ADVERTISEMENT

B12 actually flexing nuts

Lol poor victims. Their lives are just so sad compared to 99% of the rest of the world. They have it better than other college students, they’re not playing for free, and to blame that on a loss is pathetic. Thankfully the NBA is bleeding viewers and it won’t be long before these entitled shits can’t get rich playing the game.
Difficult situation....

Can't judge a kid. You never had this over your head.

But if you are going to step foot on a college basketball court it should be 3 years.
If that is too much go to the G League.

But let the kid in partnership with the University sell his jersey

The only surprising thing thus far with the Big 12 is that Kansas is still alive.

Big 12 sucking nuts today.
Oregon State got flat out hot. They hit a streak of shots that reminded me of the hot streak Oregon had against KU a few years ago. I mean they are 30-33 on free throws tonight. That’s insane. I doubt they could replicate that even shooting around in an empty gym. After they went on that hot streak, OSU got tight, as tends to happen when your opponent goes off.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
The only surprising thing thus far with the Big 12 is that Kansas is barley still alive.
The only surprising thing today was the OSU loss. But to me that was more about Oregon State just getting hot than it was about Oklahoma State being bad. I do think Oklahoma State was overseeded, but they’re a good team.

The WVU loss was predictable. I picked the Cuse over WVU. Syracuse is not a great regular season team, but they overachieve in March, because nobody outside of the ACC knows how to attack that zone. And in a tournament setting when your season is over if you lose, teams tend to tighten up after that zone frustrates them.

Ya big 12, big 10 and ACC all blow now. Lol. Big 12 started out on fire 6-1 but who cares after round 2.

Really thought big 12 would pull another 2018 with 3 of the elite 8 teams again. 5 of the sweet 16. Just is a crapshoot some of these games.

Life she goes on folks.

Happy for the PAC (and the small schools) actually as much sh** S it’s taken forever now as the dead last in all sports.

Go pac and mid majors for the elite 8! That’s CoVid for ya.

My new final four:

Oral roberts
Oregon state
Abilene Christian
UCLA

All double digits seeds baby

Kenpom had been saying that all year

For sure. I told my buddies the big 12 was over seeded from the jump.

But Texas, WVU, tech and Pokes should have done better. All had great non con wins and played well down stretch

KU is a down year for them.

OU declined after beating a top 10 Bama.

Tech and WVU had their chance to win at the end yesterday. That’s how it goes

But most Especially Texas with all that Kentucky level talent.

More Nuts in mouth day. Crazy Tourney. Not much you can count on. Zags and Baylor. Nova?
Not sure on Baylor. Maybe the Baylor of a couple of months ago, but they were peaking then. They've taken a step back since then. Maybe it was the COVID, or maybe it was just a natural cycle of play that teams tend to go through during a year, but they aren't playing as well as they were. Maybe they pick it back up though.

For sure.

But Texas, WVU, tech and Pokes should have done better.

OU declined after beating Bama.

Tech and WVU had their chance to win

Big 12 is still one of the better leagues. The differences between the major conferences is not nearly as large as some fans think or want it to be.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Big 12 is still one of the better leagues. The differences between the major conferences is not nearly as large as some fans think or want it to be.

Ya. Had #1 rpi and #2 net behind big 10. Both had the best non con claims. But that doesn’t mean much when your palms are sweaty with 2 free throws to win a one point game in the dance.

Your b-ball got mad respect this year I’ll give you that. Football tho bro. Need work. Big 12 had some dark times in early to mid 2010’s after the breakup. You guys will be back - hard to mess up USC or Oregon For long. All goes in cycles.

ACC was on top of the world 5-6 years ago even with sec. now the worst I’d even put behind the pac top to bottom for 2020. Big 12 could argue was the worst 2011-2015 ish post break up. XII Just finished 2020 as the #1 in RPI and neck and neck in FPI with SEC and 6-0 in bowls.

It goes in cycles unless you’re SEC in football or ACC in b-ball the. It’s pretty constant.

Kenpom had been saying that all year
The Big XII is a very good league, but it's not good because it has a bunch of elite teams, it's good because it has a bunch of above average teams. Very few bad teams in the Big XII. 70% of the league are legit tournament teams, and one of the other 3 is a disciplined team that can give you a tough time if you aren't giving effort. As tends to happen, the selection committee used that to overseed the Big XII and Big 10 teams, and underseed the PAC and other leagues. I've always thought the committee gives too much credence to strength of schedule. IMO if you lose 8+ games, you probably shouldn't be a top 3 seed. I'd have put KU at a 4, WVU at a 4, UT at a 5, OSU at a 6, TT at a 9 or 10. OU I think is seeded right about where they should be. They're a wildly inconsistent team that at times plays like a top 10 team and at other times looks like they don't belong on the same court as those other teams. I could say the same about KU too, being wildly inconsistent. The difference between KU and OU though is that KU's generally pretty consistent on defense, so they can win the close games, but there are nights where KU can't throw it in the ocean, regardless of how open they are. Sometimes within the same game.

Ya. Had #1 rpi and #2 net behind big 10. Both had the best non con claims. But that doesn’t mean much when your palms are sweaty with 2 free throws to win a one point game in the dance.

Your b-ball got mad respect this year I’ll give you that. Football tho bro. Need work. Big 12 had some dark times in early to mid 2010’s after the breakup. You guys will be back - hard to mess up USC or Oregon For long. All goes in cycles.

ACC was on top of the world 5-6 years ago even with sec. now the worst I’d even put behind the pac top to bottom for 2020. Big 12 could argue was the worst 2011-2015 ish post break up. XII Just finished 2020 as the #1 in RPI and neck and neck in FPI with SEC and 6-0 in bowls.

It goes in cycles.

It's hard to look at OOC this year because the sample size is so small. Big 12 performed well but there was nothing to indicate it was by far the best conference.

As for football, Oregon and SC are building. PAC was really hurt by the late start. Oregon had a lot of players opt to prepare for the NFL Draft after the season was originally cancelled and many of them didn't come back when they returned in November. Big 12 is in the same boat as the PAC 12 in football. Until someone thinks you're a threat in the playoff, you remain an after thought. It's just the way it is in college football.

The Big XII is a very good league, but it's not good because it has a bunch of elite teams, it's good because it has a bunch of above average teams. Very few bad teams in the Big XII. 70% of the league are legit tournament teams, and one of the other 3 is a disciplined team that can give you a tough time if you aren't giving effort. As tends to happen, the selection committee used that to overseed the Big XII and Big 10 teams, and underseed the PAC and other leagues. I've always thought the committee gives too much credence to strength of schedule. IMO if you lose 8+ games, you probably shouldn't be a top 3 seed. I'd have put KU at a 4, WVU at a 4, UT at a 5, OSU at a 6, TT at a 9 or 10. OU I think is seeded right about where they should be. They're a wildly inconsistent team that at times plays like a top 10 team and at other times looks like they don't belong on the same court as those other teams. I could say the same about KU too, being wildly inconsistent. The difference between KU and OU though is that KU's generally pretty consistent on defense, so they can win the close games, but there are nights where KU can't throw it in the ocean, regardless of how open they are. Sometimes within the same game.

I agree. But the narrative was set early in the season. Big Ten and Big 12 were elite, the PAC 12 was a joke. The media kept with their narrative as long as they could.

Big 12 is still a really good league. The mistake was pretending the Big Ten and Big 12 were playing an entirely different level from the PAC 12, SEC, ACC and Big East. That was never the case.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
There’s a huge gap between the level of Baylor and the rest of big 12.

Cool. There’s a gap between Baylor and everybody but Gonzaga. As many of us said all year. It was only the Kenpom lovers and Michigan homos who tried to squeeze other teams ahead of them.

It's hard to look at OOC this year because the sample size is so small. Big 12 performed well but there was nothing to indicate it was by far the best conference.

As for football, Oregon and SC are building. PAC was really hurt by the late start. Oregon had a lot of players opt to prepare for the NFL Draft after the season was originally cancelled and many of them didn't come back when they returned in November. Big 12 is in the same boat as the PAC 12 in football. Until someone thinks you're a threat in the playoff, you remain an after thought. It's just the way it is in college football.

Has anyone said the Big 12 was by far the best conference? Sounds like you’re confusing Big 12 and Big 10 fans.

• Haha
Has anyone said the Big 12 was by far the best conference? Sounds like you’re confusing Big 12 and Big 10 fans.

The AP/Media has been pumping the Big Ten and Big 12 narrative all year. We were told those two conferences were by far the best two conferences in basketball. It's why the Big 12 got five teems seeded higher than anyone in the PAC 12

The AP/Media has been pumping the Big Ten and Big 12 narrative all year. We were told those two conferences were by far the best two conferences in basketball. It's why the Big 12 got five teems seeded higher than anyone in the PAC 12

Well, big difference between being one of the two best and being by far the best.

But even with a bad record yesterday, I’m not sure that any league deserves to be called better to this point, given the B1G’s faceplant. Shaka’s choke was inevitable. But I’ve never thought there was a big gap. I did think the Pac was a tier below the top few, and maybe that’s not the case.

Well, big difference between being one of the two best and being by far the best.

But even with a bad record yesterday, I’m not sure that any league deserves to be called better to this point, given the B1G’s faceplant. Shaka’s choke was inevitable. But I’ve never thought there was a big gap. I did think the Pac was a tier below the top few, and maybe that’s not the case.

Sure but given where the teams were ranked and where they were seeded, the media and the committee treated the Big 12 and Big Ten as if they were by far the best. That's my point. They still might be the top two conferences but it's becoming clear they were given too much credit, especially the Big Ten.

For sure. I told my buddies the big 12 was over seeded from the jump.

But Texas, WVU, tech and Pokes should have done better. All had great non con wins and played well down stretch

OU declined after beating a top 10 Bama.

Tech and WVU had their chance to win at the end yesterday. That’s how it goes

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can make the second weekend. We will 100% have to have our shooters hitting from deep and have our guards rebound well. This game is 50/50 at best for the hawks....imo.

Sure but given where the teams were ranked and where they were seeded, the media and the committee treated the Big 12 and Big Ten as if they were by far the best. That's my point. They still might be the top two conferences but it's becoming clear they were given too much credit, especially the Big Ten.

I do think a few Big 12 teams were seeded a little too high, and some Pac teams were seeded too low. But the biggest takeaway from the tourney is that the B1G was vastly overrated. Seemingly everyone thought the B1G was a historically great league, and it clearly isn't. But I think that's the only obvious takeaway.

The Pac has looked good, but the only true standout to me so far is Oregon St. It's possible that they're just hot at the right time. Doesn't necessarily indicate that the Pac is awesome. They mowed through the Pac-12 down the stretch too.

I still think the Big 12 is what I thought it was. One elite team that could win it all and a bunch of solid/above average teams.

I agree. But the narrative was set early in the season. Big Ten and Big 12 were elite, the PAC 12 was a joke. The media kept with their narrative as long as they could.

Big 12 is still a really good league. The mistake was pretending the Big Ten and Big 12 were playing an entirely different level from the PAC 12, SEC, ACC and Big East. That was never the case.
The PAC was really really hurt by that nonexistent nonconference schedule.

In a way it's possibly helped them a bit. Thus far it seems these PAC schools have come out relaxed and loose, with no pressure. Very helpful in the tourney. Likely to get another win today as well, as I don't think KU is going to beat USC. KU is overseeded right now not being 100%, and USC is exactly that type of team KU has problems with. KU struggles with long teams that make it difficult to drive and force them into jump shots. Against UK, it took KU 15 minutes to adjust to their length and start playing well offensively. Luckily UK is bad enough that KU was able to overcome that early deficit. I don't see that happening against USC. KU will struggle to score early, and I think they fall behind by a dozen or so. They might scrap back and make it a game later on, but at that point it will likely be too late.

OU I actually think has a chance to make it a game with Gonzaga. But it will require the Zags to come out a little tight. They just have so many shooters though that it's highly unlikely that happens.

Is he serious?

Who knows? Maybe he thinks it was karma giving those reckless coaches what they properly deserve. I'm sure he enjoyed to see them lose.

It was a really silly take. I honestly don't know if I've seen a game where a coach has worn their masks properly the whole game. And as it is, the players are in the huddles without their masks on. Why isn't he whining about that?

ADVERTISEMENT