ADVERTISEMENT

All-time Favorite Player(s) from your team?

Favorites:

DaSean Butler
Kevin Jones
Juwan Staten
Deuce McBride
Sagaba Konate
Devin Ebanks
Tarik Phillip (ok player, but one of my all time favs)

Least favorite:

Oscar She-bwe 😉

Last edited:
Favorites:

DaSean Butler
Kevin Jones
Tarik Phillip

Least favorite:

Oscar She-bwe 😉
Hard to lose a NPOY. IIRC Davis didn't sweep the awards like Tshiebwe did. Plus he's coming back....and IIRC, can come back again.

Is it mismanaged, or just bad fit? The dude is excelling somewhere else.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Patrick Patterson for a different reason. I spent a couple of days with him. I was taking photos of the basketball camp. It was how he was to the kids. He also told me John Wall was committing. That's Greg White on the left. He coaches and does a lot of camps.

4616_1149272420057_4908397_n.jpg

4616_1149272340055_5341401_n.jpg

4616_1149272500059_3881539_n.jpg

3130_1125764592376_3166040_n.jpg

My lifetime:

1. Jared Harper
2. Chris Porter
3. Jabari Smith
4. Chuma Okeke
5. Doc Robinson

All-time:

1. Charles Barkley...obviously
Pearl is bring in a lot of great players. Are they alltime favorites?

I get it, Oscar is a favorite as well.

You've had a lot of great players.
Yeah, Illini basketball history is weird. Pretty much, in the "modern era" (however this board eventually defines that!), we have been largely VERY good in the regular season and then somewhat of a bust in the NCAAs. 2 Final Fours since 1987, but 4 #1 seeds and a TON of top 4 seeds mixed in there ... lot of great players mixed in there during those times.

However, the stretch from 2010 to 2019 was TRULY awful, lol. TWO NCAA Tournament appearances, and John Groce became the second Illini coach since World War I to not win at least one Big Ten title, lol. Dug such a deep hole that we're honestly still in the process of digging back out. Regular season success has returned, but still have to make a run in the Tourney. I'd be curious how many other programs have had eight separate coaches bring home a conference title, speaks to how self sustaining the program can be in competent hands. :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I don't think it so much a witty thing as a timing thing. 🙂

*nice edit...😃
sigh. adding to a post is bad.

see what I did there. You're focusing on posting habits instead of the topic. I do edit to correct or add. I guess that's a gotcha moment.

I just wanted to see who were folks favorite players. You AUhoosiered this thread.

I got sucked into the vortex. My bad.

*Thread is shit now. Thanks.

Curious to hear UNC/Duke fans. So many great players.

Hopefully they read through this mess.

sigh. adding to a post is bad.

see what I did there. You're focusing on posting habits instead of the topic. I do edit to correct or add. I guess that's a gotcha moment.

I just wanted to see who were folks favorite players. You AUhoosiered this thread.

I got sucked into the vortex. My bad.

*Thread is shit now. Thanks.
I think you have it wrong. I made the Sharpe joke and you got upset about it and started a tit for tat. Even after I answered the question as you wanted you still had your feathers ruffled and continued. I only mentioned the edits as it makes it harder to respond to a moving target, surely you can understand that.

I think you're overestimating the potential value this thread ever had by a wide margin, but I'll leave it for good so you can make it be all it can be. Just don't take any parting shots and post in peace. 🙂

I think you have it wrong. I made the Sharpe joke and you got upset about it and started a tit for tat. Even after I answered the question as you wanted you still had your feathers ruffled and continued. I only mentioned the edits as it makes it harder to respond to a moving target, surely you can understand that.

I think you're overestimating the potential value this thread ever had by a wide margin, but I'll leave it for good so you can make it be all it can be. Just don't take any parting shots and post in peace. 🙂
Thanks for telling me what I got perceived upset about. I'll work on that.

4ec466b425b51c906ca02f099e96e15d.jpg

My personal favorite is Frank Mason

But,
Raef LaFrentz
Scott Pollard
Jacque Vaughn
Nick Collison
Darnell Jackson
Thomas Robinson
Sherron Collins
Devonte Graham
Jeff Withey