ADVERTISEMENT

2K8 simulation on Reddit

Just want to point out that Dayton has already won two simulations. And interesting enough, Gonzaga was the runner-up in both scenarios. And FSU made it to the Final Four both times.

oh-bracket.png

2020-NCAAT-Simulated.png

Reactions: Montana81
Just want to point out that Dayton has already won two simulations. And interesting enough, Gonzaga was the runner-up in both scenarios. And FSU made it to the Final Four both times.

oh-bracket.png

2020-NCAAT-Simulated.png
Yesterday Bill Self said that he was planning to pick the South Region for Kansas as the #1 overall seed. Him saying that is the only thing we know of as a sure thing for any team in the field. Therefore all simulations that place KU in the Midwest have to be re-seeded and they have to be run out again.

Just saying.

Yeah everyone is assuming Kansas in the mid west. Even the Reddit bracket has them in the Midwest. What can ya do?

There are two other errors on this bracket.

Iowa/Illinois could be headed for a collision course in the Sweet 16. If you've played 3 times before the NCAAT, you can't meet until the Regional Finals. Had Iowa played Minnesota and won, they would have played Illinois for the third time.

Same thing with Saint Mary's and BYU. Unlikely, but still possible for them to meet in the Sweet 16. They've already played 3 times this season.

2k8 is such a great game even now. Maybe the most realistic sports game ever with the off the court stuff.

But as a Kentucky fan I hate it because UK is always horrible if not user controlled. I blame Gillespie.

Why? It’s an opportunity to win a game in the NCAA (kinda) Tournment.

I don’t know. On the one hand yeah it’s kind of nice to say you won a tourney game before being served up to a 1 seed. But a 1 over a 16 is no longer 100%. Do you think those programs and players would rather take a better chance at the 1 win, or the guarantee of playing David to Goliath against a power house and a chance at scoring a historical upset?

I don’t know. On the one hand yeah it’s kind of nice to say you won a tourney game before being served up to a 1 seed. But a 1 over a 16 is no longer 100%. Do you think those programs and players would rather take a better chance at the 1 win, or the guarantee of playing David to Goliath against a power house and a chance at scoring a historical upset?

That is how I feel. Plus, if you aren't playing on that Thursday and Friday it kind of feels like you aren't really in the tournament so if lose that play in game it really sucks.

Why? It’s an opportunity to win a game in the NCAA (kinda) Tournment.

Or, eliminate the NIT. Then, all 32 auto-qualifiers get a bye in the first round. Seed them 1-32.

64 at-large teams get essentially a one game playoff to earn a spot in the main field versus another non-auto team. The winners become true seeds 33-64.

1 vs. 64/65
2 vs. 63/66
Etc.

Here are the results of ESPN's BPI Simulation:

Elite 8:
Wisconsin > Duke
Maryland > West Virginia
BYU > Yale
Virginia > Ohio State

Final Four:
BYU > Virginia
Wisconsin > Maryland

Championship:
Wisconsin > BYU

This was based off of one simulation. Wisconsin had less than a 1% chance to win it all. Hard to imagine the tournament being played out like this, but there would be a fair amount of upsets, IMO.

Reactions: jhmossy
Here are the results of ESPN's BPI Simulation:

Elite 8:
Wisconsin > Duke
Maryland > West Virginia
BYU > Yale
Virginia > Ohio State

Final Four:
BYU > Virginia
Wisconsin > Maryland

Championship:
Wisconsin > BYU

This was based off of one simulation. Wisconsin had less than a 1% chance to win it all. Hard to imagine the tournament being played out like this, but there would be a fair amount of upsets, IMO.
What an incredibly boring tournament that would be. I’d be out after the Sweet 16.

That bracket seems much more realistic than ESPN's simulation. I'll try to get aggregate brackets at some point. Dayton is still very much in the lead.

Here's one more simulation from the Washington Post.

Elite 8:
Dayton > West Virginia
Ohio State > Michigan State
Baylor > Michigan
Maryland > Gonzaga

Final Four:
Ohio State > Dayton
Baylor > Maryland

Championship:
Ohio State > Baylor

The Big Ten is showing up really well in a lot of these simulations.

That bracket seems much more realistic than ESPN's simulation. I'll try to get aggregate brackets at some point. Dayton is still very much in the lead.

Here's one more simulation from the Washington Post.

Elite 8:
Dayton > West Virginia
Ohio State > Michigan State
Baylor > Michigan
Maryland > Gonzaga

Final Four:
Ohio State > Dayton
Baylor > Maryland

Championship:
Ohio State > Baylor

The Big Ten is showing up really well in a lot of these simulations.

1*3y1kox-THtXjCmgZE_QfJw.png

from a site called "towardsdatascience.com"

https://towardsdatascience.com/what...-ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament-9dfecce66cd1

That espn sim is awful. Easily the worst I’ve seen. I actually think that for as much as people talked about all the parity this year, there were a clear 8-12 teams that were a notch above. Look at duckboys thread on the teams that were ranked all year.

My guess is there would have been quite a few first round upsets (12/5, 11/6, 13/4) but pretty chalk after that.

I would not like seeing 2 time champ Villanova potentially waiting in the sweet 16. Or a 2nd round matchup with Bob Huggins and West Virginia.

There’s no getting around playing a few decent teams, but I’m pretty sure any other 3 would trade places.

That espn sim is awful. Easily the worst I’ve seen. I actually think that for as much as people talked about all the parity this year, there were a clear 8-12 teams that were a notch above. Look at duckboys thread on the teams that were ranked all year.

My guess is there would have been quite a few first round upsets (12/5, 11/6, 13/4) but pretty chalk after that.
Meh, so far they are all awful to me......SmokinSmile

Iowa is not losing to BYU, Oregon or Illinois.

But don't worry guys, I'll fix this.......

Siena 88
Prairie View 79

Texas Tech 78
NC State 75

Moretti was player of the game with 16, including the game winning 3 with under 4 seconds left.

Could of upsets today. Louisville goes down to Vermont on a 3 with .3 seconds left and Akron knocks off Ohio State.

Eastern Washington up 7 and heading to the line on SDSU with 37 seconds left.

Eastern Washington up 7 and heading to the line on SDSU with 37 seconds left.

Should have used NCAA Basketball 2010. San Diego State was at least a tournament team in 2010 - and had a freshmen Kawhi Leonard. It doesn't help them a whole lot to be a #2 seed when they have NIT level talent. Same for Dayton.

Should have used NCAA Basketball 2010. San Diego State was at least a tournament team in 2010 - and had a freshmen Kawhi Leonard. It doesn't help them a whole lot to be a #2 seed when they have NIT level talent. Same for Dayton.

The admins that are running the sim supposedly updated the ratings for teams and players

Reactions: dukedevilz
Creighton struggled in their game for about 34 minutes before pulling away late as well.

And to be fair, this is about what we expected this year. We’ve all been saying all year the field was weak and some supposed contenders would go down early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT