ADVERTISEMENT

Arrived in Maui today.

Yeah, made some mistakes late and then didn't make some decent looks from outside.

From what I've seen of San Diego State this year they seem way better on offense than usual, though that could not be accurate.

Fun to watch. The refs had a hard time with the speed and athleticism, but it looked like they called it poorly both ways.
I had a problem with the refs in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Changed how we play defense IMO. Our starting center got to play about 8 total minutes of the game and our back up had to play with 4 fouls the last 10 minutes. Frustrating when we didn’t even reach the bonus until very late.

That, combined with the fact that creighton was in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half and we really couldn’t contend the inside or outside the entire second half.

That said, a lot of those calls were legit, but I think they were quick to blow the whistle in a game that was being officiated very loose in the first half. Just be consistent.

I’ll still take the competitiveness from a young team this early and I think Creighton is really good. Black is going to be special. Add in Nick Smith and I think we may be really good. After the Texas loss, I was skeptical.

Just finished the game Ark/Creighton game, outstanding intensity. Black is the real deal (that pass at 16min mark 2half, ohhhh that's nasty).

Ark's length is going to be a problem. Creighton is superfun to watch. Their passing in on another level.

Over-all just a great great game. (refs was tight and got loose at the end).

Arkansas is going to cause teams fits. Probably frontrunner to win the SEC. Great length. ....Nick Smith is going to amplify it. \
Creighton has three guys who can seem to score at will. I always thought 3 pure scorers is all you need.

Both of those teams would blow UK's doors off right now. After watching that game and others both should move up in the rankings.

With that said, huge fan of both teams. Great game. Outstanding game.
Game of the year so far.

Absolutely fantastic game in Maui today. Creighton and Arkansas was one of the best games I’ve ever see in person. Black is absolutely ridiculous. Just needs to work on going to his left a bit more. You’re midget coach though needs to get his ass under control. He cost his team the game.

Looking forward to playing Zona in the Championship tomorrow.

The Maui schedule is weird.

5th place game: TT vs OSU @ 2:30
Championship: Creighton vs Arizona @ 5
Basement Battle: Louisville vs Cincinnati @ 7:30
3rd place game: Arky vs SDSU @ 10

Having the championship as the 2nd game of the day seems odd to me. Noon local and 5 EST. I understand not wanting it to be the last game being that the eastern time zone is the majority of the viewers and there won't be as many at 10 PM, but you'd figure it would be in the prime 7:30 slot at least (rather than the loser's bracket final).

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Having the championship as the 2nd game of the day seems odd to me. Noon local and 5 EST. I understand not wanting it to be the last game being that the eastern time zone is the majority of the viewers and there won't be as many at 10 PM, but you'd figure it would be in the prime 7:30 slot at least (rather than the loser's bracket final).
I think they have been doing it for a couple of years now. Back in 2018, when Zion was at Duke, they played Gonzaga at five for the finals..

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I think they have been doing it for a couple of years now. Back in 2018, when Zion was at Duke, they played Gonzaga at five for the finals..
I don't get it. Would love to hear their reasoning for having the title game at 5 and the last place game at 7:30.

Reactions: Noahtogo24

Seems weird for sure.

My reasoning would be most people aren’t working today or are only having half days. More eyes on TVs earlier in the day.
Most people don't take off the day before Thanksgiving (although many take Friday off to get that 4-day weekend). Either way there are more viewers between 7:30-9:30 compared to 5:00-7:00 no matter the day. That's why 8-11 is called prime time.

Most people don't take off the day before Thanksgiving (although many take Friday off to get that 4-day weekend). Either way there are more viewers between 7:30-9:30 compared to 5:00-7:00 no matter the day. That's why 8-11 is called prime time.
Well espn are no dummies. They obviously believe that the revenue is maximized by playing at this time. So idk what to tell you.

Well espn are no dummies. They obviously believe that the revenue is maximized by playing at this time. So idk what to tell you.
Creighton and Arizona were the late games yesterday too, so that sucks for them. It's especially brutal for Arizona considering they will be tipping off about 16 hours after their last game ended. Gonna be some tired legs for the 3rd game in 3 days with very little rest.

Arizona fans weren’t too excited that Tommy brought Ballo along. It’s amazing how much he’s developed.
Ya Arizona fans had no clue just how much of a better program Gonzaga was than Arizona at the time. Much closer/even now.

But Ballo was pretty raw back then. Non contributer for GU. Dude had the worst hands I’ve ever seen. Dropped every pass and fumbled every rebound. Clearly better now.

Reactions: englandnu
Great tourney for Arizona and a great comeback bid by Creighton. Both teams will be a tough out in March and I think they're both ranked too low right now.

Reactions: englandnu
ADVERTISEMENT