ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII/SEC challenge...

“Baylor, athletically, is the third best team in the Big XII. Even better than WVU. I think they have the players to run with Florida.”

The very last thing Baylor wants to do is run with us, we might score 100+ for the 5th time this year if they do, the ONLY chance Baylor has is to make it a half court game and take advantage of our lack of inside presence.

Baylor is much better than your usual Sec competition just because they have been losing to teams in the Big XII doesn't mean they are horrible.

Only team I can say is average in the Big XII is Iowa St the rest are above average teams.

Baylor knows they have to beat you to have any chance at the NCAA Tournament.

For sure they are a very long fast athletic team even in the bigs.

Baylor at Florida toss up
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
Georgia at K State K State
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up
A&M at KU Kansas
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

The Big XII will win the challenge again as the SEC has yet to beat them.
Could the Big XII go 8-2 or better against the SEC.
I am thinking possibly 9-1.
Oklahoma St is looking much better so even 10-0
Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.
I like the Vols chances at Iowa St.

Reactions: KisteK
Baylor is much better than your usual Sec competition just because they have been losing to teams in the Big XII doesn't mean they are horrible.

Only team I can say is average in the Big XII is Iowa St the rest are above average teams.

I originally said UF by 5. But I just noticed that Baylor played on Monday. So they will - most likely - have an extra day each of rest and practice. This one will be a tough battle.

“Baylor knows they have to beat you to have any chance at the NCAA Tournament.”

So in other words Baylor is headed to the NIT

My projections :

Baylor (98) at Florida (25) --> Florida (SEC);
Gators won 8/9 games including at Rupp. Baylor lost 6/8 games.

Texas Tech (22) at South Carolina (55) --> South Carolina (SEC)
TT defeated KU & WVU; USC beat UK - going with home team.

Ole Miss (102) at Texas (42)--> Texas (B12)
Rebels gave UF only SEC loss but lost 3/4. Longhorns are 3-1 in conference home games and have a road win at Alabama; Texas should win but in a close game.

Georgia (51) at Kansas St (53) --> K-State (B12);
K-state won 3-games in a row, UGA lost 3/4 last games.

Oklahoma (11) at Alabama (26)--> Alabama (SEC) ,
Tide had won 4-games in a row. OU had lost 2-games in a row and 3/5.

TCU (17) at Vanderbilt (141) --> TCU (B12)
Hornfrogs lost 3 out of 4 road conference games. Will Commodores' quirky gym be an issue''?

Tennessee (12) at Iowa St (89)--> Tennessee (SEC)
Cyclones lost 6/8 games but won 2-straight home games. Vols won 4/5 games.

Texas A&M (33) at Kansas (7) --> Kansas (B12)
Jayhawks won 9/10 games and have wins over Kentucky, Syracuse, TCU & WVU. Aggies (also have a win over WVU) won two games in a row after starting out 0-5 in SEC. This is a marquee match-up between two talented teams.

Oklahoma St (92) at Arkansas (32) --> Arkansas (B12)
Razorbacks are tough at home with wins over OU & Tenn. Cowboys are 0-3 in conference road games.

Kentucky (19) at West Virginia (21) --> West Virginia (B12)
Mountaineers have impressive resume with wins over Virginia, Missouri, & OU - lost 3/4 games. Wildcats lost 2-games in a row after winning 5/6 games. UK could use another marquee win over WVU.
=========================================================

SEC-B12 again finishes 5-5 or the SEC loses 6-4 to the B12.
However, I could see Kentucky, Texas A&M, Iowa St, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Texas Tech all possibly winning their games, too.
Yelp the quirky Dore's gym and Bud Walton are tough to win in.

UK is about to be 0-3 in the challenge since it was moved to the end of January. Damn, this program is reeling.

Also every team UK blew out in 14-15, such as Kansas and UCLA, has gotten revenge. WVU is about to get theirs.

Reactions: Demarcus Wall
UK is about to be 0-3 in the challenge since it was moved to the end of January. Damn, this program is reeling.

Also every team UK blew out in 14-15, such as Kansas and UCLA, has gotten revenge. WVU is about to get theirs.
We still have some players from that team... I finished that game laying in the middle of the room watching upside down. It was better that I couldn't really tell what was happening

I'll take UK's win in the NCAAT last year against UCLA over their regular season wins.

No way Vandy should be in it, but it's hard to tell when scheduling.

They do it by last year's finish

Truthfully the SEC will always have the advantage by not playing all their teams

Still the Big XII, even with that, is a much better basketball conference

Truth to be told this is a football recruiting rivalry that is being played out on the basketball court so.....
Put the teams involved
LSU
Aggy
State
Ole Miss
Auburn
Alabama
Arkansas
Mizzou
Then rotate the last 2 spots

LSU especially should be playing.
We are taking the boot......LSU better be ready in 2019 and 2020

Most of the SEC East is not really involved as they should have something with the ACC schools.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
This game means nothing and I hope Self doesn’t burn our starters out with a conference game the following Monday night.

Was it really 5-5? Shit I don’t remember that.
Last year's BigXII was down..

Don't try to remember, be grateful you've forgotten...

You must be crazy then....

A&M has no chance against Kansas

TCU is a Top 15 team vs Vandy

If the game was in Oxford, Ole Miss would have a chance but UT is a much better team at home

Alabama and Sexton are a bit overrated. Texas showed them already.

WVU might be a Top 4 team. Kentucky is not going to matchup with their depth.

K State at home almost beat KU and beat OU.
Georgia might lose by 20
I can't wait to hear all the crying about the refs from Kentucky fans after they watch their team get assaulted in Morgantown.

giphy.gif

Enough talk!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Tech
Florida
Ole Miss/Texas
KState
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Vandy
aTm/Kansas
Arky
UK/WVU

The ones I didn't pick, I will prob pick the home team .. but that might just be a tad homerish.

Tech
Florida
Ole Miss/Texas
KState
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Vandy
aTm/Kansas
Arky
UK/WVU

The ones I didn't pick, I will prob pick the home team .. but that might just be a tad homerish.
Is tech still down a player to injury---seems like they haven't been the same since. I feel like these games are almost all 50/50. The teams I would have def picked a few weeks ago have gone thru some struggles and vice versa. The weaker teams seem to be playing better now and the top teams seem to be having growing pains. I would have def picked WVU and KU earlier, now its a matter of who shows up. Same with Tech,

I think the SEC will surprise some folks. The SEC has the most top 100 recruits this year. And its going to get stronger. The SEC commissioner has be adamant about teams improving their coaches and recruits. The teams have responded.

As for UK-WV if UK turns it over 12 or less, they'll win. Kansas fans can say what they want, but our team was barely out of diapers and still held it within 4.

To those that think UK will get blown out, a sig bet is waiting on you :)

How many times have the Big XII and SEC played so far this season?

Outside Florida and Tennessee, I prob won't put any money on these games.

Too close to call.

Is it just me or do the bottom to mediocre teams always have some weird affliction with conference honking.
Screen_Shot_2016_12_07_at_11.42.02_AM.png

It's just you. Tennessee has the best BPI in the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownSean
This challenge is loaded

I love that its in the middle of conference season.

Reactions: rdgtr
This challenge is loaded

I love that its in the middle of conference season.

I think these ACC/B1G and SEC/Big12 challenges are great for CBB. The conference grind can get a little boring up till tourney time.

Reactions: rdgtr and Mgkcbb
I think the SEC will surprise some folks. The SEC has the most top 100 recruits this year. And its going to get stronger. The SEC commissioner has be adamant about teams improving their coaches and recruits. The teams have responded.

As for UK-WV if UK turns it over 12 or less, they'll win. Kansas fans can say what they want, but our team was barely out of diapers and still held it within 4.

To those that think UK will get blown out, a sig bet is waiting on you :)
WVU is a better team than Kansas. You’re gonna get run.

Baylor at Florida toss up
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
Georgia at K State K State
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up
A&M at KU Kansas
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

The Big XII will win the challenge again as the SEC has yet to beat them.
Could the Big XII go 8-2 or better against the SEC.
I am thinking possibly 9-1.
Oklahoma St is looking much better so even 10-0
Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.
Winners:
UF
Tech
Texas
Bama - pickem
TCU - pickem
Tenn
KU
Ark
WVU

It should be a fun series of games

Lol, Baylor "much better than your usual SEC team". Bottom rung SEC teams have given us closer, tougher games this season than Baylor did today. SEC gonna smoke Big 12 today.

Last edited:
It appears that teams with home court advantage have a real edge. Props to tech for breaking through.

Lol, Baylor "much better than your usual SEC team". Bottom rung SEC teams have given us a closer, tougher games this season than Baylor did today. SEC gonna smoke Big 12 today.
Congrats on a big win against cellar dweller 9 loss Baylor..coached by Scott Drew. It is a win and that is all that matters.

Congrats on a big win against cellar dweller 9 loss Baylor..coached by Scott Drew. It is a win and that is all that matters.
No congrats needed as I wasn't trumping up the Gators for beating a POS Baylor team. I was simply replying to a post that was trumping up Baylor and the Big 12 like they aren't the POS they are.

No congrats needed as I wasn't trumping up the Gators for beating a POS Baylor team. I was simply replying to a post that was trumping up Baylor and the Big 12 like they aren't the POS they are.
Oh.....that guy is straight up ******ed.

ADVERTISEMENT