ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari Addresses Recruiting Trend

You don’t need to worry about what I’d get.
Oh-no-you-didnt-GIF.gif

Maybe this is why.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...ments-on-jarred-vanderbilt-most-puzzling-yet/

The problem with being injured if you’re on my teams is, I really spend no time with you. Sometimes — I’m going to say this out loud — I forget names. I even forget who he is because I have to focus on the guys that I’m coaching now. They’ve got to be healthy and ready to go. Jarred has to be the same.
The kid felt pressure to play, now he's going to have surgery for a different injury? PLAYERS FIRST MY ASS!!!!

What'd you guys expect. Cal is the excuse machine. He blames youth way too much when that's his own doing and something that can be changed. Im sure you'll see 3-5 or more leave this year whether they are ready or not. That's what he sells the program on. Seems to me like he should've not come out publicly and said something about it. Makes him look like he's conceded and/or reaching for something that's not there. Some Uk fans are tired of his system. And TBH, it's only gonna get worse with him not being able to get the top dogs.

Knox, Diallo, Alexander, Vanderbilt - Gone
Gabriel - Wanted to leave last year so probably gone
Washington 50/50 - Sees an opportunity, probably gone

You've got to remember that he has sold Uk's program as a players first, draft night program. These kids may not be showing it on the court, but all were very highly rated. So they see themselves leaving after 1-2 years bc that's what Cal sold them on, whether they look like they should leave or not.

Just like Humphries leaving last year. If he had stayed he wouldnt see the court at all, but SHOULD he? He'd probably be their best big man right now. But, with Cal's system, he saw that no matter what, Richards, Washington, whoever would get most of the minutes solely because of potential.

And until he sells a different pitch, that's not going to change. Some thought Briscoe, Humphries, whoever would stay another year. They don't see themselves doing that and they never did because of the recruiting pitch. It's the same with these kids this year. Any Uk player who has potential is probably gone.

Since a Uk fan just liked this, I'm close to spot on

ADVERTISEMENT