ADVERTISEMENT

5 teams in 2018-2019 season you are most intrigued by

They're All Americans in @CardinalBoiler mind!!! All that counts apparently. LMAO.

Have to go back something like 40 seasons before Purdue reaches 6 all americans.
It's also funny that he was trying to imply Purdue has a ton of All Americans and IU doesnt, but he didnt realize that in the last 10 years IU has 5 AP All-americans compared to Purdue's 3...

It's also funny that he was trying to imply Purdue has a ton of All Americans and IU doesnt, but he didnt realize that in the last 10 years IU has 5 AP All-americans compared to Purdue's 3...
and if you go back any further, it becomes lop-sided as hell

Didn't imply anything about IU. But just to clarify, we're only counting AP teams?

And 2008 was 11 seasons ago. You should be able to remember that, it was a good year for sanctions in Bloomington.

Last edited:
Didn't imply anything about IU. But just to clarify, we're only counting AP teams?

And 2008 was 11 seasons ago. You should be sble to remember that, it was a good year for sanctions in Bloomington.
44731975_1939943692727139_2502558919461699584_n.jpg

And 2008 was 11 seasons ago. You should be able to remember that, it was a good year for sanctions in Bloomington.
To clarify, we’re counting players who were actually All Americans. You suggested you had 6 in the past 9 seasons, when in fact you’ve had 3 in the past 24.

I said years not seasons. Reading isnt hard. AP is the only award list that matters.

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
To clarify, we’re counting players who were actually All Americans. You suggested you had 6 in the past 9 seasons, when in fact you’ve had 3 in the past 24.
Robbie Hummel and E'Twaun Moore - both NABC selections - don't count?

I'll concede Hammons because that was an oversight. But pretending that Hummel and Moore don't count is hilarious.

I'll concede Hammons because that was an oversight. But pretending that Hummel and Moore don't count is hilarious.
No they dont count. It's almost as hilarious as you touting your 6 All-americans in 9 years when you really only had 3. It's like using the Coaches poll for rankings. No one does that. It's the AP every time.

No they dont count. It's almost as hilarious as you touting your 6 All-americans in 9 years when you really only had 3. It's like using the Coaches poll for rankings. No one does that. It's the AP every time.
You are hilariously clueless if you think NABC selections are somehow lesser than AP picks.

Both are two of the four factors for the consensus selection. GTFOH with that nonsense.

You are hilariously clueless if you think NABC selections are somehow lesser than AP picks.

Both are two of the four factors for the consensus selection. GTFOH with that nonsense.
Not even close to the same. Moore and Hummel weren't real All-americans. Hammons wasnt on either team.... 6 in 9 years... lol.

Using your logic, I should be claiming Victor Oladipo was the National POY in 2012-13 because Sporting News (one of the 4 factors you mention above) said he was lololol.

Using your logic, I should be claiming Victor Oladipo was the National POY in 2012-13 because Sporting News (one of the 4 factors you mention above) said he was lololol.
Is there a consensus NPOY awarded?

I guess I don't understand your argument that AP is the only acceptable AA selector when college basketball officially recognizes four different groups (AP, NABC, USBWA, and SN).

Is there a consensus NPOY awarded?
Idk? I do know Trey Burke was NPOY in 2013 and I also know Purude has had 3 AP all Americans in 24 years.

To use another analogy, claiming Moore and Hummel as AAs is like if you were to claim Purdue had a national championship, because you were "awarded" one.

Idk? I do know Trey Burke was NPOY in 2013 and I also know Purude has had 3 AP all Americans in 24 years.

To use another analogy, claiming Moore and Hummel as AAs is like if you were to claim Purdue had a national championship, because you were "awarded" one.
I have bad news for you - all AA honors are awarded. There isn't a tournament for them.

Reactions: KisteK

**** no it doesn’t count. GTFOOH with your bullshit second hand All American crap.

Claims 6 in 9, when the truth is 3 in 24. Wow. Not even close.

The most Purdue argument ever. Do we count the West Lafayette Times? Because if so, Purdue has, like, 100 All Americans.

From a metric standpoint Happ is fantastic.

Most people know you need more than metrics to crown a Best In Show, but it's his circus.

He may not have a sexy name or be on a sexy team (Sorry Wisky fans), but Ethan Happ is a really, really good college basketball player. But, borderline hilarious to think him as best ever when the dude can't hit much of anything outside the paint (spare me the video of him hitting that three last season).

I'll save my "Best Player Ever" for another.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
From a metric standpoint Happ is fantastic.

Most people know you need more than metrics to crown a Best In Show, but it's his circus.

He may not have a sexy name or be on a sexy team (Sorry Wisky fans), but Ethan Happ is a really, really good college basketball player. But, borderline hilarious to think him as best ever when the dude can't hit much of anything outside the paint (spare me the video of him hitting that three last season).

I'll save my "Best Player Ever" for another.

Hows this for metrics, Ethan Happ just recorded a trip dub.

Seriously, in a college basketball game, where nobody ever gets a triple double, Happ just recorded a triple double.

ojBxnnV.gif

Tell me what it's like to be wrong Listek, Ive always wondered what thats like.

Hows this for metrics, Ethan Happ just recorded a trip dub.

Seriously, in a college basketball game, where nobody ever gets a triple double, Happ just recorded a triple double.

ojBxnnV.gif

Tell me what it's like to be wrong Listek, Ive always wondered what thats like.

Can't imagine any other player up for Best Ever has ever had great metrics.
No way.
A triple-double?! Where's his crown?

Be honest, when you saw Happ had 10 points, 12 assists, and 11 rebounds, you thought "man, hes ****ing good."
I already knew him as a really, really good college player. Gave him props a few of my posts back.

I don't know his competition level last night, but it wouldn't be outlandish to call him the best college bball player this season. I don't think many would protest at this point.
I just don't think he's The greatest college bball player ever. But, I do love his game.

I already knew him as a really, really good college player. Gave him props a few of my posts back.

I don't know his competition level last night, but it wouldn't be outlandish to call him the best college bball player this season. I don't think many would protest at this point.
I just don't think he's The greatest college bball player ever. But, I do love his game.

Look, if you send both the Lawsons, throw in Azubuike, and add two top 10 recruits to be named later, Wisconsin will consider giving you Happ.

Look, if you send both the Lawsons, throw in Azubuike, and add two top 10 recruits to be named later, Wisconsin will consider giving you Happ.

I'm willing to snub my nose at the trade deadline this season.
Wouldn't want to mess with any team chemistry, er something.
Besides, Happ only has this season. Dok for a possible extra season might be worth keeping, esp when looking at that '19 class Kansas currently has.

Would love to see Happ and Dok go toe to toe tho.

According to current KenPom, they are the 6th worst D1 team in the country.

Ahh, context.
Also helps that this season his supporting cast should be much better.
I hate when good-to-great players have a wasted or watered down senior season.

Love that he hit his FTs tho. Always nice when a sub 70% 60% guy hits those.

Duke has at least 3 players better than Ethan Happ. Kansas has 1 maybe 2 better than Ethan Happ. If Happ was as good as he says Wisconsin would be a shoe in for the final 4. Hell he's at least 2nd to Carsen Edward's in his own conference.

Is Matisse Thybulle the best defender in college basketball? A 6'5 wing that averaged 3 steals last year.. and he had 6 blocks last night against Western Kentucky. Dude is a baller. U Dub is going to be a fun team to watch this year.

Is Matisse Thybulle the best defender in college basketball? A 6'5 wing that averaged 3 steals last year.. and he had 6 blocks last night against Western Kentucky. Dude is a baller. U Dub is going to be a fun team to watch this year.

And Washington plays a good schedule this season, which is awesome for fans (for the players too).
Games against WKU, Auburn (Friday), Gonzaga, aTm, Minnesota and VaTech
Mike Hopkins has hit the ground running.

And Washington plays a good schedule this season, which is awesome for fans (for the players too).
Games against WKU, Auburn (Friday), Gonzaga, aTm, Minnesota and VaTech
Mike Hopkins has hit the ground running.

That is a nice schedule! If they can win two games against the likes of Gonzaga/Auburn/VaTech, they have a good shot at being a 3-4 seed.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT