ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/SEC challenge matchups....

I will stop calling you names when you stop making dumb post. You didnt fire Martin. He left. Pearl also wasnt fired for on court performance. apearl made Tennessee a place player wanted to go to and it certainly helped barnes also. had pearl had a coach like himself 5 years before at Auburn when he arrived he would have been much better off. elite 8 run in 2010, sweet 16 run in 2014. Auburn had none of those things.
He was run out of town cause he wasn't wanted. Pearl was 5 years gone, so he players were gone. Coaches gone and a losing season isn't a dream destination. Barnes was a draw to players just like pearl.

He was run out of town cause he wasn't wanted. Pearl was 5 years gone, so he players were gone. Coaches gone and a losing season isn't a dream destination. Barnes was a draw to players just like pearl.
again Tennesse aranding as a program was much higher when barnes took over at utk verses auburn for pearl. Recruits had seen tennesse have success. These refruits werenin diapers when auburn had last had success basically

houston doesnt have the issue of a SEC type football program though. Auburn never had phi slama jama or anything like that. Houston is also a huge market. Not a small town

It's a commuter school; that's terrible for recruiting when you see how dead the campus is compared to legitimate college towns. And Phi Slama Jama ended 18 years before Jamal Shead was even born.

You don't think Sampson could replicate Pearl's performance from the past decade?

Reactions: winin11
It's a commuter school; that's terrible for recruiting when you see how dead the campus is compared to legitimate college towns. And Phi Slama Jama ended 18 years before Jamal Shead was even born.

You don't think Sampson could replicate Pearl's performance from the past decade?
oh I think he could. I just think houston has some advantages for basketball. Indiana should have never fired sampson. Would have won a title there

Reactions: dukedevilz
again Tennesse aranding as a program was much higher when barnes took over at utk verses auburn for pearl. Recruits had seen tennesse have success. These refruits werenin diapers when auburn had last had success basically
Again, you just blabbing that doesn't make it so.

One fluke final four run at a power 5 school and he's forever God. LOL.
fluke? Being a Dumbass and ignorant is know way to go through life. who else has had to beat kansas, unc, and then kentucky in a row to get to a final 4? With Chuma we also destroyed UNC and KAnsas. Games werent close

fluke? Being a Dumbass and ignorant is know way to go through life. who else has had to beat kansas, unc, and then kentucky in a row to get to a final 4? With Chuma we also destroyed UNC and KAnsas. Games werent close

He had a 5 seed that got hot at the perfect time and hasn't come close before or since.

That's how you know you have a fluke on your hands. Hope this helps.

Imagine if Pearl had accomplished something like Stevens (back to back title game appearances at Butler).

His sweaty balls would literally never leave AuHoosier's mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan

And since that fluke run how many times have you been to the S16?

Hold on to that memory because 20 years from now that'll be your programs claim to fame.

Fact it...you just think Pearl's a god because Auburn's hired a lot of really shitty coaches.
could be. Tony Barbee was a as bad as it comes. When I was at Auburn you could buy basketball tickets at the door for like 2.00. Now their is a long weightlist for season tickets and you have to give a donation to buy them. This occured even before Pearl had won yet at Auburn. He is just a marketing genius. Pearlhas changed everything about the program

could be. Tony Barbee was a as bad as it comes. When I was at Auburn you could buy basketball tickets at the door for like 2.00. Now their is a long weightlist for season tickets and you have to give a donation to buy them. This occured even before Pearl had won yet at Auburn. He is just a marketing genius. Pearlhas changed everything about the program

Except for winning when it counts.

I already have. a team that went to a sweet 16 just 2 years prior to a coach being hired is in far better shape than a program that hadnt seen the tournament in 11 years
That makes no difference and I have told you so. Those players were all gone and UT was in disarray.

Eleven years and 90 years is irrelevant. The thing that makes a program is good players and a good coach and Auburn and UT had neither.

So, if you're going to continue with this line of thinking you need to explain how UT was better even though they have no elements to suggest they would even have a winning season.

That makes no difference and I have told you so. Those players were all gone and UT was in disarray.

Eleven years and 90 years is irrelevant. The thing that makes a program is good players and a good coach and Auburn and UT had neither.

So, if you're going to continue with this line of thinking you need to explain how UT was better even though they have no elements to suggest they would even have a winning season.
yes it does make a difference and I have told you many times you are flat out wrong

yes it does make a difference and I have told you many times you are flat out wrong
You are being an idiot. You have failed to tell how a team without any good players left off a team that went 16-16 with no post season is in a good situation. So, either do it or you lose.

UT exceeded Auburn last year and all those other years have no bearing. I could make a similar argument UT/bama. You sound like a UK fan.

However, My original comment was based on overall match-ups.
Dang, you got it bad. what a homer you are girl.

You are being an idiot. You have failed to tell how a team without any good players left off a team that went 16-16 with no post season is in a good situation. So, either do it or you lose.
I hace tokd you many times. You dont get to be the judge here. You will also always lose to me

I hace tokd you many times. You dont get to be the judge here. You will also always lose to me
You haven't explained it once how some team can get expected to be good without any players or solid coach.

Btw, how is Oats not on your list of coaches better than Pearl. He has been killing it even with complete roster turnover?

People like to preach the “if he can do this here, imagine what he’d do there” logic, but it rarely works out that way.

Remember when everybody said Calipari was going to win 10 titles at Kentucky? When it was said and done, he had slightly more success than at Memphis and regressed the last 5 years.

Plenty of coaches that reach the final four (at schools with far fewer resources than Auburn) fail to get back, even after landing gigs at top schools.

If anything, outside of 2019, Pearl has underachieved given the players he’s had at Auburn. He’s had plenty of talent and what, 1-2 tourney wins outside of that run? A losing season a few years ago.

You’re always slamming coaches with top talent for losing to lesser rosters. Why don’t you rip Pearl for getting bounced by Ivy League teams?

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995
People like to preach the “if he can do this here, imagine what he’d do there” logic, but it rarely works out that way.

Remember when everybody said Calipari was going to win 10 titles at Kentucky? When it was said and done, he had slightly more success than at Memphis and regressed the last 5 years.

Plenty of coaches that reach the final four (at schools with far fewer resources than Auburn) fail to get back, even after landing gigs at top schools.

If anything, outside of 2019, Pearl has underachieved given the players he’s had at Auburn. He’s had plenty of talent and what, 1-2 tourney wins outside of that run? A losing season a few years ago.

You’re always slamming coaches with top talent for losing to lesser rosters. Why don’t you rip Pearl for getting bounced by Ivy League teams?

He's going to claim he never said that.

ADVERTISEMENT