ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII/SEC challenge...

Even though Vanderbilt's record has been terrible this year, the Commodores have been one of the tougher teams to beat in the SEC for a very, long time. For instance before this year, Vandy has actually defeated Florida 5-straight times. So, I wasn't too surprised of their win today. Especially, playing in Nashville...
Vandy's home court visual spatial depth always messes with our otherwise good shooters, which is primary reason Gators tend to struggle there. We also tend to struggle with Vandy in football too, but still win.

In the SEC, there's always certain teams that can defeat the favorites or at least give the favorite/top contender a tough game that they have to pull out in the end - a so called ugly game win.

I am sure there are many teams like that in the big 12 and all other conferences. Many conferences have these idiosyncrasies.

Because your argument is about the "best". Auburn is our top rated team.

SEC already has the advantage in the tournament.

They can hide teams already. If Auburn didn't suck last year they would be playing today.

SEC already has the advantage in the tournament.

They can hide teams already. If Auburn didn't suck last year they would be playing today.
How is it an advantage not having the top team in the SEC playing?

And great prediction btw. I think we can change this handle to JustcallmeDud

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
How is it an advantage not having the top team in the SEC playing?

And great prediction btw. I think we can change this handle to JustcallmeDud

If you can't see why the SEC has the advantage than it is no use talking with you......

So, the SEC should be able to replace teams because they are having a good year so they can hide the bottom feeders even more.

If you can't see why the SEC has the advantage than it is no use talking with you......

So, the SEC should be able to replace teams because they are having a good year so they can hide the bottom feeders even more.
If you can't explain how they have the advantage then ill just assume you made yet another stupid statement.

BTW, that Auburn team that sucked so bad last year went 3-0 against the B12 beating Oklahoma, Texas Tech and TCU

If you can't explain how they have the advantage then ill just assume you made yet another stupid statement.

BTW, that Auburn team that sucked so bad last year went 3-0 against the B12 beating Oklahoma, Texas Tech and TCU

Because the Big XII has to play every team no matter how horrible they are

The SEC plays the top 10 teams from the year before

A school like Mizzou has not played in the challenge for a couple of years now.

It usually works out even but not all the time.
This year I think it did because both LSU and Auburn are decent but the other two are not.

Because the Big XII has to play every team no matter how horrible they are

The SEC plays the top 10 teams from the year before

A school like Mizzou has not played in the challenge for a couple of years now.

It usually works out even but not all the time.
This year I think it did because both LSU and Auburn are decent but the other two are not.
I don't see that as an advantage at all .

The B12 from top to bottom is the best conference. The SEC isn't even top 4 .Probably not top 5. If anything the B12 has the advantage by having more good teams.

A 5-5 split with our best team not playing. NICE!!
tumblr_m21bmcIU4r1qcmfnio1_500.gif

Reactions: cb20476
I don't see that as an advantage at all .

The B12 from top to bottom is the best conference. The SEC isn't even top 4 .Probably not top 5. If anything the B12 has the advantage by having more good teams.

Lol. SEC is not a top 4 league? It’s pretty damn deep outside of Vandy this year, even with how bad they are, they still beat a top half team in the Big 12 today.

Lol. SEC is not a top 4 league? It’s pretty damn deep outside of Vandy this year, even with how bad they are, they still beat a top half team in the Big 12 today.
We don't mind being out of the top four as long as we beat the top 4.:D

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
This year possibly. But the last half decade or so they haven't been .They've just now started getting good again

Baylor at Florida toss up
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
Georgia at K State K State
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up
A&M at KU Kansas
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

The Big XII will win the challenge again as the SEC has yet to beat them.
Could the Big XII go 8-2 or better against the SEC.
I am thinking possibly 9-1.
Oklahoma St is looking much better so even 10-0
Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.
Good call. Lol

A 5-5 split with our best team not playing. NICE!!
So ..... obviously I spoke too soon. Way to go SEC!!!

Don't hang your heads Big12 fans, I'm sure there's still a sport you dominate. Women's badminton, maybe????

Just kidding. Honestly, IMO, the Big12 is still a slightly - emphasis on slightly -better basketball conference. But now the SEC has closed the gap.

It WAS a very good tourney.

Baylor at Florida toss up
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
Georgia at K State K State
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up
A&M at KU Kansas
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

The Big XII will win the challenge again as the SEC has yet to beat them.
Could the Big XII go 8-2 or better against the SEC.
I am thinking possibly 9-1.
Oklahoma St is looking much better so even 10-0
Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.
I hope your job isn't a psychic.

I started a thread based on the challenge.

I asked everyone's predictions. I sure have your interest in my thread
A dildo could have started a thread about an upcoming conference challenge and would gain people's interest.

Pretty sure a dildo wouldn't predict a chance at 10-0.

ADVERTISEMENT