ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas and Calipari Disagree

What the hell does that have to do with these threads? They have roughly the same number of posts.

Admit it...one fanbase comes across as very neutral and respectful, while the other comes off as extremely bitter and disrespectful.
Yup, you come across reeeaaaal respectful like.

You're going to need to understand sarcasm to fully understand what I just said.

Again, you have proven my point, you are rustled by UK fans that do the same things you do.

Some might say, you're a hypocrite.

I've posted on RR's for years...Never been banned. Look, go to any rival homebaord, and you are gonna catch shit. IU, Purdue, UK, Duke, UNC, etc, etc...Doesn't matter. IU's home board has some absolute idiots. Premium and free. RR's is no different----Well, yeah it is---SOme. I mean there are some dudes on there that are, well....lets say they need some help. But anyways...I've had some really good discussions on there. And when the not so stable members come a calling---I just ignore them. Makes for such a better time.
Good post, but you misspelled "Purdon't".

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It's pretty easy to not get banned on homeboards. I'm only banned from one board. I briefly posted on UL's board and @Steelers2012 sent me a PM giving me a warning, and I responded to the PM with something along the lines of "GFY" and boom banned. I haven't checked in a while but I'm pretty sure I can still post on IU's, KU's (never been there), Duke's and UNC's.

...but when you're ate up with hate. Yeah, that doesn't fly very well. No one is going to let someone post constant nonsense.
You actually may be banned from the Tarheel radar, even though you have never been there.

They have very talented mods.

You actually may be banned from the Tarheel radar, even though you have never been there.

They have very talented mods.
Just checked, nope. I can still post there. Not being an ass and showing respect on a rivals board goes a long ways.

With that said, @MrBaracus never posted here prior to getting banned at RR. He needs an outlet to complain about how UK fans get to him.

Just checked, nope. I can still post there. Not being an ass goes a long ways.
Been years since I visited, but many have said that they were banned even though they had never visited before. Hard to believe, but when multiple people say it, there has to be some truth to it.

Been years since I visited, but many have said that they were banned even though they had never visited before. Hard to believe, but when multiple people say it, there has to be some truth to it.
IIRC they used to have a very sensitive mod. He'd edit ppl post after they were banned. When something happens w/ UNC, I'll venture over and read their board. He doesn't appear to post as much.

Mods make or break a forum. Editing and quick trigger to ban is the worst quality of a mod IMO. Reason #28 the mods here are the best on rivals.

To put it more succinctly, Mods are like refs. The more you don't notice them, the better.

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to not get banned on homeboards. I'm only banned from one board. I briefly posted on UL's board and @Steelers2012 sent me a PM giving me a warning, and I responded to the PM with something along the lines of "GFY" and boom banned. I haven't checked in a while but I'm pretty sure I can still post on IU's, KU's (never been there), Duke's and UNC's.

...but when you're ate up with hate. Yeah, that doesn't fly very well. No one is going to let someone post constant nonsense.
True story. Good times. Winking

True story. Good times. Winking
But Zipp still posts over there at will. That guy is killing your board.

You should contact a mod about that guy. Most of the regulars on there hate him.

He's quality entertainment for us though.

Yup, you come across reeeaaaal respectful like.

You're going to need to understand sarcasm to fully understand what I just said.

Again, you have proven my point, you are rustled by UK fans that do the same things you do.

Some might say, you're a hypocrite.

The hypocrite hat might fit you too, considering you've taken numerous shots at the B12, often make passive aggressive comments about KU/Self, and love to troll Tennessee.

Again...my approach is a direct response to the behavior of Kentucky fans online. Those threads are a good representation of the two fanbases.

I'm not the type to kiss the asses of people who show zero respect and hate on anything and everything that isn't their own. Chicken and the egg.

@Nooneputsbabyinacorner and a couple of other KU fans have been posting over there for years. How have they managed to do that, but you couldn't?

As far as I can tell, he's managed to last by bending over while they take turns drilling him one by one on a daily basis. Not my thing.

The fact that you only see about two KU fans there proves my point. I'll bet the ban total is staggering.

The mods there are more trigger-happy than any other board I've seen, and plenty of people would back me up.

Your entire fanbase is "ate up with hate" for anyone and everyone.

Oh, but you disown Rafters, right? Your get out of jail free card.

It's likely a pretty good representation of your fanbase, considering 9 million people post there daily. And I can't speak for you, but Jeff and many others from here post there regularly.

It's likely a pretty good representation of your fanbase, considering 9 million people post there daily. And I can't speak for you, but Jeff and many others from here post there regularly.
I've noticed you're a big fan of hyperbole.

Have you ever tried just being straight up?

Reactions: kyjeff1

I am currently not banned on any board. For years I was banned on Nuttin'ButNet, but they changed formats and I got back on. I mainly read there as one of the mods has a quick trigger.

I rarely ever go to another board outside Cats Illustrated and this board.

I was banned here once. I corresponded with Cats Illustrated and told them I would not continue my premium membership if I could not post on the National Board. My ban was lifted.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

MrBaracus, you need to take message boards a little lighter.

I am a life long UK fan and I am not ate up with hate, in fact I don't hate anyone or any basketball program.

Lurker does not post on RR or Cats Illustrated at all. I don't post on RR more than once a year. However, Jeff can post anywhere he damned well chooses. Why does it matter to you?

Ease up dude before you have a stroke.

I am a life long UK fan and I am not ate up with hate, in fact I don't hate anyone or any basketball program.

Lurker does not post on RR or Cats Illustrated at all. I don't post on RR more than once a year. However, Jeff can post anywhere he damned well chooses. Why does it matter to you?

It's great so many UK fans are giving him outs. We appreciate his college basketball knowledge and want him to add to the conversations instead of taking away.Eventually, hopefully, he'll realize he's not insulting/getting to anyone and will start to add to conversations in a positive manner. My favorite aspect of this board is how fans of different teams come together and mock each other in a witty way.

Any numb skull can c/p the same drivel over and over.

Trust me...I take it pretty lightly. You'll notice that these ridiculous exchanges always start with these two feeling compelled to police my actions. I'm just giving context.

Oh, and 95% relate to Kentucky?

Have you ever tried being straight up?
my bad, I'm sure you won't focus on UK as much going forward.

*giving benefit of doubt*

..and I won't screenshot your post history.

Right now you're such an easy target, I feel guilty targeting you. ....but I'm a big softy.

Reactions: kyjeff1
my bad, I'm sure you won't focus on UK as much going forward.

*giving benefit of doubt*

..and I won't screenshot your post history.

Right now you're such an easy target, I feel guilty targeting you. ....but I'm a big softy.

Yeah, well...you have to use common sense. How many posts have I made in this thread regarding the topic, and how many have been spent dancing in circles with you clowns?

Most Kentucky threads I've posted in follow a similar pattern.

If my approach offends your delicate sensibilities, you should start policing your own goons that bring their idiotic Rafters schtick over here.

Yeah, well...you have to use common sense. How many posts have I made in this thread regarding the topic, and how many have been spent dancing in circles with you clowns?

Most Kentucky threads I've posted in follow a similar pattern.

If my approach offends your delicate sensibilities, you should start policing your own goons that bring their idiotic Rafters schtick over here.
MrBaracus, Lurker is a friend of mine and there is little chance that you will hurt his delicate little soul.

Worry less about Lurker.

I don't worry. I wish he and a few others would worry less about me.

Or "smirk" less...y'know, whatever he wants to label it.
Sorry guy, I'm a pretty happy person and laugh/smirk at everything I find funny. It's much better than constantly complaining. I guess it's just boils down to general attitude to message boards, sports and life in general.

Speaking of which, my sister-in-law's sister is constanlty shiting on everything. I try to avoid her while visiting home. We just don't mesh. She seems so miserable all the time.

Last edited:
Sorry guy, I'm a pretty happy person and laugh/smirk at everything I find funny. It's much better than constantly complaining. I guess it's just boils down to general attitude to message boards, sports and life in general.

Well, you would think that would include the ability to laugh at yourself and your fanbase/coach/etc, but you seem unable to do this.

The hypocrite hat might fit you too, considering you've taken numerous shots at the B12, often make passive aggressive comments about KU/Self, and love to troll Tennessee.

Again...my approach is a direct response to the behavior of Kentucky fans online. Those threads are a good representation of the two fanbases.

I'm not the type to kiss the asses of people who show zero respect and hate on anything and everything that isn't their own. Chicken and the egg.
What did I say about the BIG12 that was untrue?

Ask @della, she'll tell you herself, our discussions are more fun than anything and always end respectively. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Seems like you're deflecting.

As far as I can tell, he's managed to last by bending over while they take turns drilling him one by one on a daily basis. Not my thing.

The fact that you only see about two KU fans there proves my point. I'll bet the ban total is staggering.

The mods there are more trigger-happy than any other board I've seen, and plenty of people would back me up.
Welcome to a rival fan visiting someone elses home board. Derp. WTF do you think happens in that situation? You should see what happens when a UK fan dares post on a UL board.

Come on man, grow up.

What did I say about the BIG12 that was untrue?

Ask @della, she'll tell you herself, our discussions are more fun than anything and always end respectively. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Seems like you're deflecting.

She might say that. If so, that's because she's got thicker skin than you. You clearly can't take what you dish.

I could play that card too. "What have I said that's untrue?"

As for the B12...you've said a lot that's untrue actually, by any reasonable standard. You've called it a "god awful" conference, despite it being rated highly by national analysts and computers. #1 several times, in fact. You've also claimed that several other schools could have matched KU's streak--false. And you've claimed that the SEC has been far better in the tourney historically, yet they have fewer all-time tourney wins.

Need more?

Last edited:
Welcome to a rival fan visiting someone elses home board. Derp. WTF do you think happens in that situation? You should see what happens when a UK fan dares post on a UL board.

Come on man, grow up.

LOL. First you disagree with me about the mods being trigger-happy; now it's "what would you expect?"

I can guarantee you that Kentucky fans aren't banned for frivolous or nonexistent reasons on the KU boards.

It's not like this an uncommon take. I've seen about 100 complaints on this board and others.

There's a dude I could never figure out what happened to. Also James Young. Loads of talent, but seems like they didn't take it with them when they left for the league. What's with some of these athletes today?
Their weakness get exploited in the NBA. Monk, nor YOung, IMO could guard a chair. Neither were good on the boards...Again, IMO. You can be good at one thing in college, and excel. Not so much in the NBA.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'm pretty fragile, don't let my stature fool you.I have feelings.
tenor.gif

Their weakness get exploited in the NBA. Monk, nor YOung, IMO could guard a chair. Neither were good on the boards...Again, IMO. You can be good at one thing in college, and excel. Not so much in the NBA.
Give me a list of the IU talent Borden.

the secret is "google". Just type in Indiana basketball starters in the NBA.

Report back on your findings. Laughing

Give me a list of the IU talent Borden.

the secret is "google". Just type in Indiana basketball starters in the NBA.

Report back on your findings. Laughing
Bert man, I love you...But god damn you cannot handle criticism of anything UK. The poster asked why is it guys like a YOung or a Monk, get lost in the NBA. And its simple: Their weakness get exposed, and they don't have enough strengths(or their strengths are good enough) to overcome this. I was talking bad about St. John Calipari---or UK. I was giv ing an example on why so kids who are really good in college, do not excel in the NBA.

As for IU starters in the NBA:

Victor Oladipo: 3*...Turned into the # 2 pick. He has started 345 of 402 NBA games. Career average of 17ppg... 2X All-Star. Not bad for a kid not even in the Top 100. Man---if he had only went to UK.:rolleyes:

Noah Vonleh---Started for the Knicks last year. Has started over half of his NBA games.

Cody Zeller----Has started 214 of his 361 games...And thats after only starting 3 games as a rookie. Since then, he has been a perennial starter.

Thomas Bryant---Has worked his way into the Wizards starting line-up in his second year. Averaged 10ppg/7rpg. Apparently the Wiz like him...Just signed a 3 year, $25 million dollar contract. He contines the improvement---his next deal will be that of a max deal.

OG Anunoby---Started for the Raptors before being injured.

And of course Eric Gordon....Has scored over 10, 000 career points in the NBA. Started 55 games for the Rockets last year, and has been a perennial starter his entire career.

No, not 11 NBA starters. But I bet 6 is a hell of alot more than you thought.

I guess you are right, Bert----Google for some apparently is a secret.:D

Bert man, I love you...But god damn you cannot handle criticism of anything UK. The poster asked why is it guys like a YOung or a Monk, get lost in the NBA. And its simple: Their weakness get exposed, and they don't have enough strengths(or their strengths are good enough) to overcome this. I was talking bad about St. John Calipari---or UK. I was giv ing an example on why so kids who are really good in college, do not excel in the NBA.

Victor Oladipo: 3*...Turned into the # 2 pick. He has started 345 of 402 NBA games. Career average of 17ppg... 2X All-Star. Not bad for a kid not even in the Top 100. Man---if he had only went to UK.:rolleyes:

Noah Vonleh---Started for the Knicks last year. Has started over half of his NBA games.

Cody Zeller----Has started 214 of his 361 games...And thats after only starting 3 games as a rookie. Since then, he has been a perennial starter.

Thomas Bryant---Has worked his way into the Wizards starting line-up in his second year. Averaged 10ppg/7rpg. Apparently the Wiz like him...Just signed a 3 year, $25 million dollar contract. He contines the improvement---his next deal will be that of a max deal.

And of course Eric Gordon....Has scored over 10, 000 career points in the NBA. Started 55 games for the Rockets last year, and has been a perennial starter his entire career.

6 is more than I thought. Winking Crean had talent for sure.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

I did not mean to mean to rustle you so bad; however, 11 is impressive. No other team at the moment can get close. Of course many of those 11 were top flight players coming out of high school, but so were some of the IU kids.

ADVERTISEMENT