ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one that thinks Duke

Duke has the GOAT coach and the best talent in the country. If you can't see them as a favorite to cut down the nets, you're absolutely potato. Sure, Duke has flaws but so does every other team. You can't just look at Duke's flaws in isolation. Do I think Duke will go undefeated? Definitely not. The ACC is too good and I doubt Duke will maintain the same level of intensity and motivation throughout the entire season. I doubt Duke will even be favored in every game this season. Plus, anything can happen in a single game elimination format. If the NCAA tourney was a best of 7 format, I'd put my entire Jew savings on Duke and laugh all the way to the bank.

There is another team
whoever plays virginia

Will not win the ACC or NCAA title?

They can't shoot, their best players need to get to the rim (spacing problems), and relying on 18 year olds in late February, early March never works out.

These aren't your average freshman imo.

No bait. Duke will be one of the most exciting teams to watch in recent memory. I've just been inundated with Duke champion talk, and I'm not seeing it.....at all

But you won't tell us who you ARE seeing......interesting

Will not win the ACC or NCAA title?

They can't shoot, their best players need to get to the rim (spacing problems), and relying on 18 year olds in late February, early March never works out.
giphy.gif

Reactions: tw3301
Free throw shooting is a legit concern right now....

Yeah I agree. Champion just doesn't mean best team.
I can agree---somewhat. Some years the best team doesn't win. Some years though, there are multiple, "best teams". I do believe one of the best teams, most years, wins the tournament.

I can agree---somewhat. Some years the best team doesn't win. Some years though, there are multiple, "best teams". I do believe one of the best teams, most years, wins the tournament.
And then there's UConn... Twice.

Making this the Duke/eastern Michigan game thread... My God that oop by Zion...

And then there's UConn... Twice.
True. But they weren't that bad either year. Fun fact: In 2011, UConn was 32-0 vs non-Big East teams. Six of their nine losses were to ranked teams. They beat #2 MSU, #9 UK in Maui. Then beat #12 Texas(@ TX). They were ranked 4th entering Big East play. Went 9-9 in a damn good conference; 6 teams in the Top 25. Two(ND and Pitt) in the Top 5.

They wasn't that bad. Not at all really. MOF, I'd argue they were anong some those "better teams". Yeah they had 9 losses. But look at 6 of those:

Louisville(2x). Once in 2 OT
Top 10 Notre Dame
Top 10 Pitt
Top 20 Syracuse
Top 20 St. John's.

Hell their worst loss was to Marquette. Who advanced to the SW 16.

Last edited:
True. But they weren't that bad either year. Fun fact: In 2011, UConn was 32-0 vs non-Big East teams. Six of their nine losses were to ranked teams. They beat #2 MSU, #9 UK in Maui. Then beat #12 Texas(@ TX). They were ranked 4th entering Big East play. Went 9-9 in a damn good conference; 6 teams in the Top 25. Two(ND and Pitt) in the Top 5.

They wasn't that bad. Not at all really.
They were 41-9?

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Duke up 42-9 with 4 minutes left in the first half.

The NBA 2k19 community is talking about Zion is going to break the game, because they will have to account for a guy of that weight able to jump and dunk like that, and people will exploit the hell out of it.

The NBA 2k19 community is talking about Zion is going to break the game, because they will have to account for a guy of that weight able to jump and dunk like that, and people will exploit the hell out of it.
It's going to look like NBA jam.

Reactions: TheDude1

It’s a real issue! :) Curry broke the **** out of this game, because they had to account for guys hitting crazy threes from deep, and now the game is nothing but sharpshooters shooting threes. It’s amazing how a single guy can have that sort of impact on something as unexpected as game/player design.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Have u guys caught the 7 year old in your neighborhood that was playing with the squirt gun??
I literally have no idea who you are. The fact you know anything about me is sad. Quit following me around Mr Madness.

Jesus, and now that hop step layup. He is an incredible talent. Like, jaw dropping.

I literally have no idea who you are. The fact you know anything about me is sad. Quit following me around Mr Madness.

Stay out of all Duke threads and you won't have to worry about it! You're nothing but a troll! You come to troll, I troll u harder! Got it???

I don't remember that team so I'm not sure if you're serious or ****ing with me.

Serious. The Cuse team with Wes Johnson was nuts. Jackson and Onuaku were unstoppable at the rim, Rautins was a 42% 3-point shooter, and the defense was one of Boeheim's best. If Onuaku didn't get hurt in the BET, Cuse would have steamrolled Butler.

1 seed in the tournament, too.

ADVERTISEMENT