ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/SEC challenge matchups....

I don't know who hunert davis is but you acting like Pearl is doing something amazing in Auburn and I guess to Auburn fans he is when the bar is set that low.
again north carolina fans would be on cloud 9 had you won 4 conference football titles and made the playoff

if Duke's football program lost in first round of ncaa football playoffs or in 2nd round 2 years in a row he would get a massive raise. Thats basically the equivalent of pearl. Sorry this goes above your head

If College Basketball limited the playoffs (NCAA Tournament) to 4 teams, Pearl would have exactly 0 tournament appearances in basketball. Otherwise, it's a lovely analogy.

If College Basketball limited the playoffs (NCAA Tournament) to 4 teams, Pearl would have exactly 0 tournament appearances in basketball. Otherwise, it's a lovely analogy.
thats incorrect. you arent good at this at all. No wonder you couldnt get into Duke or any legit school for that matter

It'll be nice but since it's not happening I'm not going to make excuses like you.
Auburn has made a final 4 (stolen title) and won a national title in football in the last 15 years. I dont have to make excuses for either

Prove me wrong.
When has the SEC winner ever got left out of a final 4 thats selected by a committee? in 2019 and 2023 Auburn was the SEC tourney champ. Thus an automatic bid to playoff. You are the one that equated this to a football selection committee. I am guessing you thought using AP rankings would be how the teams were selected. Sorry no go.

When has the SEC winner ever got left out of a final 4 thats selected by a committee? in 2019 and 2023 Auburn was the SEC tourney champ. Thus an automatic bid to playoff. You are the one that equated this to a football selection committee. I am guessing you thought using AP rankings would be how the teams were selected. Sorry no go.

Do you know who the committee would select for a 4-team playoff in basketball? Probably the 4 teams that were all #1 seeds. You know, because they were selected by a committee, after all. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Blueheart32
Do you know who the committee would select for a 4-team playoff in basketball? Probably the 4 teams that were all #1 seeds. You know, because they were selected by a committee, after all. 😂😂😂😂
no because stipulations would be different. You think the big ten and SEC are allowing for a possibility that their winner wouldnt get in? You forgetting that the SEC and Big Ten run shit?

no because stipulations would be different. You think the big ten and SEC are allowing for a possibility that their winner wouldnt get in? You forgetting that the SEC and Big Ten run shit?

This is a dumb stipulation on so many levels. It doesn't even merit a response from me.

This is a dumb stipulation on so many levels. It doesn't even merit a response from me.
may be dumb to you but its accurate. Did you not aee the guarantees the SEC and big ten just got for the football playoff?

may be dumb to you but its accurate. Did you not aee the guarantees the SEC and big ten just got for the football playoff?

Cool. That's with a 12-team playoff. When did they ever guarantee that with a 4-team playoff? Again, this comparison is dumb.

The 2008 Final Four had 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four: UNC, Kansas, Memphis, UCLA

Under the SEC-Big Ten Tournament Champ automatic qualifier proposal, we'll have to bump UNC or UCLA in favor of '08 UGA. That Georgia team won 4 games in Atlanta to qualify as a 14 seed in the tournament with an overall record of 17-16.... I'm sure that inclusion would go over well with the public.

Duke didnt want a team thats never been to a final 4
UT has outperformed Auburn in the last two years and the Vols beat them in the NCAA. UT is a much bigger program than Auburn, so if you ask the Duke fans they would probably choose UT.

Reactions: Blueheart32
The 2008 Final Four had 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four: UNC, Kansas, Memphis, UCLA

Under the SEC-Big Ten Tournament Champ automatic qualifier proposal, we'll have to bump '08 Georgia in favor of who? UNC or UCLA? That Georgia team won 4 games in Atlanta to qualify as a 14 seed in the tournament with an overall record of 17-16.... I'm sure that inclusion would go over well with the public.
c

Under the SEC-Big Ten Tournament Champ automatic qualifier proposal, we'll have to bump UNC or UCLA in favor of '08 UGA. That Georgia team won 4 games in Atlanta to qualify as a 14 seed in the tournament with an overall record of 17-16.... I'm sure that inclusion would go over well with the public.
Florida st. just win undefeated in football and got left out. Any other questions?

UT has outperformed Auburn in the last two years and the Vols beat them in the NCAA. UT is a much bigger program than Auburn, so if you ask the Duke fans they would probably choose UT.
tennessee is not a bigger program. Auburn again has more sec titles than tennessee in last 10 years

Florida st. just win undefeated in football and got left out. Any other questions?

If you think the FSU(injured QB)/Alabama CFP debate was in any way comparable to '08 Georgia and '08 UCLA in basketball, then you're batsh*t crazy.

Terrible comparison, and we all know the real reason why FSU was left out. Just log off and try again tomorrow Chief.
the real reason is the acc is second rate and the SEC runs shit. Dont worry UNC is going to be in the SEC or Big 10 soon

the real reason is the acc is second rate and the SEC runs shit. Dont worry UNC is going to be in the SEC or Big 10 soon

Staying on topic is hard for you I see but if I was an Auburn hoops fan I'd be envious of the top programs too.

I'm sure you have a lot more excuses on why Auburn basketball/Pearl haven't done anything in March since your only FF appearance.

