ADVERTISEMENT

All-time Favorite Player(s) from your team?

Hopefully others will read through the nonsense and still answer.

Lot's of fans/bases have favorite players. Have lots of friends in real life that have favorites.

One on my favorite fans sends me Luke Maye fatheads every year for Christmas. I have a collection of them.

This brings me back.

Mark Aguire
Rod Strickland
Howard Nathan
Tommy Kleinschmidt (my drinking buddy in college)
David Booth
Quentin Richardson

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This brings me back.

Mark Aguire
Rod Strickland
Howard Nathan
Tommy Kleinschmidt (my drinking buddy in college)
David Booth
Quentin Richardson
What would you think about Strickland coming back in some coaching capacity. He has ties with Peevy.

Bsrnes is a better coach, UM pulls in more tallent.

Barnes doesn't want to play UM. Same as Pearl didn't.

Barnes knew the writing was on the wall. UM has more talent.

It's a lose lose for UT.Next year UM team will be better than the last.

UT will be worse.

What I'm getting at Barnes is trying to hold UT to a higher level,. If he played UM then it would take he down a notch. No one could blame him for not playi sn instate rival every year. UK does with UL, but UT won't.

*plus UT is gonna suck ass next year. Barnes knows this. Don't take my word for it, just watch.

PG: Sean Singletary, Ty Jerome, London Perrantes
SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Joe Harris, Kyle Guy
SF: De'Andre Hunter, Chris Williams, Justin Anderson
PF: Mike Scott, Travis Watson, Anthony Gill
C: Ralph Sampson, Jay Huff, Jack Salt

That entire core of Jon Scheyer, Brian Zoubek, Lance Thomas, Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler will always be tops for me. They won a championship and all showed incredible development over their years and they’re the last stand of the multi-year player Duke program that I miss.

Jason Williams and JJ Redick were the most exciting as a Duke fan, I think.

Newer would be Lawson and Pinson probably. Montross and Donald Williams in my younger days. Obviously there are older guys but going with who I watched heavilyz

Pearl is bring in a lot of great players. Are they alltime favorites?

I get it, Oscar is a favorite as well.

They're all-time favorites for me. I'd imagine many on the Auburn message board would have these players on their list also. There's a few others to pick from but at the end of the day, Auburn doesn't exactly have a long list of players from winning teams to choose from....or winning teams in general for that matter. We've only had 13 seasons in history with more than 20 wins. And most of those are from the Pearl era. I've always loved Auburn basketball. I was one of the few students that went to home games during Jeff Lebo's tenure from 2006 to 2009. It wasn't great, but we did have a solid season (by Auburn standards) in the 2008-09 season with a 24-12 record so that was fun. There were players on that team (Korvotney Barber, Dewayne Reed, Tay Waller, ect.) that would 100% be on my list if Bruce never came here. But he did and it's been awesome.

They're all-time favorites for me. I'd imagine many on the Auburn message board would have these players on their list also. There's a few others to pick from but at the end of the day, Auburn doesn't exactly have a long list of players from winning teams to choose from....or winning teams in general for that matter. We've only had 13 seasons in history with more than 20 wins. And most of those are from the Pearl era. I've always loved Auburn basketball. I was one of the few students that went to home games during Jeff Lebo's tenure from 2006 to 2009. It wasn't great, but we did have a solid season (by Auburn standards) in the 2008-09 season with a 24-12 record so that was fun. There were players on that team (Korvotney Barber, Dewayne Reed, Tay Waller, ect.) that would 100% be on my list if Bruce never came here. But he did and it's been awesome.
I have connections to Daymeon Fishback. I have had some really good conversations with his father. He simply beamed when talking about his son. He should have played at Kentucky but I don't even know if UK recruited him.

Plus, Daymeon has proved to be a better man than basketball player, but most of us South Central Kentucky boys are GOOD.

Easy to answer OP:

Kenny "Sky" Walker

Although Scott Padgett delivered the greatest "sports high" in my life with that 1998 dagger against Duke.

Shane Battier
Grant Hill

Both super smart, humble, talented, tough, and really represented Duke so very well off the court. They got what it meant to be a Duke student, far beyond the importance of basketball.

That entire core of Jon Scheyer, Brian Zoubek, Lance Thomas, Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler will always be tops for me. They won a championship and all showed incredible development over their years and they’re the last stand of the multi-year player Duke program that I miss.

LOVE that team; might be my favorite Duke team ever, actually.

And the most underrated Duke team of all time.

Bsrnes is a better coach, UM pulls in more tallent.

Barnes doesn't want to play UM. Same as Pearl didn't.

Barnes knew the writing was on the wall. UM has more talent.

It's a lose lose for UT.Next year UM team will be better than the last.

UT will be worse.

What I'm getting at Barnes is trying to hold UT to a higher level,. If he played UM then it would take he down a notch. No one could blame him for not playi sn instate rival every year. UK does with UL, but UT won't.

*plus UT is gonna suck ass next year. Barnes knows this. Don't take my word for it, just watch.
Memphis may not have a team next year. They are in big trouble. Penny won't survive.

If Barnes wants to avoid very talented teams what does Calipari want to do considering UT's OOC schedule is much more difficult that UK's.

If you're going to troll at least have a kernel of believability to it. That is something you should work on. 🙂

My favorite is either devonte graham or Steve wood berry. Although was fun watching pierce in college as well as collison.

My favorite great player at UK is Mashburn. The Unforgettables for obvious reasons. But I've always loved watching Dirk Minniefield, Gerald Fitch, and Erik Daniels.

My favorite great player at UK is Mashburn. The Unforgettables for obvious reasons. But I've always loved watching Dirk Minniefield, Gerald Fitch, and Erik Daniels.
I thought for sure good things were going to happen with Bogans and Prince. We know how that turned out.

Reactions: RipThru
This one is tough. So many good choices. My top 3 4:

1) Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson - Arguably the most dominant college basketball player in the last 30 years. The last NCAA player to average 30 and 10 in a season. Dude could do it all.

2) Robbie Hummel - Great player but even better person. To endure 2 torn ACLs and still have the attitude he's had speaks volumes. And he almost willed a woefully talent limited team to a win over a very good Kansas team in his last college game. It's not remotely surprising to me that media and fans alike see him as the next great play by play guy.

3) Chris Kramer/Brian Cardinal - Just dudes that embody the Purdue culture. Neither were the most talented but both could impose their will on opponents. It's rare to see a guard who could take over a game with his defense the way Kramer could. And Cardinal spent more time on the floor diving for loose balls than he was upright. It's the reason why he made $40MM in the NBA.

This one is tough. So many good choices. My top 3 4:

1) Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson - Arguably the most dominant college basketball player in the last 30 years. The last NCAA player to average 30 and 10 in a season. Dude could do it all.

He was the second best player in the country when he won NPOY.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Frank
Embiid
Manning
Pierce
Lafrentz
Drew Gooden
Brandon Rush
Remy Martin
Azubuike

Tayshaun Prince was my first favorite player. Of the Cal teams Ulis is though Oscar is making quite the run.

Since I’ve been alive and watching:
Francisco Garcia
Donovan Mitchell
Russ Smith
Terry Rozier
Montrezl Harrell
Pervis Ellison
Reece Gaines

ADVERTISEMENT