agree completely. I like Stupid taking a catch and shoot 3. I liked some of his drives last night when there was only 1 defender in the lane and he finished with a layup and a couple floaters. But, when he starts pounding the ball into the ground at the top of the key and then calls over a screen that he ignores so he can drive into a lane full of bodies I get really upset. he also has some really careless unforced turnovers on a daily basis.

I don't like when they play Tremont off the ball. He should have the ball in his hand on every possession and they should be running a lot more PnR with him and the big guys.

I also didn't like the passive way they dealt with the press last night. You've got one of the best ball handling guards in the country, let him break it on his own and try and turn the game into a track meet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT