ADVERTISEMENT

Are you rooting for any bubble teams?

Monorojo

Nov 1, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Team
Ohio State
Besides those fans whose schools are on the bubble themselves, are you rooting for any specific teams on the bubble?

I have a soft spot in my heart for Georgetown having seen them play so often in the tourney when i was a kid.

What about you guys?

Besides those fans whose schools are on the bubble themselves, are you rooting for any specific teams on the bubble?

I have a soft spot in my heart for Georgetown having seen them play so often in the tourney when i was a kid.

What about you guys?

Is Ohio St a bubble team? Lived in Columbus for a while and the roommates made me semi....fans.

@Monorojo this wasn't a dig in anyway, I used to roommate with Rod, Andre and Troy Smith. I'm sure you probably know who all three are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monorojo
Yea, I feel sorry for OSU, I could pull for them. Hell, they have violations in both major sports recently. I have a soft spot in my heart for those guys

Reactions: Monorojo
Although they don’t deserve any sympathy and ultimately just need to get their heads out of the sand..... Come on Hoosiers Eyeroll

^ Yes Clemson, for sure. They've had some amazingly close losses.

I always like to see mid-majors get bids. I like Wofford, but in a way it would be kind of cool see them lose, so you get 2 SoCon teams (UNCG or Furman)... I think Utah State should be semi-safely in at this point. Then you have Saint Mary's, Furman, and Murray State which are all listed as the "First Four Out." Honestly, those three teams better just win their conference tournaments, cuz an at-lrage ain't happening. I would really like to see Ja Morant in the NCAA Tournament. I've only seen him play twice this year, but there's no denying that he's an electric player.

DePaul, projected now to be Joe Lunardi's First 50 out.

They're making steady improvements - won 6 conference games this year already, which matches the total from the previous two years. Bringing in some nice recruits + Carte'Are Gordon. And how about Max Strus dropping 43 on St.John's the other day? Kid can ball.

Also, you guys clearly have the most exuberant walk-on in the country. He's 1st Team All-Walk On in my book.

They're making steady improvements - won 6 conference games this year already, which matches the total from the previous two years. Bringing in some nice recruits + Carte'Are Gordon. And how about Max Strus dropping 43 on St.John's the other day? Kid can ball.

Also, you guys clearly have the most exuberant walk-on in the country. He's 1st Team All-Walk On in my book.

yep, I've been leading the Pantelis Xidias fan club for the last 2 years. No one wants to talk about the big controversy from last season though. Halfway through the year when it was obvious he was getting more publicity than the team itself I noticed that the rest of the year they took him off the bench and stuck him in the second row with the trainers and student managers. I'm sure Dave Leito didn't like the press that kid was getting and decided to punish him.

I was actually shocked that he was back on the team and back in his old spot on the bench.

When I bought tickets to the DePaul vs Nova game last year I made sure I had seats directly across the bench so I could watch him perform all game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Clemson has a solid team, but certainly not rooting for them, aside from acc affiliation.

yep, I've been leading the Pantelis Xidias fan club for the last 2 years. No one wants to talk about the big controversy from last season though. Halfway through the year when it was obvious he was getting more publicity than the team itself I noticed that the rest of the year they took him off the bench and stuck him in the second row with the trainers and student managers. I'm sure Dave Leito didn't like the press that kid was getting and decided to punish him.

I was actually shocked that he was back on the team and back in his old spot on the bench.

When I bought tickets to the DePaul vs Nova game last year I made sure I had seats directly across the bench so I could watch him perform all game.

I can understand and appreciate Leitao's concern that the coverage of a walk-on was overshadowing the rest of the team. But at the same time, wouldn't you want to promote your brand as much as possible? Glad that he was able to stay on the team. Should be really fun next year to see him cheer for what I anticipate will be a fairly solid DePaul team.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT