ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas and Calipari Disagree

Holy shot, is Jay Bilas sitting in his great grandfather's living room? Where did he get that 1967 recliner chair and drapes from?

I'm surprised there wasn't a plastic cover on that chair. Wow.

Is it just me, or did Jay also look like he was 65 years old in that clip?

Aside from the fact that rankings are an extremely inexact science, a top 30ish player is still a very elite prospect. Being top 30 or 40 in the entire NATION means that you're very highly regarded and very talented. Those players aren't typically one and done, but it shouldn't be a huge shock if it happens occasionally, especially when they largely draft on potential.

There aren’t enough examples to declare that Calipari is "better" at this than other coaches. We're talking about a few players throughout his entire career.

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that rankings are an extremely inexact science, a top 30ish player is still a very elite prospect. Being top 30 or 40 in the entire NATION means that you're very highly regarded and very talented. Those players aren't typically one and done, but it shouldn't be a huge shock if it happens occasionally, especially when they largely draft on potential.

There isn't a large enough sample to declare that Calipari is "better" at this than other coaches. We're talking about a few players throughout his entire career.
Okay, wtf does this have to do with Jay and his 1967 recliner?

Your opinions about UK and Calipari aren't worth reading, your hate for everything UK, makes you the most biased person on this board. You talk about UK more than you breathe.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Your opinions about UK and Calipari aren't worth reading, your hate for everything UK, makes you the most biased person on this board. You talk about UK more than you breathe.

I hit quote and for some reason it only included that part. Do you always have to get sidetracked by some stupid detail?

The “obsession” card is for pussies. Especially when your own fanbase is obsessed with KU (95% of KU trolling on this board is done by your fans).

Also, use your head. This board has way more Kentucky fans than any other fanbase, who like to create threads that belong on the homeboard to brag, and you’re a bunch of sensitive nancies. It shouldn’t be a shock if you attract a disproportionate amount of attention.

Some UK fans are pretty sensitive. Bilas says something that isn't praising Cal and it is time to go after everything about him, including his couch I guess?? Just sort of petty silliness.

Not all of them are though. Many of them here can ignore it or rag on themselves a bit as well.

Would you rather him talk about another team? Winking

I find it flattering and telling.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I hit quote and for some reason it only included that part. Do you always have to get sidetracked by some stupid detail?

The “obsession” card is for pussies. Especially when your own fanbase is obsessed with KU (95% of KU trolling on this board is done by your fans).

Also, use your head. This board has way more Kentucky fans than any other fanbase, who like to create threads that belong on the homeboard to brag, and you’re a bunch of sensitive nancies. It shouldn’t be a shock if you attract a disproportionate amount of attention.
Sidetracked by some stupid detail? Uhhh, you quoted me, then went off on some weird rant about, surprise, surprise, Calipari and UK.

Yeah, there are more UK fans, but you should read some of your posts, you literally are obsessed with anything UK.

You need help.

Would you rather him talk about another team? Winking

I find it flattering and telling.
Yeah, if it wasn't always about trashing UK and Cal while his own program appears to always be in the headlines about some player doing something stupid or Self working with Adidas paying players.

It's just weird.

Sidetracked by some stupid detail? Uhhh, you quoted me, then went off on some weird rant about, surprise, surprise, Calipari and UK.

Yeah, there are more UK fans, but you should read some of your posts, you literally are obsessed with anything UK.

You need help.

The twats on Rupp Rafters irritate me more than any other fanbase represented on the net. And several of them bleed their BS onto this board. Like your boy kl. There's someone who needs help.

As for my "weird rant," you apparently edited out half your post right as I quoted it, and now you're pretending that it was all about Bilas. Pitiful.

The twats on Rupp Rafters irritate me more than any other fanbase represented on the net. And several of them bleed their BS onto this board. Like your boy kl. There's someone who needs help.

As for my "weird rant," you apparently edited out half your post right as I quoted it, and now you're pretending that it was all about Bilas. Pitiful.
So don't go over to Rafters. If Rafters irritates you so much, why go over there?

I know why you go over there, you're obsessed with everything UK.

You say KL is a typical RR poster, I say that's Bs. He is who you want the typical RR poster to be, because it makes you feel good to trash RR. But KL is looked at as a bit of a troll over there too.

Everyone has their own posting style, KL's is a bit trollish, but RR has some damn good posters that have been there for many years. KL is not a typical Rafters poster.

RR gets trashed on here and it's not right, that is the only collegiate sports forum that is active 24/7. There are hundreds of posters on there at all times. So yeah, you're going to get some riff raff.

Like I said though, stop going over there if you are so bothered by it.

So don't go over to Rafters. If Rafters irritates you so much, why go over there?

I know why you go over there, you're obsessed with everything UK.

You say KL is a typical RR poster, I say that's Bs. He is who you want the typical RR poster to be, because it makes you feel good to trash RR. But KL is looked at as a bit of a troll over there too.

Everyone has their own posting style, KL's is a bit trollish, but RR has some damn good posters that have been there for many years. KL is not a typical Rafters poster.

RR gets trashed on here and it's not right, that is the only collegiate sports forum that is active 24/7. There are hundreds of posters on there at all times. So yeah, you're going to get some riff raff.

Like I said though, stop going over there if you are so bothered by it.

I rarely go over there. But as for why I would? That’s pretty simple. Like you said, it’s as active as any CBB board and often has topics before they hit this or other boards.

And kl does not stand out there at all. The only difference is that he doesn’t water down his schtick when he comes here, like the rest attempt to.

Quit flattering yourself by claiming that I’m ultra-obsessed with your school. If there weren’t so many of you on here, and so many Kentucky-related threads, I would rarely mention Kentucky.

I rarely go over there. But as for why I would? That’s pretty simple. Like you said, it’s as active as any CBB board and often has topics before they hit this or other boards.

And kl does not stand out there at all. The only difference is that he doesn’t water down his schtick when he comes here, like the rest attempt to.

Quit flattering yourself by claiming that I’m ultra-obsessed with your school. If there weren’t so many of you on here, and so many Kentucky-related threads, I would rarely mention Kentucky.
There are plenty of threads on here that are not UK related, but you choose to post in every UK thread with negative shit to say.

Yeah, RR is the most active board out there, but you trash it constantly… but you continue to go over there, just to find things to trash.

KL is most certainly not a typical RR poster, your take on that is a lie. Most common posters on RR are very civil, unless you go over there as a rival fan and troll, which happens a lot.

As far as your behavior on here, there is nobody here that would deny that you are obsessed with UK, UK fans and Calipari. 95% of your takes are negative UK comments. Maybe you don't realize it, but it's true.

There are plenty of threads on here that are not UK related, but you choose to post in every UK thread with negative shit to say.

Yeah, RR is the most active board out there, but you trash it constantly… but you continue to go over there, just to find things to trash.

KL is most certainly not a typical RR poster, your take on that is a lie. Most common posters on RR are very civil, unless you go over there as a rival fan and troll, which happens a lot.

As far as your behavior on here, there is nobody here that would deny that you are obsessed with UK, UK fans and Calipari. 95% of your takes are negative UK comments. Maybe you don't realize it, but it's true.

I’m not half as obsessed with Kentucky as you all are with Tennessee. Yet I don’t see Della crying like a little bitch about it.

Again, I’ve admitted that I jab at Kentucky more than other fanbases/teams here. And again, it’s because of the douchebaggery among your typical fans. Other fanbases aren’t nearly as insecure, and they can take what they dish.

I’m far from the only one to say this...or the only one to challenge Calipari’s quotes in this thread.

Imagine a KU fan claiming that if Frank Mason had attended Wisconsin, he’d have had no shot to play in the NBA. Or that Ben McLemore would’ve had no chance at being a top 10 pick after one year elsewhere.

Homer comments get sliced up on forums. This ain’t new.

I’m not half as obsessed with Kentucky as you all are with Tennessee. Yet I don’t see Della crying like a little bitch about it.

Again, I’ve admitted that I jab at Kentucky more than other fanbases/teams here. And again, it’s because of the douchebaggery among your typical fans. Other fanbases aren’t nearly as insecure, and they can take what they dish.

I’m far from the only one to say this...or the only one to challenge Calipari’s quotes in this thread.

Imagine a KU fan claiming that if Frank Mason had attended Wisconsin, he’d have had no shot to play in the NBA. Or that Ben McLemore would’ve had no chance at being a top 10 pick after one year elsewhere.

Homer comments get sliced up on forums. This ain’t new.
Haha, UK fans 0nly like to give Della a hard time. UT isn't a trickle on UK's ass, but some UT fans think UT is somehow an equal.

So, you are going to combat UK fans' "douchebaggery" by being an even bigger douchbag huh? You really showed us huh?

So, you think Herro goes in the lottery after 1 year at Wisconsin? I don't

Plus, the comparison you used is really dumb. Frank Mason played at KU for 4 years and I don't recall him going in the lottery after his time there. Tyler Herro went lottery, as a 4* recruit after 1 season at UK. That doesn't happen if he goes to Wisconsin.

Lastly, I can go to any home board out there and find stupid shit to bring over here and make fun of, it's not limited to Rupp Rafters.

But you keep up that obsession. Own it, everyone here already knows what you are, so stop trying to deny it.

I applaud you both for your dedication to this thread.
I do sense a little Deja Vu as my temporal lobe is working overtime.

Haha, UK fans 0nly like to give Della a hard time. UT isn't a trickle on UK's ass, but some UT fans think UT is somehow an equal.

So, you are going to combat UK fans' "douchebaggery" by being an even bigger douchbag huh? You really showed us huh?

So, you think Herro goes in the lottery after 1 year at Wisconsin? I don't

Plus, the comparison you used is really dumb. Frank Mason played at KU for 4 years and I don't recall him going in the lottery after his time there. Tyler Herro went lottery, as a 4* recruit after 1 season at UK. That doesn't happen if he goes to Wisconsin.

Lastly, I can go to any home board out there and find stupid shit to bring over here and make fun of, it's not limited to Rupp Rafters.

But you keep up that obsession. Own it, everyone here already knows what you are, so stop trying to deny it.

Frankly, I don’t care what you want to label it. But it’s absolutely no different than your shark to blood approach with Tenn. Aside from the fact that I actually raise some valid questions, while you guys just drop in to slap “inferior lil Tennessee” with your dicks.

And the point obviously wasn’t to directly compare Mason to Herro (although McLemore wouldn’t be a bad comparison—ranked 40ish and drafted #7 after playing one season). It’s an example of a similarly homerish comment regarding player development. Lots of coaches can point to a few players that exceeded expectation in development, but they don’t all claim to have some unbelievable system that no one else can match.

Btw, please don’t tell me you think that Mason would have been lottery under Calipari. Actually, please do. I could use a laugh.

Frankly, I don’t care what you want to label it. But it’s absolutely no different than your shark to blood approach with Tenn. Aside from the fact that I actually raise some valid questions, while you guys just drop in to slap “inferior lil Tennessee” with your dicks.

This is rich.

So you're doing w/UK what you you think UK fans are doing with KU UT?

That'll show 'em. Laughing

Good stuff.

...they don’t all claim to have some unbelievable system that no one else can match.

Who claimed that? link? tia

This is rich.

So you're doing w/UK what you you think UK fans are doing with KU UT?

That'll show 'em. Laughing

Good stuff.

Uh..no, not at all. I’m pointing out how hypocritical it is to whine about it.

Also, like I’ve said before, 95% of KU trolling on this board is done by UK fans. Should I conclude that you’re collectively obsessed?

Who claimed that? link? tia

I believe that Jeff said something along those lines in the paragraph that he deleted. But of course he won’t admit it.

I believe that Jeff said something along those lines in the paragraph that he deleted. But of course he won’t admit it.

You believe or know? You quoted it as fact.How can he admit it if you are wrong and he didn't say it?

nvm. Focus on UK all you want. I don't mind. It's entertainment. With that said, I would expect to be constantly called on it if I were doing the same.

You believe or know? You quoted it as fact.How can he admit it if you are wrong and he didn't say it?

nvm. Focus on UK all you want. I don't mind. It's entertainment. With that said, I would expect to be constantly called on it if I were doing the same.

But none of you say anything about the incessant and robotic trolling by kl. He’s infinitely worse than anyone else. Or JC’s constant trolling. Or Scotty’s UNC obsession.

You should be called out for looking the other way at your own while trying to police what everyone else is allowed to do. Especially when others raise legitimate questions, rather than copy/paste “KU/Louisville/UNC cheat” 75 times per day.

They're not trolling UK so I couldn't care less, and UNC fans call out Scotty. But again, you're admitting to doing what they're doing. You're the same.

Also, don't confuse policing with mockery.

I mean, there have been a number of UK fans on here who have said players not going to Kentucky is a mistake because other big time programs can't do for them what UK can. I realize that most reasonable UK fans realize they are kind of dumb but it has certainly happened. All blue bloods have some fans who claim their schools can do x that other schools cannot though. It is just there are so damn many of these UK people that they have more here who say the crazy stuff.

They're not trolling UK so I couldn't care less, and UNC fans call out Scotty. But again, you're admitting to doing what they're doing. You're the same.

Also, don't confuse policing with mockery.

Sure, sure.

Nah, I’m really not admitting that at all.

And you never answered....are UK fans here collectively obsessed with KU? Because they’re responsible for nearly all KU trolling. Oh, but they also troll UNC, Louisville, Duke and Tennessee, so they’re not deserving of “mockery.” Did I do that right?

I mean, there have been a number of UK fans on here who have said players not going to Kentucky is a mistake because other big time programs can't do for them what UK can. I realize that most reasonable UK fans realize they are kind of dumb but it has certainly happened. All blue bloods have some fans who claim their schools can do x that other schools cannot though. It is just there are so damn many of these UK people that they have more here who say the crazy stuff.
I can agree with this. Every fan base has homers, and there are more UK fans here. Thanks for not lumping everyone together.

And the point obviously wasn’t to directly compare Mason to Herro (although McLemore wouldn’t be a bad comparison—ranked 40ish and drafted #7 after playing one season). It’s an example of a similarly homerish comment regarding player development. Lots of coaches can point to a few players that exceeded expectation in development, but they don’t all claim to have some unbelievable system that no one else can match.

Btw, please don’t tell me you think that Mason would have been lottery under Calipari. Actually, please do. I could use a laugh.
Jeez, I poke fun at Della a few times and now I attack UT? You obviously have me confused with someone else.

It's odd that you pick Tennessee as our target, it really only happens when UT fans say something outlandish and it only last for a few posts. Della is a fun poster to go back and forth with, because she's very witty with her responses.

Come on man, no, I never said Frank Mason would have gone lottery under Cal. Go back and re-read my post. Good God man.

Uhhh no, nothing in that post had anything to do with Frank Mason.

The post you are talking about was edited because it was a bit too home board-ish. I cleaned it up.

Last edited:
Sure, sure.

Nah, I’m really not admitting that at all.

And you never answered....are UK fans here collectively obsessed with KU? Because they’re responsible for nearly all KU trolling. Oh, but they also troll UNC, Louisville, Duke and Tennessee, so they’re not deserving of “mockery.” Did I do that right?
You can't be serious with this. If any school gets trolled on here more than anyone else, it's UNC and that's just because the whole AFAM thing and the UNCfaninky model girlfriend thing. Followed closely by UK, mainly because of you.

Is KU even brought up that much on here? You seem overly sensitive about a few over the top posters that like to yank your chain.

KU has been in the news a lot the last few years and is front and center on the adidas thing. Yeah, there are going to be done comments. But you playing the "KU gets trolled more than anyone else" card is head shaking.

Jeez, I poke fun at Della a few times and now I attack UT? You obviously have me confused with someone else.

It's odd that you pick Tennessee as our target, it really only happens when UT fans say something outlandish and it only last for a few posts. Della is a fun poster to go back and forth with, because she's very witty with her responses.

Come on man, no, I never said Frank Mason would have gone lottery under Cal. Go back and re-read my post. Good God man.

Not sure about you personally, but Bert and some of the others get vicious in Tennessee threads. And it goes on and on for several pages.

Uhhh no, nothing in that post had anything to do with Frank Mason.

The post you are talking about was edited because it was a but too home board-ish. I cleaned it up.

I didn’t say it had anything to do with Mason.

You can't be serious with this. If any school gets trolled on here more than anyone else, it's UNC and that's just because the whole AFAM thing and the UNCfaninky model girlfriend thing. Followed closely by UK, mainly because of you.

Is KU even brought up that much on here? You seem overly sensitive about a few over the top posters that like to yank your chain.

KU has been in the news a lot the last few years and is front and center on the adidas thing. Yeah, there are going to be done comments. But you playing the "KU gets trolled more than anyone else" card is head shaking.

Why do you always put words in my mouth? Good God.

Never said that KU gets trolled more than anyone. I said that when they do, it’s slmost always a Kentucky fan. And that’s not limited to the obvious few; it’s a slew of people.

Since Cal creates 1st round picks, I’m sure he’ll have just as many 1st round picks once OAD goes away, right?
tumblr_mzg1ynul7E1s36aafo1_500.gif

Why do you always put words in my mouth? Good God.

Never said that KU gets trolled more than anyone. I said that when they do, it’s slmost always a Kentucky fan. And that’s not limited to the obvious few; it’s a slew of people.
When you say
"And you never answered....are UK fans here collectively obsessed with KU? Because they’re responsible for nearly all KU trolling"
That certainly seems like you're saying KU gets trolled a lot.

Honestly, the only time I see KU get talked about in a negative light, is when they are in the headlines for a player doing something stupid, when Self is tied into the Adidas thing, or when others are trying to get under your skin, because all you do is troll UK fans.

TBH, KU doesn’t really get brought up all that much here. I just don't think they are that important.

IDK, that might be what burns you up so much about UK.

Me, I like KU, got nothing against them, I can see why you are a fan of the program, there is a lot to like. You won't see me trash KU or Self very often, if at all. I knock the BIG12, but not KU.

Not sure about you personally, but Bert and some of the others get vicious in Tennessee threads. And it goes on and on for several pages.
Okay, so because one guy has it out a few times with Della, that means we all do it?
Della loves to poke at UK fans just like you do, only she does it in a crafty way and she knows how to push Bert's buttons. Everyone can see that.

They usually kiss and make up, so there's that.

However, I did find this post (#98) where you said it was me (among others) that viciously attacks UT fans, but now are sayong it's mainly Bert:

"Frankly, I don’t care what you want to label it. But it’s absolutely no different than your shark to blood approach with Tenn. Aside from the fact that I actually raise some valid questions, while you guys just drop in to slap “inferior lilTennessee” with your dicks."

Last edited:
Yeah, KU is trolled plenty....by Kentucky fans.

Funny that in the same post in which you claim that KU is rarely trolled, you’re trolling KU with your dumb “not that important” comment.

Basically, it comes down to most of you being the most insecure nitwits on the net, completely incapable of taking what you dish. So call it trolling, obsession, whatever. Who cares, really? Every post only reinforces that there isn’t a more deserving group.

Yeah, KU is trolled plenty....by Kentucky fans.

Funny that in the same post in which you claim that KU is rarely trolled, you’re trolling KU with your dumb “not that important” comment.

Basically, it comes down to most of you being the most insecure nitwits on the net, completely incapable of taking what you dish. So call it trolling, obsession, whatever. Who cares, really? Every post only reinforces that there isn’t a more deserving group.
You know, reading these two comments would be funny if they were found in two completely different posts, but you put them in the same post, one right after the other. I didn't even have to work for this one. You put it on a tee for me.

My comment about KU not being that important, is the truth. The only times we talk about them on here is when you're doing your normal daily troll job, when they've won another BIG12 title or when they're in the news.

You can blame it on UK fans all you want, but if you really look at it, most of those "troll" comments by UK fans happen when they are locked in a conversation with you. Do you understand why that might be?

Do you deny that 95% of your posts are UK related?

You know, reading these two comments would be funny if they were found in two completely different posts, but you put them in the same post, one right after the other. I didn't even have to work for this one. You put it on a tee for me.

My comment about KU not being that important, is the truth. The only times we talk about them on here is when you're doing your normal daily troll job, when they've won another BIG12 title or when they're in the news.

You can blame it on UK fans all you want, but if you really look at it, most of those "troll" comments by UK fans happen when they are locked in a conversation with you. Do you understand why that might be?

Do you deny that 95% of your posts are UK related?

Yes, schmuck, I deny it. And most of the Kentucky trolljobs have nothing to do with me. But I’m flattered that you think that I’m in the heads of an entire online community.

Btw, there was no insecurity or hypocrisy in that post. Merely pointing out the hypocrisy and stupidity of the comment. Although, of course, “importance” is subjective. Some might consider a team that’s done little since choking to Wisconsin 5 years ago to be unimportant at the moment.

Speaking of unimportant, this exchange is boring. Like most with you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT