ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen enrolls at South Carolina

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
No surprise there. Was granted a full release from Louisville of course. Wasnt SC also involved in FBI situation?

Will try and seek reinstatement from NCAA

No surprise there. Was granted a full release from Louisville of course. Wasnt SC also involved in FBI situation?

Will try and seek reinstatement from NCAA
"No individual from South Carolina has been charged, and the university is mentioned only in connection with Evans." (Lamont Evans from Oklahoma State and prior assistant at South Carolina).
"South Carolina head coach Frank Martin said his university is not being investigated."

"No individual from South Carolina has been charged, and the university is mentioned only in connection with Evans." (Lamont Evans from Oklahoma State and prior assistant at South Carolina).
"South Carolina head coach Frank Martin said his university is not being investigated."

Same situation for us.

That's why I say this,

IF he is eligible, then that basically sums it up that nothing is going to happen to us in the future over this. I didnt ever think anything would happen anyways.

Same situation for us.

That's why I say this,

IF he is eligible, then that basically sums it up that nothing is going to happen to us in the future over this. I didnt ever think anything would happen anyways.
You sure about that?
From the Courier Journal on Dec 21 - In the original complaint, the FBI said it recorded an unnamed Louisville assistant coach – identified as Coach 1 – conspiring with a sports agent and others about funneling money to a recruit’s family.

Courier Journal has identified former men's basketball coach Rick Pitino as the other Louisville coach — dubbed "Coach 2" — in the federal complaint. That coach is alleged to have spoken with James Gatto, an Adidas executive, on the phone about funneling money to a recruit.

One prospect caught in the scandal was Brian Bowen, a five-star recruit who signed with Louisville. Bowen, who has since been released from the Louisville basketball team, was suspended from the team indefinitely following the allegations. Another prospect, labeled Player 11 in the FBI's complaint, was another top-10 player also competing on Brad Augustine's AAU team.

You sure about that?
From the Courier Journal on Dec 21 - In the original complaint, the FBI said it recorded an unnamed Louisville assistant coach – identified as Coach 1 – conspiring with a sports agent and others about funneling money to a recruit’s family.

Courier Journal has identified former men's basketball coach Rick Pitino as the other Louisville coach — dubbed "Coach 2" — in the federal complaint. That coach is alleged to have spoken with James Gatto, an Adidas executive, on the phone about funneling money to a recruit.

One prospect caught in the scandal was Brian Bowen, a five-star recruit who signed with Louisville. Bowen, who has since been released from the Louisville basketball team, was suspended from the team indefinitely following the allegations. Another prospect, labeled Player 11 in the FBI's complaint, was another top-10 player also competing on Brad Augustine's AAU team.

No one was arrested or charged?

I was the second to respomd ITT

Also it's only a matter of time before Simons commits to Carolina.

Took a year off bit Carolina will be back with a vengeance next season. Kentucky on high alert.

SmokinSmile
The same Simons who decommitted from UL? USC is benefiting from UL's mess up.

Looks like they both will get to lose to UK after all.

What does that have to do with the NCAA?

If Bowen is eligible I see no reason why Louisville should get in trouble over this. Especially with all of the actions we've taken. And I meant that no one from SC was charged.

If Bowen is eligible I see no reason why Louisville should get in trouble over this. Especially with all of the actions we've taken. And I meant that no one from SC was charged.
Charges mean nothing as far as the NCAA is concerned, that is an FBI thing. Nobody from SC was charged because nothing was revealed (at least so far) that Evans did anything while he was at SC. He was arrested for what was uncovered during his tenure at OSU. You really see no reason Louisville should get in trouble over paying for players? :eek:

Reactions: RonEJones
His story is that he didn’t know that his dad was taking payments. The NCAA could decide that they believe him (ala Cam Newton) and let him play while still slapping Louisville with harsh penalties.

Charges mean nothing as far as the NCAA is concerned, that is an FBI thing. Nobody from SC was charged because nothing was revealed (at least so far) that Evans did anything while he was at SC. He was arrested for what was uncovered during his tenure at OSU. You really see no reason Louisville should get in trouble over paying for players? :eek:

I mean the FBI said the school's are innocent because it's the shoe companies doing it. And no. Im not saying that at all. Im saying for every action we took, that should be enough. If we did nothing, then yes, obviously we'd be punished. And the NCAA has to conduct their own investigation. Pretty certain they cannot use the FBI investigation. So may I ask, how are they going to do anything ELSE than what we've done to ourselves. We got rid of the turmoil.

His story is that he didn’t know that his dad was taking payments. The NCAA could decide that they believe him (ala Cam Newton) and let him play while still slapping Louisville with harsh penalties.

For what? Adidas paying the players?

In cooperation with an assistant coach and perhaps the head coach

Something we'll never know. Im just saying with every action the University took, Im saying nothing else will happen. Now if no one was fired. Sure.

Something we'll never know. Im just saying with every action the University took, Im saying nothing else will happen. Now if no one was fired. Sure.
I have no opinion on what will happen, but NCAA could definitely smack down Louisville, and would have every right to.

I mean the FBI said the school's are innocent because it's the shoe companies doing it. And no. Im not saying that at all. Im saying for every action we took, that should be enough. If we did nothing, then yes, obviously we'd be punished. And the NCAA has to conduct their own investigation. Pretty certain they cannot use the FBI info. So may I ask, are they going to invent time travel?
The things that happened where the assistants were arrested is not the same as what went down at Louisville. Those are 2 completely different schemes. Those assistant coaches were arrested because they were getting paid by advisors, agents, apparel companies, etc to funnel players to the advisors, agents, companies, etc. They were arrested on federal charges of bribery, wire fraud, conspiracy, etc.

The things that happened where the assistants were arrested is not the same as what went down at Louisville. Those are 2 completely different schemes. Those assistant coaches were arrested because they were getting paid by advisors, agents, apparel companies, etc to funnel players to the advisors, agents, companies, etc. They were arrested on federal charges of bribery, wire fraud, conspiracy, etc.
You should just give up on explaining the way these things work to some people, they want to bury their heads in the sand. Remember when the FBI announced that Bowen was cleared from their investigation and a ton of UL fans got excited thinking he was going to suit it up for the Cards?

For what? Adidas paying the players?
In cooperation with an assistant coach and perhaps the head coach
Bruh.... as I have already posted.

You should just give up on explaining the way these things work to some people, they want to bury their heads in the sand. Remember when the FBI announced that Bowen was cleared from their investigation and a ton of UL fans got excited thinking he was going to suit it up for the Cards?

That was our decision. We never took it to the NCAA because that'd be dumb to. We did the best thing we could. Got rid of Porcini, Jurich, assistants, and everyone involved. Now THEY might get in trouble like Fair or something. But I will be surprised if they hurt the university even more. We'll know whether they like Louisville next week if the banner stays. Now I know we or they cant use this FBI case towards it the verdict next week. However, if there is ever a new investigation open up by the NCAA, I can see the UNC scenario. Especially if, which I dont think they can, use the FBI's information that was gathered. AND with what Louisville already did to themselves.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That was our decision. We never took it to the NCAA because that'd be dumb to. We did the best thing we could. Got rid of Porcini, Jurich, assistants, and everyone involved. Now THEY might get in trouble like Fair or something. But I will be surprised if they hurt the university even more. We'll know whether they like Louisville next week if the banner stays. Now I know we or they cant use this FBI case towards it the verdict next week. However, if there is ever a new investigation open up by the NCAA, I can see the UNC scenario. Especially if, which I dont think they can, use the FBI's information that was gathered. AND with what Louisville already did to themselves.
I mean, you can hope I guess. Stranger things have happened, but the rest of us see a University that had scandal after scandal and didn't make a single move to act until the FBI got involved. I wouldn't hold my breathe for leniency.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I mean, you can hope I guess. Stranger things have happened, but the rest of us see a University that had scandal after scandal and didn't make a single move to act until the FBI got involved. I wouldn't hold my breathe for leniency.

Wrong. This is a completely new board AND President that took action on their first situation. The old board didnt do a single thing because they were all friends. No one seems to know that either. This BOT actual cares about what the University looks like rather than themselves. And by the UNC scenario, meaning, everyone knows what happened, just nothing happened to the school. And I think with everyone being fired, new BOT, new AD, new HC, new everything, it will be enough. Not out of the picture.

Wrong. This is a completely new board AND President that took action on their first situation. The old board didnt do a single thing because they were all friends. No one seems to know that either. This BOT actual cares about what the University looks like rather than themselves. And by the UNC scenario, meaning, everyone knows what happened, just nothing happened to the school. And I think with everyone being fired, new BOT, new AD, new HC, new everything, it will be enough. Not out of the picture.
But what does any of that have to do with vacating wins and banners? That was for an entirely different scandal.

Are you saying just grab some random student and get him some money, all is good with the NCAA?o_O

You all are so incompetent. NO. I'm saying that EVERYONE knew UNC did something, and the NCAA said "it's okay, we couldnt find evidence."

IF THEY CANT USE THE FBI INFO, How will they get evidence? Louisville did everything to get the turmoil out. Im expecting the NCAA to say "Thanks for firing everyone. You all did enough." That's all I'm saying but you guys blow it way out of proportion and act like Im talking about something completely different.

You all are so incompetent. NO. I'm saying that EVERYONE knew UNC did something, and the NCAA said "it's okay, we couldnt find evidence."

IF THEY CANT USE THE FBI INFO, How will they get evidence? Louisville did everything to get the turmoil out. Im expecting the NCAA to say "Thanks for firing everyone. You all did enough." That's all I'm saying but you guys blow it way out of proportion and act like Im talking about something completely different.
NCAA said that since the classes were open to regular students as well, it wasn’t a special benefit strictly for athletes. It wasn’t about evidence.

I mean the FBI said the school's are innocent because it's the shoe companies doing it. And no. Im not saying that at all. Im saying for every action we took, that should be enough. If we did nothing, then yes, obviously we'd be punished. And the NCAA has to conduct their own investigation. Pretty certain they cannot use the FBI investigation. So may I ask, how are they going to do anything ELSE than what we've done to ourselves. We got rid of the turmoil.
they absolutely will use the FBI evidence in their investigation

UL is going to get the hammer on pay-to-play
just because they fired the ones involved like almost every school that has gotten into trouble has, will have a little bearing on the punishment but not a whole lot

as for the banners coming down, i see no way they stay up
but stranger things have happened (UNC)

Apparently. You are saying since they cleaned house (not until after another huge scandal took place) it's like they never played ineligible players?

Different board. New board took action. That's still missed.

ADVERTISEMENT