ADVERTISEMENT

B1G is up 5-3-2 in last 10 ACC challenges since 2009

ACC actually won every challenge for the first ten years of the challenge, 99-08....

Has the the ACC been down from where it was in the 2000’s and prior with teams like Pitt, Wake, Ga Tech and NC State At much higher levels consistently? Is the ACC truly a deep conference (as it used to be) these days or is it just top heavy with Duke, UNC, UVA and Louisville?

Or is it simply that the B1G grown up and become that good and deep of a conference this past decade? Maryland switching up surely helped the B1G but that’s just one team.
How many NCAA titles has the Big 10 won during that time?

Funny to see Virginia fans stanning for the ACC, when they havent been to a F4 in 35 years, and get upset in the tourney on the regular.

ACC is better. They have 2 of college's 5 blue bloods. IU has been down for a while now. MSU on that next level. No one in the B1G recruits like Duke. I think Duke alone has more 5stars in each of the last 3+ classes, than the entire B1G had combined for each of those years.

Just one Virginia fan. That's what makes me great. I'll talk shit even after suffering the worst tourney loss in history.

Tell us about all the 16's you've lost to.

We lost to a 16 seed. Is that satisfactory? At least I come through. Hawk just avoided it.

I have to say, I am not sure what sgrooms said to get you guys going. But it's pretty entertaining. Keep it up.

Mostly boredom. Kinda wanted to see pics of super models @jhmossy almost banged, still waiting on them btw. I do like how Maryland’s NC and FFs are counted for the ACC and then Maryland is shit on in the next sentence.

Mostly boredom. Kinda wanted to see pics of super models @jhmossy almost banged, still waiting on them btw. I do like how Maryland’s NC and FFs are counted for the ACC and then Maryland is shit on in the next sentence.

Pics inside

tyson-beckford-male-model-2-56a630fa5f9b58b7d0e0560b.gif

LOL what a perfect gif for the situation. I'm gonna turn this thread around. Have a I told you that you're one of my favorite posters?

Its going to be weird rooting for UVA in the tourney after we lose to some bum ass 11 seed in the first round again. I’m not going to be able to talk shit about our 1 NC anymore.

Reactions: jhmossy
Its going to be weird rooting for UVA in the tourney after we lose to some bum ass 11 seed in the first round again. I’m not going to be able to talk shit about our 1 NC anymore.

Why would you possibly root for us? I like you but I'm not rooting for MD in almost any situation.

Reactions: sgrooms
Just one Virginia fan. That's what makes me great. I'll talk shit even after suffering the worst tourney loss in history.

We lost to a 16 seed. Is that satisfactory? At least I come through. Hawk just avoided it.

I'm just glad it didn't happen to us.

I'm just glad it didn't happen to us.

Everyone is. It was bad in the moment but I've kinda moved past it. It doesn't really bother me that much when it's brought up either. It probably helps that I live in a place where no one gives a **** about UVA either. If I really cared that much, I'd stop posting here.

Its harder to win the Big 10 which affects seeding.

Not to dismiss Purdue, because I think they're a pretty solid club. I just think it's funny how they've lost to as many ACC teams (0-3) as they have to Big Ten teams (14-3)... and that's without playing UVA, UNC, or Duke.

Not to dismiss Purdue, because I think they're a pretty solid club. I just think it's funny how they've lost to as many ACC teams (0-3) as they have to Big Ten teams (14-3)... and that's without playing UVA, UNC, or Duke.

They should have more then 3 B1G losses, but it is what it is. They close strong.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I actually do have a file saved which shows elite 8 appearances by conference from the last 4 years. Don't have the Sweet 16 numbers, however.

ACC: 7
Notre Dame (2)
Louisville
Duke (2)
UNC (2)
Virginia
Syracuse
Florida State

SEC: 3
Kentucky (2)
Florida
South Carolina

Big 12: 3
Kansas (3)
Oklahoma
Kansas State

Big 10: 3
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan

Pac 12: 2
Arizona
Oregon (2)

Big East: 2
Villanova (2)
Xavier

WCC: 1
Gonzaga (2)

MVC: 1
Loyola Chicago

Welp, that just about wraps this thread up. Good night guys and gals, ain't gotta go home but can't stay here.

Purdue is a young team that lost 4 starters and over 5,000+ points scored. Yeah they had some bumps at the beginning of the year. That was expected. Just happened to be those bumps were against ACC teams. Took some time for them to come together. They lost to a Big 12 team too. I just think it was a good time to play Purdue at the beginning of the year. Not so much as the ACC being that much better.

Purdue is a young team that lost 4 starters and over 5,000+ points scored. Yeah they had some bumps at the beginning of the year. That was expected. Just happened to be those bumps were against ACC teams. Took some time for them to come together. They lost to a Big 12 team too. I just think it was a good time to play Purdue at the beginning of the year. Not so much as the ACC being that much better.

Do you you think Purdue would go 14-3 in the ACC? Asking for a friend. Thanks.

I think top to bottom, the Big Ten has the better set of coaches. But they have been unable to attract the talent that the ACC has and talent becomes more important in the tournament. Now, there may be reason$ why the ACC recruits$ better but I'm not $ure what they could be.

You really think the Big 10 has a better set of coaches? Idk, man. It might be close or even, but hard for me to say there is a set that is actually better than the ACC.

Coach K
Roy Williams
Tony Bennett
Jim B
Leonard Hamilton
Mike Brey
Jim L

That's a pretty salty list of established guys. Then you have up and comers like Kevin Keatts and Chris Mack. Toss in Buzz Williams and Brad Brownell who are both at least solid. I'd love to see someone argue that another set is actually better.

Reactions: sgrooms and jhmossy
l love the confidence. But the correct answer is no. You need to go on a 14-game win streak and take down UVA, Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse, among others.

Finally, some reason.

Look dipshit, with the unbalanced schedules and these super conferences, of course they could. If Duke played all the Big 10 top teams, like you are suggesting Purdue would have to do and which rarely happens, any ACC team would have quite a few loses as well in the Big 10.

Purdue missed a second game with Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Don't be a moron.

Look dipshit, with the unbalanced schedules and these super conferences, of course they could. If Duke played all the Big 10 top teams, like you are suggesting Purdue would have to do and which rarely happens, any ACC team would have quite a few loses as well in the Big 10.

Purdue missed a second game with Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Don't be a moron.

lol, triggered much?

You realize Duke is 12-3 in the ACC, right? That includes two wins over Virginia and we still have to play UNC on the road. Could Duke lose to Purdue? Sure, but I'd give Duke 75-80% odds with a healthy team. Purdue would have a tough time duplicating our record.

I just don't see Purdue going 14-3 in the ACC. I think they're a notch below Duke, UVA, and UNC. They might be competing for 4th... but then again, they lost to FSU and Va Tech. So yeah, 14-3 ain't happening.

lol, triggered much?

You realize Duke is 12-3 in the ACC, right? That includes two wins over Virginia and we still have to play UNC on the road. Could Duke lose to Purdue? Sure, but I'd give Duke 75-80% odds with a healthy team. Purdue would have a tough time duplicating our record.

I just don't see Purdue going 14-3 in the ACC. I think they're a notch below Duke, UVA, and UNC. They might be competing for 4th... but then again, they lost to FSU and Va Tech. So yeah, 14-3 ain't happening.

So you want to compare Purdue and Duke? Don't be a moron. Suppose the schedule set up to where they played those teams only once and they were all at Mackey. Your argument is stupid

ADVERTISEMENT