ADVERTISEMENT

Ant Man Edwards decides on Monday

Does Mark Fox have a Sweet 16 appearance in his career? What about an Elite 8? What about a Final 4? See yourself out.
You're right UGA is lucky to have someone of Crean's stature. Congrats on the homerun hire.

I'm personally really happy he's coaching in the SEC.

Last edited:
did he cancel his visit to FSU?

Not at this time. But Evan Daniels moving his crystal ball to UGA is pretty concerning.

Still, I suppose if we get him on campus we certainly have a chance.

Hearing that the FSU visit has been canceled. Great get, Dawg fans. I hope we get to watch Ant play in the NCAAT.

Reactions: GermantownDawg
35wS.gif

Evan Daniels cb’d georgia a few days ago and I stopped paying attention tbh. The only reason he’s still even listing Kentucky is so more than 4 people will watch his announcement.

Why? It’s not like he hasn’t recruited and coached big time talent and 5 stars in the past.
...and some went on to have successful careers.

His overall body of work tells a different story.

He couldn't succeed with a blue blood's resources. He's lived off of Wade his entire career.

I hope he makes UGA better than what they were under Fox, but I'm not expecting it. I'm thinking slightly less than what he did at IU.

...and some went on to have successful careers.

His overall body of work tells a different story.

He couldn't succeed with a blue blood's resources. He's lived off of Wade his entire career.

I hope he makes UGA better than what they were under Fox, but I'm not expecting it. I'm thinking slightly less than what he did at IU.

Seems about right.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What was Tom Crean's pitch? Was it something like, "I helped develop Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo into the stars they are today. I can do the same for you" ?

With a commitment from Anthony Edwards, Georgia will move up to #12 in the 2019 class rankings. Not bad, Crean. Not bad.

What was Tom Crean's pitch? Was it something like, "I helped develop Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo into the stars they are today. I can do the same for you" ?
It's like you were a fly on the wall.

"Georgia has the most momentum in the race with Edwards and while defeating FSU will be difficult, as will Kentucky, the Bulldogs have the chance to build their entire team around Edwards next season. Plus, I found it a bit intriguing that, whenever I spoke with Edwards last month, he said that he studied the games of Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo, two standout guards that each played for Tom Crean during their respective college days. Throw in that Crean hired two respected assistants that hail from the Peach State with strong connections throughout and I will have to side with the Bulldogs when it comes to Edwards revealing his commitment next Monday morning, despite the timing looking a bit off if it were to be Georgia."

Reactions: dukedevilz
It's like you were a fly on the wall.

"Georgia has the most momentum in the race with Edwards and while defeating FSU will be difficult, as will Kentucky, the Bulldogs have the chance to build their entire team around Edwards next season. Plus, I found it a bit intriguing that, whenever I spoke with Edwards last month, he said that he studied the games of Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo, two standout guards that each played for Tom Crean during their respective college days. Throw in that Crean hired two respected assistants that hail from the Peach State with strong connections throughout and I will have to side with the Bulldogs when it comes to Edwards revealing his commitment next Monday morning, despite the timing looking a bit off if it were to be Georgia."

I honestly haven't followed his recruitment very closely. Always thought he was a Florida State lock. But it makes sense that he puts a lot of trust in a coach that has developed two standout NBA guards.

Meh, no need to be salty about it. I'd take a sophomore Herro over him all day, so hopefully Tyler comes back. If not, UK will still be fine. I'm glad he's in the SEC, and not on Tennessee's team :)
I have a hard time thinking Herro, Quickley, and Hagans will be leaving this year. Add in Maxey and Whitney to replace Johnson and we're good.

Reactions: JimboBBN
...and yet they still won't factor much in the SEC standings next year.

I wouldn't expect an SEC Title from them, but a lot can change in a year. Iowa State was 4-14 last year and looks like the front runner for the Big 12 championship. LSU was .sub .500 in 2018, and they're a contender this year in the SEC. St.John's and Minnesota were 4-14 in conference play last year; both look like at-large teams.

I don't expect a top 10 team out of them, but with Hammonds, Claxton, and Crump a year older - plus two 4-star recruits to go with Edwards, you might have a solid team. Possibly borderline top 25. Hard to project, but they look semi-promising.

ADVERTISEMENT