ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Knight Returns to IU

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Has everyone on his wish list gone ahead and graciously died? That place will come unhinged if he walks in.

tenor.gif

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/bob-knight-returns-to-indiana-saturday

@boilerzz , @pig1960 , @HoosierstuckinIowa, @BoilerExpress, @CardinalBoiler, @indy35

Last edited:
There is a long list of unfortunate moments packed inside of his lifetime, but that quote is definitely towards the top of that list.

But yes, him walking through the doors will end up being the loudest moment that building’s ever heard!

There is a long list of unfortunate moments packed inside of his lifetime, but that quote is definitely towards the top of that list.

But yes, him walking through the doors will end up being the loudest moment that building’s ever heard!
I really thought this would be bigger news on the board. Maybe there’s just a lot of really young posters here?

Im sorry, but abusing players isnt something Time should heal when the guy himself never tried to make amends for it.
Why do his former players seem to love him? Today’s soft, everyone gets a trophy society is laughable. I didn’t like Knight, but his teams were tough minded like him. Good for him and the IU fans for him participating today.

Damn, did anybody see what happened when Dicky V tried to hug Knight? I thought he was gonna knock Dicky V out and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t joking!!! It’s on Twitter if anyone can link it in here!!!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
For those that don't know, Knight has pretty severe dementia or Alzheimers. Was nice to see him make it back to Indiana before he is gone.

Edit: Or at least that's what has been said around Tech circles. For all his faults, he was a great coach and helped a lot of young men. He shouldn't only be remembered for his short comings.

I really thought this would be bigger news on the board. Maybe there’s just a lot of really young posters here?
Possible. To me, not that big of a deal. I loved Knight, but Knight was the making of his own demise. Never seemed to want to accept in responsibility. But, well, one can see why. IU let him do what he wanted-----until the FF's and title's went away. I blame both for how his tenure ended at Indiana. But I only blame Knight for the 20 year absence. To me, it was great to see him back at AH. Just not that big of a deal.

I spoke with two former IU players today...And well, I mean, one didn't speak well of Knight.

Damn, did anybody see what happened when Dicky V tried to hug Knight? I thought he was gonna knock Dicky V out and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t joking!!! It’s on Twitter if anyone can link it in here!!!
He is going to be a real joy to change his diapers when he’s in a home. I can imagine him throwing his own feces at a poor nurses aide.

While I never liked Bobby Knight I miss and appreciate the rivalry UK/IU, Pitino/Knight had in the 90’s. Those was some of the most fun years of being a UK fan that I’ve had and I wish him nothing but the best. Hate to see him in that shape. At the end of the day sports are just sports and life is life. Glad to see Coach Knight and IU patch things up before it was to late.

Why do his former players seem to love him? Today’s soft, everyone gets a trophy society is laughable. I didn’t like Knight, but his teams were tough minded like him. Good for him and the IU fans for him participating today.

Even if 98% of his players love him... the 2% he abused makes him awful.

For those that don't know, Knight has pretty severe dementia or Alzheimers. Was nice to see him make it back to Indiana before he is gone.

Edit: Or at least that's what has been said around Tech circles. For all his faults, he was a great coach and helped a lot of young men. He shouldn't only be remembered for his short comings.

he seems pretty active for someone with it then.. he had a Q and A thing last year in Indiana and was totally normal

he seems pretty active for someone with it then.. he had a Q and A thing last year in Indiana and was totally normal

It’s gotten a lot worse since then. He used to pheasant hunt on our land but he just came out and rode around. He wasn’t real sure what was going on.

Reactions: pisgah101
Possible. To me, not that big of a deal. I loved Knight, but Knight was the making of his own demise. Never seemed to want to accept in responsibility. But, well, one can see why. IU let him do what he wanted-----until the FF's and title's went away. I blame both for how his tenure ended at Indiana. But I only blame Knight for the 20 year absence. To me, it was great to see him back at AH. Just not that big of a deal.

I spoke with two former IU players today...And well, I mean, one didn't speak well of Knight.

Yep. It goes both ways. I know of one that loves him (Guyton) and one that loathes him (Recker). Saying that, Recker is cool af and Guyton is a tool.

Yep. It goes both ways. I know of one that loves him (Guyton) and one that loathes him (Recker). Saying that, Recker is cool af and Guyton is a tool.

Luke Recker? Dude is one of the whiniest high school basketball players in state history. He acted like Grayson Allen when he played.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Luke Recker? Dude is one of the whiniest high school basketball players in state history. He acted like Grayson Allen when he played.
Lol. Not talking about his actions on the court. Sounds like he was just before his time in that respect though. ;)

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Recker? Really? AJ is one of the nicest dudes I have ever met. Recker on the other hand whined as much as any kid I've ever seen.

With that being said, I spoke in depth with two former IU guys yesterday. As you said---it goes both ways.

You don't understand how this disease works. It gets worse. And worse. Look at Pat Suimmit---Right? This disease slowly eats your life away. Look at Knight from last year.

Now look at him.

Think he could do a Q and A, as he did this time last year?

People saying it was a joke just aren’t willing to face an uncomfortable reality of a terrible disease.
Yeah, this. I don't think it was a joke. I think it was a man(Knight) not understanding. Its how it is with my wifes dad. He had a stroke. Nowhere near the person he was. His reaction to things now, are not what they were before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT