ADVERTISEMENT

As of Today, Rank Your Top 5 Teams Most Likely to Win the Tourney

And I said multiple times that I get that, but they're 8-15. The reason they are grouped with teams that have much better records is because those other teams have played incredibly easy schedules. That's it, we all get that.

Illinois is still a garbage team. They beat a reeling Michigan State team at home. Michigan State turned around and lost to Indiana at home. Same Indiana team that got dominated in Ass Hall by Iowa. Iowa is a good team, but IU and Illinois suck.

Lastly, you said "Illinois is better than YOU think". Meaning, you are saying you know me and how I think. But you don't know me and no, they're not a better basketball team than I think. They simply aren't. They are less than mediocre and have been for a long time.
This confirms what I've been trying to say but apparently record is all you care about. Advanced metrics don't rate you higher simply because you played a tougher schedule. That's not how it works. With a comment like that, it's would appear you really don't have a clue how they work. With all that, It's obvious you aren't going to understand and all I have to say is agree to disagree and good day.

BTW that "garbage" Illinois team has beaten two ranked teams.

Because all you want to do is pump BIG10 teams. You're pumping Indiana and Illinois and saying they're good teams.

If you think Indiana and Illinois are good teams, it tells me you are only watching BIG10 games. Most casual fans only watch bball when their teams are playing, they don't watch anything beyond that.

Me? I am a college basketball but. If Northwestern Louisiana state school of the blind and hearing impaired was playing the Southeastern veterinary school of snow leopard grooming, I would watch every damn second of it and probably only leave my chair to get another glass of bourbon or drain the lizard.

To me, it's very obvious that you only watch BIG10 games.

You're the dude that hasn't left his neighborhood in his 50 years on Earth. You don't even know that there is a huge hole somewhere in Arizona, or that they make buildings taller than 3 stories. That's how I picture you.
WTF! I'm not pumping anything. ADVANCED METRICS IS. I'm just pointing out what they say. For F's sake.

NO, I don't only watch B10 games. Nothing I have said should suggest that either. You're grasping at straws dude...

Last edited:
Well done Tennessee fan, well done. Can't believe this thread is still going.

This confirms what I've been trying to say but apparently record is all you care about. Advanced metrics don't rate you higher simply because you played a tougher schedule. That's not how it works. With a comment like that, it's would appear you really don't have a clue how they work. With all that, It's obvious you aren't going to understand and all I have to say is agree to disagree and good day.

BTW that "garbage" Illinois team has beaten two ranked teams.
Those ratings aren't JUST about SOS, nobody is saying that. The ratings are based on all of the metrics, one of which is strength of schedule.

If Illinois didn't have such a strong SOS, but still had an 8-15 record, they would be rated dub 100. That's what you are not getting.

So what, Illinois beat two ranked teams. Are any of those two wins on the road? They also lost 15 games, some of them to bad teams. Heck, a broken clock is right on the money twice a day, doesn't mean you should buy it.

Did Illinois lose to Florida Atlantic? That's a yes or no question.

Nevertheless, you're pumping an 8-15 team that is rated #71 on KenPom. You look like fool for trying to convince anyone that Illinois is a good team.

If this was a non BIG10 team we were talking about, you wouldn't be arguing this hard. You're simply a BIG10 homer that doesn't get the big picture.

Lastly, I will no longer waste my time talking about Illi-freaking-nois.

JESUS CHRIST! I'm not pumping anything. ADVANCED METRICS IS. I'm just pointing out what they say. For F's sake.

NO, I don't only watch B10 games. Nothing I have said should suggest that either. You're grasping at straws dude...
You should go back and read your posts. The only thing you have any clue about is BIG10 basketball.

The fact that you keep ragging on about Illinois tells me all I need to know. Nobody else, not even Illinois fans, are talking about Illinois basketball.

Those ratings aren't JUST about SOS, nobody is saying that. The ratings are based on all of the metrics, one of which is strength of schedule.

If Illinois didn't have such a strong SOS, but still had an 8-15 record, they would be rated dub 100. That's what you are not getting.

So what, Illinois beat two ranked teams. Are any of those two wins on the road? They also lost 15 games, some of them to bad teams. Heck, a broken clock is right on the money twice a day, doesn't mean you should buy it.

Did Illinois lose to Florida Atlantic? That's a yes or no question.

Nevertheless, you're pumping an 8-15 team that is rated #71 on KenPom. You look like fool for trying to convince anyone that Illinois is a good team.

If this was a non BIG10 team we were talking about, you wouldn't be arguing this hard. You're simply a BIG10 homer that doesn't get the big picture.

Lastly, I will no longer waste my time talking about Illi-freaking-nois.
I'd like for you to go back about post 517 where I clearly said "By my eye, I feel like they look better than their record BUT still not good."

You need reading comprehension.

I'd like for you to go back about post 517 where I clearly said "By my eye, I feel like they look better than their record BUT still not good."

You need reading comprehension.
Ummm, who's the one that needs reading comprehension help?

How about you go back to post 410 and read.

Then there's this gem by you in post 413:

"Did you miss my last post? I just pointed out how Indiana and Illinois are better teams than you're giving them credit for."

Do you want to keep going or are you tired of getting proven wrong?

You literally said that Illinois and Indiana are better teams than I THINK and that's where you're wrong. They're exactly what I think they are. Both teams suck. They are what their records say they are.

Ummm, who's the one that needs reading comprehension help?

How about you go back to post 410 and read.

Then there's this gem by you in post 413:

"Did you miss my last post? I just pointed out how Indiana and Illinois are better teams than you're giving them credit for."

Do you want to keep going or are you tired of getting proven wrong?

You literally said that Illinois and Indiana are better teams than I THINK and that's where you're wrong. They're exactly what I think they are. Both teams suck. They are what their records say they are.
WTF does "better teams than you are giving them credit for" mean to you? Because to me they could still be bad, but better than you are making them out to be. That doesn't mean I think they are good. Again, reading comprehension.

Last edited:
be gentle guys. we all love each other.................
I can't handle the inability of these two to read and understand what I'm saying. They keep trying to claim that I think Illinois is good, when I've literally said the opposite multiple times.

They act as if all 8-15 teams will be on the same level.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I can't handle the inability of these two to read and understand what I'm saying. They keep trying to claim that I think Illinois is good, when I've literally said the opposite multiple times.

They act as if all 8-15 teams will all be on the same level.

You are apparently a product of the school that I wanted to go to.

I wanted to go to Purdue to major in chemistry.

I was a poor boy from Kentucky and to get a scholy from Purdue, an out-of-state school, I had to get a 96 percentile on the SAT.

I could not do that. I only got a 95.

So I had to got to the school that my parents could afford.

I love Purdue. That was the school of my choice.

JESUS CHRIST!!!! WTF does "better teams than you are giving them credit for" mean to you? Because to me they could still be bad, but better than you are making them out to bd. That doesn't mean I think they are good. Again, reading comprehension.
Well, you literally denied that you said "illinois is better than you're giving them credit for". I called you out on it by quoting your post and now you're getting mad about being called out.

You did say Illinois and Indiana were good teams, you did, but now you're denying it.

You literally said what you are saying you didn't say. If you don't understand that then I can't help you.

Reactions: RipThru
All I’ll say is that the committee definitely considers the B1G to be a very strong conference. Mich being #6 overall was expected, but they kept MSU at the 2 seed line despite their losses and ranked Purdue as the highest 3 seed, which were not expected (I thought it was going to be MSU as a 3 and Purdue the lowest 3 seed or even a high 4). Plus, they threw in Wisky to give the B1G a fourth team in their top 16.

All I’ll say is that the committee definitely considers the B1G to be a very strong conference. Mich being #6 overall was expected, but they kept MSU at the 2 seed line despite their losses and ranked Purdue as the highest 3 seed, which were not expected (I thought it was going to be MSU as a 3 and Purdue the lowest 3 seed or even a high 4). Plus, they threw in Wisky to give the B1G a fourth team in their top 16.

The committee knows nothing

Well, you literally denied that you said "illinois is better than you're giving them credit for". I called you out on it by quoting your post and now you're getting mad about being called out.

You did say Illinois and Indiana were good teams, you did, but now you're denying it.

You literally said what you are saying you didn't say. If you don't understand that then I can't help you.
Dude, just stop... you need to learn how to decipher what someone is saying. Saying, someone is better than you're giving them credit for, doesn't mean I'm saying they are good. You said they are garbage. There's a lot of room between garbage and good.

Dude, just stop... you need to learn how to decipher what someone is saying. Saying, someone is better than you're giving them credit for, doesn't mean I'm saying they are good. You said they are garbage. There's a lot of room between garbage and good.
Ha ha, you're lost. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: RipThru
If you want them to understand you, it will require you to become fluent in "tuckanese". I'd help you, but I'm still trying to master it.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Della you’re from Tennessee for god sakes I wouldn’t talk to much shit!Laughing
Tennessee Volunteer men have always been a rugged lot. They went out and kicked Mexico's ass and saved Texas. Remember the Alamo and the Battle of New Orleans, yeah, Tennessee Volunteer men going on the road to kick Evil's ass. Tennessee men can be a little rough, but they have had to be, our nation has needed a warrior class of people. (kinda like the Spartans of Greece) and Tennessee Volunteer men have risen to the occasion every time.

Regardless, Tennessee Volunteer men will be going on the road again this Saturday and woe be to the poor little Wildcats that will attempt to stand in their way.

So, Volunteer men can be a little rugged, but that is why God made Volunteer women to tame these men and make them sophisticated gentlemen enjoying the genteel life in times when they are not have to go out and kick somebody's ass.

Tennessee Volunteer men have always been a rugged lot. They went out and kicked Mexico's ass and saved Texas. Remember the Alamo and the Battle of New Orleans, yeah, Tennessee Volunteer men going on the road to kick Evil's ass. Tennessee men can be a little rough, but they have had to be, our nation has needed a warrior class of people. (kinda like the Spartans of Greece) and Tennessee Volunteer men have risen to the occasion every time.

Regardless, Tennessee Volunteer men will be going on the road again this Saturday and woe be to the poor little Wildcats that will attempt to stand in their way.

So, Volunteer men can be a little rugged, but that is why God made Volunteer women to tame these men and make them sophisticated gentlemen enjoying the genteel life in times when they are not have to go out and kick somebody's ass.

Was the Tennessee volunteer men anything like the Mayberry minute men?

Reactions: treyforuk
Just asking...But how has Herro been "miles better"? Their stats are similar. Reddish plays a different role than Herro. I like Tyler. But when his shot is off, he has zero impact on a game. Not the same with Reddish. Plus, matched up, I like Cam's ability defensively to slow down Herro, more than Herros ability to slow down Cam. Reddish is 3 inches taller, and weighs 20 more pounds.

I'd take Reddish. But now, if you give me a "hot" , on fire Herro---different story.

that is a very ignorant statement
have you not watched him play?
if you have and stand by that statement then i have to question your basketball IQ

Reactions: kyjeff1
Duke plays like they did tonight you might as well go ahead and hand it to em.

Duke plays like they did tonight you might as well go ahead and hand it to em.
tenor.gif

Hey Card, hold our beer.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

I love the state of Tennessee, it is only 38 miles down I-65 from me. Plus Tennessee is full of pretty girls.

The Tennessee boy had a lot of help at the Alamo from Kentucky and Ireland and the Battle of New Orleans the majority of the troops were from Kentucky, no brag just fact. Two thirds of all US soldiers killed in the War of 1812 were from Kentucky.

Reactions: Scotty00
I love the state of Tennessee, it is only 38 miles down I-65 from me. Plus Tennessee is full of pretty girls.

The Tennessee boy had a lot of help at the Alamo from Kentucky and Ireland and the Battle of New Orleans the majority of the troops were from Kentucky, no brag just fact. Two thirds of all US soldiers killed in the War of 1812 were from Kentucky.
We're all just glad you made it out alive, Bert.

ADVERTISEMENT