ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/SEC challenge matchups....

wtf? This was about tennessee. barnes has never won in Auburn. why are you posting?
You're still wrong, it's about tv money and Auburn isn’t drawing shit.
If UK didn’t already have duke in the champions classic, it would he UK vs Duke in Cameron.
So what's surely going to happen is Duke will be at Rupp next year and UK will travel to Duke the year after. Like I said, it's about what draws the viewers, not what you did 3 years ago.

You're still wrong, it's about tv money and Auburn isn’t drawing shit.
If UK didn’t already have duke in the champions classic, it would he UK vs Duke in Cameron.
So what's surely going to happen is Duke will be at Rupp next year and UK will travel to Duke the year after. Like I said, it's about what draws the viewers, not what you did 3 years ago.
It may be the battle of the tiny venues? Duke holds like 5 or 6 people and Auburn holds 4 or 5.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Auburn at Duke. Finally kentucky gets relegated in these challenges

I mean, they lost in the Round of 64 and are playing a team that was in the Elite 8. Clemson loses PJ Hall, but bring back plenty of talent. Not a bad matchup at all. Clemson has a great shot at being in the top 5 of the league.

Is Littlejohn Coliseum a dump?

I wouldn't say that at all. Is it a top 10 arena? No, but it's still a great atmosphere for college basketball. Not a bad seat in the house there. And it's always rocking when a blue blood comes town.

Auburn at Duke. We all want to know, who is the best Jewish coach in America?
I mean one guy actually started at the bottom in the coaching ranks and has grinded his way up. The other started on third base in the coaching grind :)

I’ll gladly take a matchup with Clemson for a change. UK always plays KU or Duke when they are Final Four bound that year, but we never seem to catch them when it’s our year . . . But then again, it hasn’t been our year for 5-6 years in a row. :confused:

If Cal was still at UK I’d have to say Clemson is FF-bound!

I’ll gladly take a matchup with Clemson for a change. UK always plays KU or Duke when they are Final Four bound that year, but we never seem to catch them when it’s our year . . . But then again, it hasn’t been our year for 5-6 years in a row. :confused:

If Cal was still at UK I’d have to say Clemson is FF-bound!

KU played the 2015 Kentucky team with one of Self's weakest rosters. Also had to play the 2012 team twice.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
KU played the 2015 Kentucky team with one of Self's weakest rosters. Also had to play the 2012 team twice.
0625109a-133b-43a7-b2bc-f03cc9ab6c58_text.gif

I mean one guy actually started at the bottom in the coaching ranks and has grinded his way up. The other started on third base in the coaching grind :)

Scheyer began coaching when he was 26. Bruce Pearl was an associate head coach at Stanford when he was 23. He would have been given a head coaching job at a power school much sooner if not for that Deon Thomas fiasco.

Winner takes on Florida.

Forgot about Golden. Though, he still hasn't won a game in the tournament.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Scheyer began coaching when he was 26. Bruce Pearl was an associate head coach at Stanford when he was 23. He would have been given a head coaching job at a power school much sooner if not for that Deon Thomas fiasco.

Forgot about Golden. Though, he still hasn't won a game in the tournament.
Scheyer got a top 3 D1 coaching job as his first head coaching job. Pearls first head job was a d2 school and he won a national titl there which got him a D1 job

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
And he's done a great job with it.
Basically about to win a national title, yes.

giphy.gif
pretty mighty talk for a coach that just lost back to back games against nc state. what Pearl has done at USI, UW Milwaukee, Tennessee, and now Auburn is far more impressive than what a sheyer can do. He is at a school that gives everything to basketball

pretty mighty talk for a coach that just lost back to back games against nc state. what Pearl has done at USI, UW Milwaukee, Tennessee, and now Auburn is far more impressive than what a sheyer can do. He is at a school that gives everything to basketball

lol Pearl has been at Auburn for 10 years and has advanced past the first weekend once.

lol Pearl has been at Auburn for 10 years and has advanced past the first weekend once.
Auburn hadnt made the nccaa tournament in 11 years when pearl took over. dumb comparison by you. Let scheyer go coach a place that had never supported basketball and see how he does

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
dumb comparison by you. Let scheyer go coach a place that had never supported basketball and see how he does

I wasn't comparing the two schools. I was stating the fact that Pearl has only made the Sweet 16 once during his 10 year tenure at Auburn. That's not very good for a school that actually does invest a lot of money into basketball. Pearl was the 4th highest paid coach in CBB last year.

2024-Coaches-Salaries.png

I wasn't comparing the two schools. I was stating the fact that Pearl has only made the Sweet 16 once during his 10 year tenure at Auburn. That's not very good for a school that actually does invest a lot of money into basketball. Pearl was the 4th highest paid coach in CBB last year.

2024-Coaches-Salaries.png
LOL. You think pearl was getting the money he gets now for basketball when he arrived? Good lord.

Auburn hadnt made the nccaa tournament in 11 years when pearl took over. dumb comparison by you. Let scheyer go coach a place that had never supported basketball and see how he does

That's a dumb ass take, let Scheyer go to a place that supports basketball, damn dude. You ran your mouth about Pearl after you went to your only FF a few years ago and since then he hasn't done anything. How many times does he have to miss the tournament or lose their first round game for you to see that he isn't all that as a coach?

That's a dumb ass take, let Scheyer go to a place that supports basketball, damn dude. You ran your mouth about Pearl after you went to your only FF a few years ago and since then he hasn't done anything. How many times does he have to miss the tournament or lose their first round game for you to see that he isn't all that as a coach?
again trust fund coaches like hubert davis and jon scheyer could never win conference titles at Auburn like pearl has. Sorry winning at programs that the media caters as well as everyone else is not impressive. Sorry

He got a new contract after the 2019 run. He was the 11th highest paid coach in 2019-20. And he's won two tournament games since then. So, yes, "far more impressive than Scheyer" as you say.
He is. You think auburn pays players at the level duke is? zion case pretty much showed what duke was willing to spend for basketball players

He is. You think auburn pays players at the level duke is? zion case pretty much showed what duke was willing to spend for basketball players
also one off ncaa tourney games is a dumb point. Pearl was won two sec titles since the final 4 run also. Scheyer again is not doing this at a place like Auburn

also one off ncaa tourney games is a dumb point. Pearl was won two sec titles since the final 4 run also. Scheyer again is not doing this at a place like Auburn

lol so Bruce Pearl has had a top 5/10 salary for multiple years. If Auburn does well, it's because Pearl is an amazing coach. If he doesn't, it's because they're not funded like other schools and can't compete.

Do you need a tissue?

giphy.gif

lol so Bruce Pearl has had a top 5/10 salary for multiple years. If Auburn does well, it's because Pearl is an amazing coach. If he doesn't, it's because they're not funded like other schools and can't compete.

Do you need a tissue?

giphy.gif
again what has jon scheyer done thats equivalent of getting a school like to Auburn to a final 4? Maybe if you were a duke grad actually you would understand

again trust fund coaches like hubert davis and jon scheyer could never win conference titles at Auburn like pearl has. Sorry winning at programs that the media caters as well as everyone else is not impressive. Sorry

You always have a gang of excuses on why Auburn can't win consistently then try to shit on others to make your argument. How many first round exits/missed tourneys do you need to see?

Bottom line is since that FF run you haven't done anything, I wonder why....

You always have a gang of excuses on why Auburn can't win consistently then try to shit on others to make your argument. How many first round exits/missed tourneys do you need to witness to see this?

Bottom line is since that FF run you haven't done anything, I wonder why....
Auburn basketball has exceeded expectation levels under pearl. again 11 years without a tourney appearance. Meanwhile scheyer and davis got hired at programs thats its title or bust.

Fixed your last statement with a gif. You're welcome.
if Duke's football program lost in first round of ncaa football playoffs or in 2nd round 2 years in a row he would get a massive raise. Thats basically the equivalent of pearl. Sorry this goes above your head

So it's UNC's fault for providing a winning culture for 60 years?
not at all. Thats not what we are talking about. The point is that guys like Jon scheyer and hubert davis would struggle if they got their first head coaching iob at a place that historically didnt do much in basketball

not at all. Thats not what we are talking about. The point is that guys like Jon scheyer and hubert davis would struggle if they got their first head coaching iob at a place that historically didnt do much in basketball

That has nothing to do with Pearl/Auburn sucking, again you sound like a jealous little kid.

That has nothing to do with Pearl/Auburn sucking, again you sound like a jealous and scorned teenager.
WTF? How's pearl sucking? 4 sec titles, 5 tourney appearances, a final 4 at a place that had only been in 1 ncaa tourney in the 18 years before pearl got us there. How dumb are you? Again hubert davis nor jon scheyer could do this at Auburn

WTF? How's pearl sucking? 4 sec titles, 5 tourney appearances, a final 4 at a place that had only been in 1 ncaa tourney in the 18 years before pearl got us there. How dumb are you? Again hunert davis nor jon scheyer could do this at Auburn

I don't know who hunert davis is but you acting like Pearl is doing something amazing in Auburn and I guess to Auburn fans he is when the bar is set that low.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
I can't see why Duke drew Auburn unless Sweet Baby Ray's is sponsoring the game. This should have been UT vs Duke as UT was in the NCAA and knocked out Duke the year before, so there could be a revenge factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT