ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Huggins says he never retired, demands reinstatement?

Necessary Roughness

Sep 14, 2012

Oh, Bob you crazy old drunk!

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

WVU screwed something up along the way and his lawyer found it. Definitely a play for money without a doubt.

WVU screwed something up along the way and his lawyer found it. Definitely a play for money without a doubt.

His actual "resignation" was an unsigned email reply from his wife's email.

Whole thing is a joke.

It would make a little more sense if it hadnt been 3 weeks already.

Also sounds like DUI charges are being dropped. Not sure if that somehow changes things in his mind.

Whole thing is a joke.

Also sounds like DUI charges are being dropped. Not sure if that somehow changes things in his mind.
I’d love to know the justification for dropping the charges for this fat ****’s third offense.

Whole thing is a joke.

I think that I read his contract required a resignation letter to be handed to WVU in person by Hugs himself or via certified mail. Nothing else is valid. No one seems to be disputing that WVU took the email from his wife as his formal letter of resignation. Contractually he could walk through the athletic department screaming “I resign” at the top of his lungs for a week and it wouldn’t count as a resignation.

If he doesn’t have a valid resignation and they haven’t fired him, he’s technically owed 3 weeks worth of salary and counting. It’s something like 9k/day. My guess is that they shore everything up quietly. He agrees to resign, submits a resignation letter that’s backdated, they pay him some cash and everyone walks away (relatively) happy. There’s no way he’s coaching WVU again and I don’t think he actually wants to sue.

My guess is that he was submitting some retirement paperwork or changing his medical insurance or something and it was pointed out that he’s still employed by WVU.

Reactions: IUBtown
Not sure if serious.
Huggins or me? From the outside looking in, the guy has a problem with alcohol. The only thing that will prevent him from having trouble in the future is never to drink again. Taking a class is not going to resolve that.

ADVERTISEMENT