ADVERTISEMENT

25 best coaching hires in the last 25 years

gee didn't avg coach turn losing programs into NCAAT team with far less talent,

in Fran's tenure these are the top rated players
2012 3rd year
Top 100 4* PG Gesell by both services
Top 50 4* C Woodbury by both services
these 2 as 4 year starters posted the 2nd best Winning season in Iowa's history with 25 and lost in the NIT Championship game to Baylor
as 4 year starters recorded the 3rd best win total in Iowa's history,
avg coach in your dreams
next 4*
Cook 4* by both
Jordan 4* by ESPN
Moss 4* by ESPN
Garza top 100 4* by ESPN
Conner top 100 4* by ESPN RS'd as a FR
Wieskamp top 100 4* by ESPN
Patrick top 100 4* by ESPN RS'd as a FR
2019 Toussaint 4* by ESPN

when Fran took over not even the top instate players would even give Iowa a 2nd look,

but since Woodbury who was a instate player turned UNCheats down the top instate players are now staying instate, plus players from DC, NY and schools Iowa never got players from are not only giving a 2nd look but they are now coming on unofficial and official visits, that's how bad it was at Iowa before and after he arrived.
the fans are coming back to where the attendance is topping 13,000 in a Arena built to hold 15,500 fans,

in the way to early polls they are as High as 5th and as low as 12th W/O Garza.
bracketts vary from a 2 seed to a 5 seed at the lowest, the 5 seed is based on Garza not being back.
3 tournament wins
A losing conference record
Less than 200 total wins

That’s what he’s done in 10 seasons. That’s not very good. Even Iowa fans say they could do better.

3 tournament wins
A losing conference record
Less than 200 total wins

That’s what he’s done in 10 seasons. That’s not very good. Even Iowa fans say they could do better.
that's what that they were saying when Davis was run off the year Iowa made their last Sweet 16.

Lute in 9 seasons only had 167 total wins
Fran in 10 seasons has 195 wins for a 19.5 wps avg.
195-142

Fran has had just 2 overall losing seasons in 10 years
3 losing BT seasons
4-14
4-14
8-10
overall 85-94
those 2 4-14 seasons are the reason why he has a losing BT season.
Fran is now the 2nd leading Coach in wins in Iowa's history overall and 3rd in their history for BT Wins.

the fans are morons as a coach that had 1 Elite 8, 2 Sweet 16's and a 9-0 record in the NCAAT Weren't good enough either,

to them its the BT Championships and FF's or its time to fire the coach.

that's what that they were saying when Davis was run off the year Iowa made their last Sweet 16.

Lute in 9 seasons only had 167 total wins
Fran in 10 seasons has 195 wins for a 19.5 wps avg.
195-142

Fran has had just 2 overall losing seasons in 10 years
3 losing BT seasons
4-14
4-14
8-10
overall 85-94
those 2 4-14 seasons are the reason why he has a losing BT season.
Fran is now the 2nd leading Coach in wins in Iowa's history overall and 3rd in their history for BT Wins.

the fans are morons as a coach that had 1 Elite 8, 2 Sweet 16's and a 9-0 record in the NCAAT Weren't good enough either,

to them its the BT Championships and FF's or its time to fire the coach.
Who would you have him ahead of on that list?

Better yet, do you think he’s a top 10 coach in the sport today? If not where would you put him?

Who would you have him ahead of on that list?

Better yet, do you think he’s a top 10 coach in the sport today? If not where would you put him?
to replace that's
Hardaway is the 1st that has no business on that list
Dixon of Pitt surprised he still as a job
Grant of Dayton like the conference he coaches in is loaded with NCAAT level teams.
Pearle of Auburn
Hoiberg of ISU now Nebraska
Brey of ND his one shining moment was when they lost to Kentucky in the Elite 8
#8 Hamilton using his last 2 season where FSU as gone 29-9 as the reason why he is in the top 10.

did this guy do any actual research or did he just put up a bunch of names and throw darts at them?

to replace that's
Hardaway is the 1st that has no business on that list
Dixon of Pitt surprised he still as a job
Grant of Dayton like the conference he coaches in is loaded with NCAAT level teams.
Pearle of Auburn
Hoiberg of ISU now Nebraska
Brey of ND his one shining moment was when they lost to Kentucky in the Elite 8
#8 Hamilton using his last 2 season where FSU as gone 29-9 as the reason why he is in the top 10.

did this guy do any actual research or did he just put up a bunch of names and throw darts at them?
Just for the record, you think Fran McCaffrey was a better hire than Leonard Hamilton, Bruce Pearl ( @AuHoosier420 ), Fred Hoiberg, Mike Brey, and Jamie Dixon?

You think maybe we should throw Bill Self and Roy Williams onto that list? After all, they did cheat to get Iowa recruits according to you. That should eliminate them from consideration, right?

Just for the record, you think Fran McCaffrey was a better hire than Leonard Hamilton, Bruce Pearl ( @AuHoosier420 ), Fred Hoiberg, Mike Brey, and Jamie Dixon?

You think maybe we should throw Bill Self and Roy Williams onto that list? After all, they did cheat to get Iowa recruits according to you. That should eliminate them from consideration, right?

delusions of grandeur would be an understatement

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

I didn’t expect to be discussing Fran freaking mccaffrey today but here I am I guess. Dude seems like a nutjob

Reactions: theetommyt

every coach that needed to cheat to win should not be on any list unless its this one
the coach that cheated with the most wins,

Hamilton has been @FSU since 2002 and just now had back to back sweet 16's in 18 seasons.
Fran just finished his 10th and was looking at a 5 seed at best and 6th seed at worst. both would have been the best seed in the last 10 years under Fran.

Brey has guided ND to 12 NCAAT in 19 seasons and took over a ND team that was in far better shape that what Fran took over @ Iowa
Fran has guided Iowa to 4 out of 9, year 10 would have made it 5 out of 10 with 9 more years to see if he would do better.

Hoiberg or the Warden who took players that were kicked off of teams because shall we just say legal issues., nuff said

Pearle has been Auburn's coach since 2014 and had 1 really good season. this makes him one of the top 25 coaches?

Dixon had success from 2004-2011. really top 25 coaches don't fall apart like Pitt has done from 2012-2020.

again Fran took 3 mid major programs that were losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams, Iowa is a P5 coach who spent 9 year as a assistant coach to Digger Phelp at ND.

every coach that needed to cheat to win should not be on any list unless its this one

and what have these coaches done?

Hamilton has been @FSU since 2002 and just now had back to back sweet 16's in 18 seasons.
Fran just finished his 10th and was looking at a 5 seed at best and 6th seed at worst. both would have been the best seed in the last 10 years under Fran.

Brey has guided ND to 12 NCAAT in 19 seasons and took over a ND team that was in far better shape that what Fran took over @ Iowa
Fran has guided Iowa to 4 out of 9, year 10 would have made it 5 out of 10 with 9 more years to see if he would do better.

Hoiberg or the Warden who took players that were kicked off of teams because shall we just say legal issues., nuff said

Pearle has been Auburn's coach since 2014 and had 1 really good season. this makes him one of the top 25 coaches?

Dixon had success from 2004-2011. really top 25 coaches don't fall apart like Pitt has done from 2012-2020.

again Fran took 3 mid major programs that were losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams, Iowa is a P5 coach who spent 9 year as a assistant coach to Digger Phelp at ND.

Pearl has only had one really good season? Auburn has 3 really good seasons in a row. Two sec titles. A final 4. All 3 seasons are better than anything Fran has done since being there.

Pearl has only had one really good season? Auburn has 3 really good seasons in a row. Two sec titles. A final 4. All 3 seasons are better than anything Fran has done since being there.
cheaters having success by cheating color me unimpressed.

its must really piss you off that Fran doesn't cheat to win, hmmm makes me wonder what will be the response if Garza comes back and leads the Hawks to their best season since 1979 when they won the BT Championship or 1980 when they reached to FF with out cheating to do it.

you keep bragging about known cheater as those are the type of coaches that you slobber all over their tube steaks.
Pearle was fired by Tennessee for cheating
Sampson was fired by Indiana for cheating which ended up with Indiana on probation.

are you really trying to say that Hardeway for Memphis is a better coach who just got into trouble for giving a recruit illegal benefits to a player that played a couple games who is also in his 1st season.

cheaters having success by cheating color me unimpressed.

its must really piss you off that Fran doesn't cheat to win, hmmm makes me wonder what will be the response if Garza comes back and leads the Hawks to their best season since 1979 when they won the BT Championship or 1980 when they reached to FF with out cheating to do it.

you keep bragging about known cheater as those are the type of coaches that you slobber all over their tube steaks.
Pearle was fired by Tennessee for cheating
Sampson was fired by Indiana for cheating which ended up with Indiana on probation.

are you really trying to say that Hardeway for Memphis is a better coach who just got into trouble for giving a recruit illegal benefits to a player that played a couple games who is also in his 1st season.
Fran cheats. He paid Uthoff’s family $80,000 to leave Wisconsin and that’s why Bo Ryan was so furious. I know people from Cedar Rapids and this is common knowledge in some circles.

Don’t pretend like McCaffrey isn’t a dirtbag like the rest of the coaches you hate so much.

Fran cheats. He paid Uthoff’s family $80,000 to leave Wisconsin and that’s why Bo Ryan was so furious. I know people from Cedar Rapids and this is common knowledge in some circles.

Don’t pretend like McCaffrey isn’t a dirtbag like the rest of the coaches you hate so much.

here is also a clue for the Hawkeye. No power 5 school is 100 percent clean at all.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
here is also a clue for the Hawkeye. No power 5 school is 100 percent clean at all.
Not in his mind. He thinks only Iowa does things the right way. If Iowa loses a local kid to a blueblood it’s because they cheated. He once told a story about the Nick Collison recruitment on here and it involved his local barber at the barber shop. Lol.

He also thinks blue chip stocks are bad investments and he thinks he’s playing it smart by playing only penny stocks.

Not in his mind. He thinks only Iowa does things the right way. If Iowa loses a local kid to a blueblood it’s because they cheated. He once told a story about the Nick Collison recruitment on here and it involved his local barber at the barber shop. Lol.

He also thinks blue chip stocks are bad investments and he thinks he’s playing it smart by playing only penny stocks.

Probably read an article about someone who became a millionaire off a penny stock. They are fun to play around with but expecting to make money on them is not ideal.

Probably read an article about someone who became a millionaire off a penny stock. They are fun to play around with but expecting to make money on them is not ideal.
He posted his penny stock stats. To date he’s invested $34K into stocks that are now worth $11K. If you take away the only stock he has in the green, he’s invested $29K into stocks that are worth $4K today.

And he swears by them that they are the ticket to wealth.

Reactions: RR30

Fran never paid anybody, Bo was pissed because Uthoff went home and he was upset at the thought of him playing right away, Bo was the biggest hypocrite, he got a Iowa commit who had signed his LOI to flip. then threw a fit to get him eligible to play right away, using this is a free country and a kid has a RIGHT TO CHANGE HIS MIND, then when Uthoff decided to come home Bo threw another fit and cried about it then the NCAA changed the rules again in favor Bo, Uthoff not had to sit out a year but also had to pay his way that year.

GEE where was this is a FREE COUNTRY AND KIDS CAN CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

it only applies to kids that Bo wants and gets. but not for kids that want to leave him. then its he's mine and mine alone like a slave.

Hypocrite Bo doing Bo.

Fran never paid anybody, Bo was pissed because Uthoff went home and he was upset at the thought of him playing right away, Bo was the biggest hypocrite, he got a Iowa commit who had signed his LOI to flip. then threw a fit to get him eligible to play right away, using this is a free country and a kid has a RIGHT TO CHANGE HIS MIND, then when Uthoff decided to come home Bo threw another fit and cried about it then the NCAA changed the rules again in favor Bo, Uthoff not had to sit out a year but also had to pay his way that year.

GEE where was this is a FREE COUNTRY AND KIDS CAN CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

it only applies to kids that Bo wants and gets. but not for kids that want to leave him. then its he's mine and mine alone like a slave.

Hypocrite Bo doing Bo.
Fran paid the Uthoff’s to get him to come back to the state. This is pretty well known, my friend.

Who cares, Fran sucks ass. Only Gil, thinks he should be anywhere remotely close to this list. Fran is behind Turge, and his potato ass isn't even close to making the list.

Reactions: duckboy33
Fran paid the Uthoff’s to get him to come back to the state. This is pretty well known, my friend.
its also pretty well know that you are the biggest DAMN LIAR on these boards.

Uthoff grew up a hawk fan who chose Wisconsin ONLY because of what lick had done to the Iowa BB Program, excuse me when a coach only wins 15 games in 3 seasons. that turns away a lot of players off.

go away with your lies.

Who cares, Fran sucks ass. Only Gil, thinks he should be anywhere remotely close to this list. Fran is behind Turge, and his potato ass isn't even close to making the list.
you sure are butt hurt over the fact Turge may get Fired while Fran is making Iowa better and is putting Iowa in a position to compete for the BTC and reaching AT LEAST the Sweet 16 or better.

you sure are butt hurt over the fact Turge may get Fired while Fran is making Iowa better and is putting Iowa in a position to compete for the BTC and reaching AT LEAST the Sweet 16 or better.
Butt hurt that Turge could get fired. No I’ll probably do a backflip.
Coach Potato >>>>Fran

its also pretty well know that you are the biggest DAMN LIAR on these boards.

Uthoff grew up a hawk fan who chose Wisconsin ONLY because of what lick had done to the Iowa BB Program, excuse me when a coach only wins 15 games in 3 seasons. that turns away a lot of players off.

go away with your lies.
I just can’t respect a guy like Fran.

Reactions: jwardelt

Feels good that we never lost to that little bitch.

Reactions: schoonerwest

He's been coaching 35 years and doesn't have a S16 appearance yet? That's how you know he doesn't belong here.

He's been coaching 35 years and doesn't have a S16 appearance yet? That's how you know he doesn't belong here.
20 years not 35 and his previous 3 jobs were mid-majors Iowa is his 1st P5 team

can't even get the number of years coaching right, he took all 3 mid-majors and turned them from losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams,

Iowa in the 11 years before he was hired had been to 3 NCAAT winning just one win. there were just 3 winning seasons in BT play. .500 or better in 11 seasons

under Fran Iowa has 7 out of 10 BT seasons @.500 or better
4 NCAAT and 3 wins, who knows what they would have done in the NCAAT this season as Iowa was in its best position to go farther than the 1st rnd since the 2005-06 season, 14 years ago.

the 2020-21 season Fran will have his best class and will rivals Lutes FF team in talent.

I just can’t respect a guy like Fran.
and I can't stand a poster that makes up lies. like Fran is going to pay $80,000 for a Rival 3* instate recruit.

gee I am surprised you didn't add a brand new Blazer. sounds like the Deon Thomas again. only thing Deon was a high 4* recruit.

you are the biggest liar and ass on here.

can't even get the number of years coaching right, he took all 3 mid-majors and turned them from losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams,

Iowa in the 11 years before he was hired had been to 3 NCAAT winning just one win. there were just 3 winning seasons in BT play. .500 or better in 11 seasons

4 NCAAT and 3 wins, who knows what they would have done in the NCAAT this season as Iowa was in its best position to go farther than the 1st rnd since the 2005-06 season, 14 years ago.

the 2020-21 season Fran will have his best class and will rivals Lutes FF team in talent.
He's not even as good as Bruce Weber.

and I can't stand a poster that makes up lies. like Fran is going to pay $80,000 for a Rival 3* instate recruit.

gee I am surprised you didn't add a brand new Blazer. sounds like the Deon Thomas again. only thing Deon was a high 4* recruit.

you are the biggest liar and ass on here.
I've only been coming at you for how rude you are in literally every single one of your responses to me and anybody else who challenges you. I tried to be nice to you in the stock market thread because you said some stuff that wasn't right but instead of taking my words into consideration you tried to insult me. For that I come after your terrible program, your terrible coach and your terrible state.

I've only been coming at you for how rude you are in literally every single one of your responses to me and anybody else who challenges you. I tried to be nice to you in the stock market thread because you said some stuff that wasn't right but instead of taking my words into consideration you tried to insult me. For that I come after your terrible program, your terrible coach and your terrible state.

You can't win an argument with an idiot.

Cal went to the final 4 at two mid majors. Bill Self went to an elite 8 at one. Even shitty Mark Turdgeon went to one at Wichita State Laughing. Sorry your coach is shit and can't even luck his way into two tournament wins.

Wow Fran sucks at recruiting.
not with this years team or the 19 team by the stars
PG SO Toussaint 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals
CG RSSR Jordan 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals
WG JR Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN and top 100 byRivals
WG RSJR Connor 4* top 100 by ESPN and 4* by Rivals
C SR Garza 4* top 100 by ESPN and 4* by Rivals
F RSFR Patrick 4* top 100 by ESPN and top 100 by Rivals.
making it 2 top 100 4*'s by both and 6 total 4*'s

others
RSSO 3* SG Fredrick BT FR teamer Kentucky Championship Game MVP, Gatorade POY, Led Iowa in 3 point shooting @46% from 3
RSJR 7'0 Nunge RS'd as a SO then out with a injury last season 1st Teamer large class 4A Ihdiana 2nd in the voting for Indiana's Mr. BB

going into the 20-21 season, so the myth that Fran can't recruit is gone, now going further into the NCAAT will be seen with better talent.

this is why they are ranked as high as 5th with Garza and as low as #12 with out Garza. in the way to early polls
and is a 4 seed with Garza and 6 seed with out Garza.

gee it sure have been nice if Fran could have started with this type of talent after taking over a team that was coming off the worst 11 years in its history of losing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT