ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

That was my concern with Louisville. They're deep and reasonably talented. But, not sure they have a clear-cut star who could merit 1st Team All-Conference or HM All-American type honors.

But, plenty of basketball pundits were talking about Withers. He still might have the highest ceiling on the team.
Yea but withers has been soooooo disappointing. Plus we dont really have another true four, although cross/williamson/davis all can play the 3 or 4, but withers should log 30 mpg imo. He was literally better last year, williamson was too for that matter. Williamson only played 4 mins last game, and its purely bc cross and davis are totally outplaying him.

Sometimes those HS accolades and high rankings are the worst thing to happen to a kid imo.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Bout to round into all american based on his domination of the glass imo

My 4th round pick (Marcus Sasser) done for the year.

Colossal loss. He was having a monster season. Might have been good enough to land on one of the All-American teams. Was the best playing in the AAC from the first half of the season, at least.

Feel bad for Houston. They were looking Final Four good, and now they have an ultra thin guard lineup without the services of Marcus Sasser and Tramon Mark.

Bout to round into all american based on his domination of the glass imo

Yep. If season ended today, he would be an easy pick for 1st Team All-American. Fun watching him snag all those boards. He's a load to handle!

If I drafted a JV team, it might look like this:

Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State
Justin Powell, Tennessee
Justice Sueing, Ohio State
Teddy Allen, New Mexico State
Wendell Moore, Duke
Vince Williams, VCU
Julian Strawther, Gonzaga
Peyton Watson, UCLA
Mark Sears, Ohio
Jalen Ray, Hofstra
Jordan Hall, Saint Joseph's
John-Michael Wright, High Point

Wendell Moore. Unfreaking believable. Was debating between Manny Bates and Wendell Moore for my final pick. Ultimately thought Bates was as close to a lock to win ACC Defensive POY as you could come. Was thinking Wendell Moore was more like a 2nd Team All-Conference pick, but with an improved team, he could be very valuable. Of course Bates goes down with a season-ending injury one minute into the season lol.... and I miss out on someone who looks every bit the part of an All-American.

SchoolGMPFG%2P%3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
Duke1231.5.586.678.4132.43.3.7251.14.45.55.01.40.11.81.317.0

Among players that were drafted, here are the leaders in Win Shares. I'm only looking at the top 12 conferences, so I might be missing a few...

Kendric Davis, SMU, MGC_07, 3.6
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, GE Nole, 3.3
Keegan Murray, Iowa, Noahtogo24, 3.2
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana, dukedevilz, 3.1
Alex Barcello, BYU, WojoRising, 3.1
Jamaree Bouyea, San Francisco, MGC_07, 3.0
Iverson Molinar, Mississippi State, FaithPlusOne, 2.6
Darius Days, LSU, WeAreDePaul, 2.6
Gaige Prim, Missouri State, Jaycg15, 2.6
Ochai Agbaji, Kansas, JimboBBN, 2.5
Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga, WojoRising, 2.5
Collin Gillespie, Villanova, WeAreDePaul, 2.5
RJ Cole, UConn, WeAreDePaul, 2.5
Marcus Sasser, Houston, WeAreDePaul, 2.5 (Out for Season)
Timmy Allen, Texas, Jaycg15, 2.4
Jaden Ivey, Purdue, boilerzz, 2.4
TyTy Washington, Kentucky, Jaycg15, 2.4
Jabari Smith, Auburn, dukedevilz, 2.4
Isaiah Mobley, USC, WojoRising, 2.4
Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona, dukedevilz, 2.4
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech, Jaycg15, 2.4
Armando Bacot, UNC, WeAreDePaul, 2.4
Kenneth Lofton, Louisiana Tech, boilerzz, 2.4

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Colossal loss. He was having a monster season. Might have been good enough to land on one of the All-American teams. Was the best playing in the AAC from the first half of the season, at least.

Feel bad for Houston. They were looking Final Four good, and now they have an ultra thin guard lineup without the services of Marcus Sasser and Tramon Mark.

Yep. If season ended today, he would be an easy pick for 1st Team All-American. Fun watching him snag all those boards. He's a load to handle!
I think we can all agree that i was gonna win this thing till that happened. Can't replace an AA in this league and expect to do well.

I think we can all agree that i was gonna win this thing till that happened. Can't replace an AA in this league and expect to do well.

I was ready to write you in as the champion, with a pen. Some lucky bastard is going to profit off of the demise of your team.

Johnny Davis really went undrafted?

Yep. To be fair, I posted 6 different lists of top 100 preseason players by basketball pundits, and he wasn't ranked on a single one.

Also, he was arguably the least productive USA player at the U19 World Championships. 4 ppg and 32% from the floor. I was considering him for my top 150, but thought otherwise after the U19 play.

And as mentioned by another poster, this happens every year. Trae Young, Keita Bates-Diop, Luke Maye (in 2019), Luka Garza (in 2020), Malachi Flynn, Filip Petrusev, Hunter Dickinson, Chris Duarte, Herb Jones. I think we actually drafted all 15 All-Americans in 2019, so I'll say that year was the one exception.

So who has the most Midseason Wooden Watch List guys?

NameSchoolConferenceHeightClassPosition
Max AbmasOral RobertsSummit League6-0Jr.G
Ochai AgbajiKansasBig 126-5Sr.G
James AkinjoBaylorBig 126-1Sr.G
Paolo BancheroDukeACC6-10Fr.F
Izaiah BrockingtonIowa StateBig 126-4Sr.G
Kofi Cockburn*IllinoisBig Ten7-0Jr.C
Johnny DavisWisconsinBig Ten6-5SophG
Hunter Dickinson*MichiganBig Ten7-1SophC
Zach EdeyPurdueBig Ten7-4SophC
Collin GillespieVillanovaBig East6-3Sr.G
Chet HolmgrenGonzagaWCC7-0Fr.C
Jaden IveyPurdueBig Ten6-4SophG
Trayce Jackson-DavisIndianaBig Ten6-9Jr.F
Jaime Jaquez Jr.UCLAPac-126-7Jr.G/F
Johnny JuzangUCLAPac-126-7Jr.G
E.J. LiddellOhio StateBig Ten6-7Jr.F
Bennedict MathurinArizonaPac-126-6SophG
Isaiah MobleyUSCPac-126-10Jr.F
Wendell Moore Jr.DukeACC6-5Jr.F
Keegan MurrayIowaBig Ten6-8SophF
David RoddyColorado StateMountain West6-6Jr.F
Jabari SmithAuburnSEC6-10Fr.F
Drew Timme*GonzagaWCC6-10Jr.F
Oscar TshiebweKentuckySEC6-9Jr.F
Trevion WilliamsPurdueBig Ten6-10Sr.F

So who has the most Midseason Wooden Watch List guys?

Looks like I have a bit of an edge. 7 of the posters have 2 players on the Midseason Watch. Hail is the only poster without a player on the Wooden Watch.

dukedevilz (5)
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona
David Roddy, Colorado State
Jabari Smith, Auburn

FaithPlusOne (2)
Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
Trevion Williams, Purdue

JimboBBN (2)
Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
Drew Timme, Gonzaga

Noahtogo24 (2)
Paolo Banchero, Duke
Keegan Murray, Iowa

GE Nole (2)
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

boilerzz (2)
Zach Edey, Purdue
Jaden Ivey, Purdue

WojoRising (2)
Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
Isaiah Mobley, USC

duckboy33 (2)
EJ Liddell, Ohio State
James Akinjo, Baylor

MGC_07 (1)
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois

WeAreDePaul (1)
Collin Gillespie, Villanova

Jaycg15 (1)
Johnny Juzang, UCLA

Not Drafted:
Izaiah Brockington, Iowa State
Johnny Davis, Wisconsin
Wendell Moore, Duke

If Bates got injured in the preseason, instead of 1 minute in the regular, I would have taken Wendell Moore in Round 12.

Last edited:
I know two is probably drop right off the bat, but not really so sure about the other.

I’d be fine with just keeping everyone and taking the top 9 at the end. Because, well, I’m lazy. But if we have to make choices soon I guess I don’t have much of a choice.

I thought we decided we were dropping 7. :)

Seriously tho, I think we decided to drop 3.

I’d we fine if we just had a system where everybody just auto dropped their top 3 to end the year.

Yeah, still dropping players. I've been a bit behind in everything. Was wanting to post cumulative stats on everyone, but let's go ahead and say two weeks from today is the deadline.

Even if you don't like UK, take the time to watch this young man work.

Once he gets to the pro's, everyone will like him on both levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Alright, everyone. Been super slow on getting this out. Time to lock down on 9 players. Let me know which 3 players you're going to drop. If I don't hear back from you within the next week, I'll drop the three lowest in Win Shares (labeled as WS on the stats below).

@JimboBBN @WojoRising @Noahtogo24 @MGC_07 @Jaycg15 @GE Nole @hailtoyourvictor @WeAreDePaul @duckboy33 @boilerzz @FaithPlusOne

Jimbo-Wojo-Stats.png

Noah-MGC-Stats.png
Jaycg-GE-Nole-Stats.png

hail-duke-stats.png
De-Paul-duckboy-stats.png
boilerzz-Faith-Stats.png

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT