OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up
A&M at KU Kansas
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

The Big XII will win the challenge again as the SEC has yet to beat them.
Could the Big XII go 8-2 or better against the SEC.
I am thinking possibly 9-1.
Oklahoma St is looking much better so even 10-0
Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.

I think almost all of these games are toss ups.

You must be crazy then....

A&M has no chance against Kansas

TCU is a Top 15 team vs Vandy

If the game was in Oxford, Ole Miss would have a chance but UT is a much better team at home

Alabama and Sexton are a bit overrated. Texas showed them already.

WVU might be a Top 4 team. Kentucky is not going to matchup with their depth.

K State at home almost beat KU and beat OU.
Georgia might lose by 20

Reactions: Demarcus Wall
You must be crazy then....

A&M has no chance against Kansas

TCU is a Top 15 team vs Vandy

If the game was in Oxford, Ole Miss would have a chance but UT is a much better team at home

Alabama and Sexton are a bit overrated. Texas showed them already.

WVU might be a Top 4 team. Kentucky is not going to matchup with their depth.

K State at home almost beat KU and beat OU.
Georgia might lose by 20
A&M has the perfect roster to give us trouble. We have to be on our game or it will not end up favorably.

Reactions: KisteK
Baylor at Florida toss up
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
Georgia at K State K State
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
A&M at KU Kansas

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

Would be crazy.

If the Big XII goes 9-1 or 10-0 they deserve 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament for sure.

What happened to you the other day?

Talking up Texas, then WVU punks them by 35 and you disappeared?

Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
A&M at KU Kansas

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

Would be crazy.

I like Alabama over OU, and I'll take Arkansas over OSU; Bud Walton is a very difficult place to play.

And would not be surprised one bit if A&M went into Kansas and won. DOn't let the Aggies record fool you.

Reactions: KisteK and rdgtr
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
A&M at KU Kansas

6 Big XII
4 Toss up

Would be crazy.

Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee may have the advantage but I see a B12 advantage in the rest. West Virginia will probably roll Kentucky.

51-41 @ DKR

Is that the greatest achievement of Maryland football.
Congratulations on beating a UT team that didn't even want to play because of Harvey.
Texas lost one game but they caused Maryland to lose the season by knocking out your QB

Is that the greatest achievement of Maryland football.
Congratulations on beating a UT team that didn't even want to play because of Harvey.
Texas lost one game but they caused Maryland to lose the season by knocking out your QB

Wow you’re happy that you knocked out our QB. We’ve won a national championship in football so no, that win was not the greatest achievement ***it.

Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee may have the advantage but I see a B12 advantage in the rest. West Virginia will probably roll Kentucky.

Ames is a tough place to play.
The Clones get up for bball games so I don't think Tennessee is an obvious fav but a slight one.

Think it will be an one possession game.

51-41 @ DKR

I see Durkin is recruiting his ass off again.
The WR DJ Moore is gone. I have a feeling he will be a star in the NFL.

Who you think will be the QB next year?
I was impressed with the overall speed of Maryland. Think if they stayed healthy they could have won 9 games.

I see them finishing fourth next year and beating Michigan in the B1G Eastern Division.
Going forward Durkin needs to prove that he is just not just a great recruiter and challenge Penn St.
Penn St/Maryland in the future might turn in a good Rivarly once Maryland begins to start challenging Penn St for recruits.

I see Durkin is recruiting his ass off again.
The WR DJ Moore is gone. I have a feeling he will be a star in the NFL.

Who you think will be the QB next year?
I was impressed with the overall speed of Maryland. Think if they stayed healthy they could have won 9 games.

I see them finishing fourth next year and beating Michigan in the B1G Eastern Division.
Going forward Durkin needs to prove not just to be a great recruiter and challenge Penn St.
Penn St/Maryland in the future might turn in a good Rivarly once Maryland begins to start challenging Penn St for recruits.

It will be a battle between Pigrome and Kasim Hill. I personally like Hill more because I think hes got a better arm. It would be nice if we could keep one qb healthy for a year. Idk about competeing with the Big 3 in OSU, Michigan or Penn State, but not getting completely demolished would be nice.

Florida
Tech
Texas
K state
Oklahoma
TCU
Tennessee
Kansas
Arkansas
West Virginia

I will be at the KU/TAM game this weekend. That said, I don't know what to make of this game. Honestly I'd feel a hell of a lot better if this game were played at College Station because KU has played much better on the road this season than at home. Do the Aggies have a chance? They absolutely have a chance.

I will be at the KU/TAM game this weekend. That said, I don't know what to make of this game. Honestly I'd feel a hell of a lot better if this game were played at College Station because KU has played much better on the road this season than at home. Do the Aggies have a chance? They absolutely have a chance.

Billy Kennedy is dead man walking.

He is about to be fired and he knows it.
The A&M fanbase has been wanting to get rid of him for awhile now

Not big on Bama.
I think that depends on how good you think Auburn is though.

I think OU wins quite easily.
Nah I think Oklahoma will be a slight favorite but it's on the road and I think OU is soft. Bama will be up for it and they beat auburn without sexton, I believe... Don't think much of auburn

K State is going to murder UGA
Bruce Weber has himself something special.
They are looking like a threat to the entire conference.

I wouldn't say OU is soft but I think Kruger needs to rein in Young a little.
I wouldn't go far as say that he is bad for basketball like some people but shooting 40 times is bad for your team.

I always thought you should score more points than you have shots. Scoring 31 points on 40 shots is not impressive to me.
When I played that was what I always looked at to determine my game.

Last edited:
K State is going to murder UGA
Bruce Weber has himself something special.
They are looking like a threat to the entire conference
48974-Gif-Alt-Jim-Carrey-Dumb-And-Dumber-Laugh-Gif-Imgur-A-P-Adam-Rifkin-6-....gif

Last year, the SEC went 5-5 against the Big12 and had two Elite8 teams (UF, UK) and one Final4 team (USC). This year, the SEC is projected to get 8 or more teams into the NCAAs. Not a very objective analysis by the OP.

RPI wise, the Georgia (51) - Kansas St (53) game is a match-up of even resume teams. In the non-conference, Georgia had defeated St Mary's, Marquette, and Temple. KSU's best wins came in their conference against OU & TCU.

Another match-up of essentially even resume teams will be Kentucky (19) at West Virginia (21).

The SEC teams that are not playing this year are Auburn, Missouri, Mississippi St and LSU. However, there are three SEC teams with the worst conference records playing in this challenge: Vandy, Texas A&M, & Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: fayettechillin
Tech at Carolina toss up
Ole Miss at Texas Texas
OU at Alabama Oklahoma
TCU at Vandy. TCU
A&M at KU Kansas

1. Home court is huge in college basketball
2. Both conferences are stacked top-to-bottom and any team can beat any other on any given day.
3. Common perception seems to be that the Big12 is the better conference. I will not argue that, but will say that they are closer than many realize.
4. Also notice that one of the SECs best teams in not in it this year.

Baylor at Florida toss up - Baylor struggling/UF at home: UF by 5
Tech at Carolina toss up - agreed
Ole Miss at Texas Texas - most likely
Georgia at K State K State - probably
OU at Alabama Oklahoma - closer than you think
TCU at Vandy. TCU - This one is easy
Tennessee at Iowa St toss up - agreed
A&M at KU Kansas - probably closer than you think
Oklahoma Sf at Arkansas toss up - I'll take Arkansas at home
Kentucky at WVU West Virginia - toss up

I see 5 Big12, 2 SEC, and 3 toss ups

My projections :

Baylor (98) at Florida (25) --> Florida (SEC);
Gators won 8/9 games including at Rupp. Baylor lost 6/8 games.

Texas Tech (22) at South Carolina (55) --> South Carolina (SEC)
TT defeated KU & WVU; USC beat UK - going with home team.

Ole Miss (102) at Texas (42)--> Texas (B12)
Rebels gave UF only SEC loss but lost 3/4. Longhorns are 3-1 in conference home games and have a road win at Alabama; Texas should win but in a close game.

Georgia (51) at Kansas St (53) --> K-State (B12);
K-state won 3-games in a row, UGA lost 3/4 last games.

Oklahoma (11) at Alabama (26)--> Alabama (SEC) ,
Tide had won 4-games in a row. OU had lost 2-games in a row and 3/5.

TCU (17) at Vanderbilt (141) --> TCU (B12)
Hornfrogs lost 3 out of 4 road conference games. Will Commodores' quirky gym be an issue''?

Tennessee (12) at Iowa St (89)--> Tennessee (SEC)
Cyclones lost 6/8 games but won 2-straight home games. Vols won 4/5 games.

Texas A&M (33) at Kansas (7) --> Kansas (B12)
Jayhawks won 9/10 games and have wins over Kentucky, Syracuse, TCU & WVU. Aggies (also have a win over WVU) won two games in a row after starting out 0-5 in SEC. This is a marquee match-up between two talented teams.

Oklahoma St (92) at Arkansas (32) --> Arkansas (B12)
Razorbacks are tough at home with wins over OU & Tenn. Cowboys are 0-3 in conference road games.

Kentucky (19) at West Virginia (21) --> West Virginia (B12)
Mountaineers have impressive resume with wins over Virginia, Missouri, & OU - lost 3/4 games. Wildcats lost 2-games in a row after winning 5/6 games. UK could use another marquee win over WVU.
=========================================================

SEC-B12 again finishes 5-5 or the SEC loses 6-4 to the B12.
However, I could see Kentucky, Texas A&M, Iowa St, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Texas Tech all possibly winning their games, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
My projections :

Baylor (98) at Florida (25) --> Florida (SEC);
Gators won 8/9 games including at Rupp. Baylor lost 6/8 games.

Texas Tech (22) at South Carolina (55) --> South Carolina (SEC)
TT defeated KU & WVU; USC beat UK - going with home team.

Ole Miss (102) at Texas (42)--> Texas (B12)
Rebels gave UF only SEC loss but lost 3/4. Longhorns are 3-1 in conference home games and have a road win at Alabama; Texas should win but in a close game.

Georgia (51) at Kansas St (53) --> K-State (B12);
K-state won 3-games in a row, UGA lost 3/4 last games.

Oklahoma (11) at Alabama (26)--> Alabama (SEC) ,
Tide had won 4-games in a row. OU had lost 2-games in a row and 3/5.

TCU (17) at Vanderbilt (141) --> TCU (B12)
Hornfrogs lost 3 out of 4 road conference games. Will Commodores' quirky gym be an issue''?

Tennessee (12) at Iowa St (89)--> Tennessee (SEC)
Cyclones lost 6/8 games but won 2-straight home games. Vols won 4/5 games.

Texas A&M (33) at Kansas (7) --> Kansas (B12)
Jayhawks won 9/10 games and have wins over Kentucky, Syracuse, TCU & WVU. Aggies (also have a win over WVU) won two games in a row after starting out 0-5 in SEC. This is a marquee match-up between two talented teams.

Oklahoma St (92) at Arkansas (32) --> Arkansas (B12)
Razorbacks are tough at home with wins over OU & Tenn. Cowboys are 0-3 in conference road games.

Kentucky (19) at West Virginia (21) --> West Virginia (B12)
Mountaineers have impressive resume with wins over Virginia, Missouri, & OU - lost 3/4 games. Wildcats lost 2-games in a row after winning 5/6 games. UK could use another marquee win over WVU.
=========================================================

SEC-B12 again finishes 5-5 or the SEC loses 6-4 to the B12.
However, I could see Kentucky, Texas A&M, Iowa St, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Texas Tech all possibly winning their games, too.
Individually, the big 12 looks stronger. But this year the matchups look like they match strength vs weakness very well. The only one I would feel comfortable betting on is Florida over Baylor-----Baylor has zero team chemistry and their BS zone is going to let the gators rain.

Last year, the SEC went 5-5 against the Big12 and had two Elite8 teams (UF, UK) and one Final4 team (USC). This year, the SEC is projected to get 8 or more teams into the NCAAs. Not a very objective analysis by the OP.

RPI wise, the Georgia (51) - Kansas St (53) game is a match-up of even resume teams. In the non-conference, Georgia had defeated St Mary's, Marquette, and Temple. KSU's best wins came in their conference against OU & TCU.

Another match-up of essentially even resume teams will be Kentucky (19) at West Virginia (21).

The SEC teams that are not playing this year are Auburn, Missouri, Mississippi St and LSU. However, there are three SEC teams with the worst conference records playing in this challenge: Vandy, Texas A&M, & Ole Miss.

I’m certain that this event was not a 5-5 tie last year

This game means nothing and I hope Self doesn’t burn our starters out with a conference game the following Monday night.
It has been
7-3
6-4
7-3
5-5

25-15 all time

I think he is not understanding that the Big XII is much better than last year as well.

Was it really 5-5? Shit I don’t remember that.

This game means nothing and I hope Self doesn’t burn our starters out with a conference game the following Monday night.

Was it really 5-5? Shit I don’t remember that.

I don't remember the matchups off hand.

I think the Big XII schools are tired of losing to each other and might feast on the SEC.

Baylor, athletically, is the third best team in the Big XII. Even better than WVU. I think they have the players to run with Florida.

Arkansas and Oklahoma St will be an amazing game with two schools who are couple hours from each other.
Bud Walton will be electric. Once again I think Oklahoma St, like K State, is peaking right now.

“Baylor, athletically, is the third best team in the Big XII. Even better than WVU. I think they have the players to run with Florida.”

The very last thing Baylor wants to do is run with us, we might score 100+ for the 5th time this year if they do, the ONLY chance Baylor has is to make it a half court game and take advantage of our lack of inside presence.

“Baylor, athletically, is the third best team in the Big XII. Even better than WVU. I think they have the players to run with Florida.”

The very last thing Baylor wants to do is run with us, we might score 100+ for the 5th time this year if they do, the ONLY chance Baylor has is to make it a half court game and take advantage of our lack of inside presence.

Baylor can kill teams on the glass

They have big athletic guys.

But they’re really not very good.

You should feel relatively safe, but baylor loves to play out of their minds a handful of times per year. Usually drew will boner the end though, and by usually, I mean always.

ADVERTISEMENT