Staying on topic is hard for you I see but if I was an Auburn hoops fan I'd be envious of the top programs too.

I'm sure you have a lot more excuses on why Auburn basketball/Pearl haven't done anything in March since your only FF appearance.
Auburn has been to the same amount of final 4's in last 5 seasons as unc. No sure what your point is here

tennessee is not a bigger program. Auburn again has more sec titles than tennessee in last 10 years
UT is the much more successful athletic program. Tennessee is the SEC All Sports title holder for the last three years. In CBB UT's arena is twice as big as Auburn"s.

UT is the much more successful athletic program. Tennessee is the SEC All Sports title holder for the last three years. In CBB UT's arena is twice as big as Auburn"s.
Auburn was won a more recent football national title. Also played for another . We hold a head to head record in football over Tennessee all time. Been to a final 4. Basketball we have been just as good if not better over the last 10 years. Also have a winning record against Tennessee in basketball in that time period. The size of your arena is not due to your mens basketball team. Thanks Pat.

Auburn was won a more recent football national title. Also played for another . We hold a head to head record in football over Tennessee all time. Been to a final 4. Basketball we have been just as good if not better over the last 10 years. Also have a winning record against Tennessee in basketball in that time period. The size of your arena is not due to your mens basketball team. Thanks Pat.
Barnes has taken UT to the NCAA more than Pearl has taken Auburn with a year less to do it in. Tennessee has more SEC and NCAA titles than Auburn. Tennessee has had more combined attendance in the last two years in CBB, WCBB, and CFB than ANYONE in the country peewee. Needless to say UT men's CBB has way more attendance than Auburn. Tennessee Men's Baseball is currently #1 and in Omaha for the 3 time in 4 years. Again, UT is the All Sports SEC title holder for the last three years.

Barnes has taken UT to the NCAA more than Pearl has taken Auburn with a year less to do it in. Tennessee has more SEC and NCAA titles than Auburn. Tennessee has had more combined attendance in the last two years in CBB, WCBB, and CFB than ANYONE in the country peewee. Needless to say UT men's CBB has way more attendance than Auburn. Tennessee Men's Baseball is currently #1 and in Omaha for the 3 time in 4 years. Again, UT is the All Sports SEC title holder for the last three years.
again in the two sports that matter most you are not ahead of Auburn

again in the two sports that matter most you are not ahead of Auburn
Again, UT has out performed Auburn in CBB since Pearl and Barnes were there. UT has outperformed Auburn in CFB in overall titles SEC and NCAA and in the last few years and generates way more money than Auburn. In college baseball it is a landslide UT win as well as WCBB.

Again, UT has out performed Auburn in CBB since Pearl and Barnes were there. UT has outperformed Auburn in CFB in overall titles SEC and NCAA and in the last few years and generates way more money than Auburn. In college baseball it is a landslide UT win as well as WCBB.
wtf? you have not outperformed us. Pearl has more sec titles than barnes at tennesee has. so Also has a winning record against barnes. also been to a final 4. so no outperforming. Auburn has also made more in football. Tennessee has only beaten Auburn one time in football in last 20 seasons See link for revenue

wtf? you have not outperformed us. Pearl has more sec titles than barnes at tennesee has. so Also has a winning record against barnes. also been to a final 4. so no outperforming. Auburn has also made more in football. Tennessee has only beaten Auburn one time in football in last 20 seasons See link for revenue

Barnes has taken UT to the NCAA more than Pearl has and in less time. Barnes was COY and Pearl was not. Aside from one FF, y'all haven't done much in 11 years. Barnes has S16 and E8.

Barnes has taken UT to the NCAA more than Pearl has and in less time. Barnes was COY and Pearl was not. Aside from one FF, y'all haven't done much in 11 years. Barnes has S16 and E8.
again sec titles and head to head are more indicative than a single elimination tourney. a COY? a media popularity contest? LMAo good lord.

again sec titles and head to head are more indicative than a single elimination tourney. a COY? a media popularity contest? LMAo good lord.
Good to know. Barnes has more NCAA tourney wins than Pearl while they have been at UT and Auburn. COY is only given to outstanding coaches.

michael-jackson-haha.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Good to know. Barnes has more NCAA tourney wins than Pearl while they have been at UT and Auburn. COY is only given to outstanding coaches.
pearl won the SEC in 2018 and was the 1 seed in the sec tourney and auburn hadnt been in the ncaa tourney at that point in 15 years and he wasnt named coy. Irrelevant award. You are completely full of shit and dumb. barnes has a losing record again Pearl at Tennessee. Case closed. keep bringing it though. I beat you the last time you kept this BS going

pearl won the SEC in 2018 and was the 1 seed in the sec tourney and auburn hadnt been in the ncaa tourney at that point in 15 years and he wasnt named coy. Irrelevant award. You are completely full of shit and dumb. barnes has a losing record again Pearl at Tennessee. Case closed. keep bringing it though. I beat you the last time you kept this BS going
Barnes has more NCAA tourney wins that Pearl and has had a year less to do it. Barnes inherited a crap team too, so shut up about Auburn being down, they were both down. COY is awarded to excellence in coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT