ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

I think it’s better to just shame those that have been all year. Especially since it now seems like it was completely unjustified.

Most definitely. No way in hell I'll root for anyone in the conference to do well other than UNC but I do like throwing it back when others talk shit.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
What a terrible take. ****ing idiot.
Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

ACC fans appear to share some of the qualities of an ant colony. First they send out a scout and then the rest of the colony shows up yappin. You shouldn't be asking me, you should just be following UNC71-00's pheromones shouldn't you?

This is literally every year. How many times has the ACC been "down" and yet we have like 4 teams in the sweet 16? It happens a lot.
NCAAT is a lot about match-ups....NC State is the real surprise here. Not so much with Duke, UNC or Clemson.

NCAAT is a lot about match-ups....NC State is the real surprise here. Not so much with Duke, UNC or Clemson.

Sure, but it happens almost every year though. The narrative has been garbage all year, just like many of us said. And I hate the conference and want out.

Reactions: tw3301
Yeah, it's just a list of guys that would get me excited.

If I'm really dreaming, I go Brad Stevens, but that's one of those dreams where you also see a super model ride in on a gold unicorn and ask to become your personal sex slave for a year… ..for free. She just thinks I'm that hot.
Saw an article where wroter said----Ask Wright/Stevens, then go from there. UK is gonna attract big names. That job always will.

ACC fans appear to share some of the qualities of an ant colony. First they send out a scout and then the rest of the colony shows up yappin. You shouldn't be asking me, you should just be following UNC71-00's pheromones shouldn't you?
We're not ACC fans. That's the difference. You people celebrate when your rivals win because that means that the sec wins. unc fans would never find silver lining in Duke winning and vice versa.

Tbh I am more surprised by Clemson, they have always been underperforming in March and I didn’t even have them in 2nd round. NC state are a much better tournament team, they usually pulls off a couple of upsets when they made it in March, and this time they were clicking at the right time having won the ACC tournament.

Sure, but it happens almost every year though. The narrative has been garbage all year, just like many of us said.
Some was warranted though. I mean lets not forget UVA did lose by 27. NCSU has made a nice run. But again, no surprise with UNC, Duke or Clemson. All three have been solid all year.

Some was warranted though. I mean lets not forget UVA did lose by 27. NCSU has made a nice run. But again, no surprise with UNC, Duke or Clemson. All three have been solid all year.

Some was warranted but the narrative itself was garbage And what was going to happen in the tournament happened, again, just like we said it would. Other teams have teams that should still be playing with 'no surprise' as well. They aren't though.

Reactions: TKBray
Sure, but it happens almost every year though. The narrative has been garbage all year, just like many of us said. And I hate the conference and want out.
ALmost every year? Huh? I've been on this board for almost 15 years....I don't recall many times, in seriousness, where the ACC was being called, "down". And tbh, this year it was. UVA not its normal self...UL bad again. Syracuse bad. Those three have been staples in this conference. Shit even some of your own weren't sold on DUke or UNC.

Ya'll sound like UK fans, now..

We're not ACC fans. That's the difference. You people celebrate when your rivals win because that means that the sec wins. unc fans would never find silver lining in Duke winning and vice versa.
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. There was a lot of fun made at SEC teams by rival fans from other SEC schools.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Some was warranted but the narrative itself was garbage And what was going to happen in the tournament happened, again, just like we said it would. Other teams have teams that should still be playing with 'no surprise' as well. They aren't though.
COme on, man...you are sounding like a scorned teenager. Its easy to talk smack after the fact. I didn't see anyone touting NCSU, or Clemson-----until now.

More shocked by Clemson making sweet 16 compared to NC State tbh.
I’m there with you. Especially with it being over Baylor.

I had Kentucky losing in R32, but I kept going back and forth between Texas Tech and State. Unfortunately went with Tech.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
The ACC is so good.

Duke is 2-3 vs ranked opponents. Far from solid.

COme on, man...you are sounding like a scorned teenager. Its easy to talk smack after the fact. I didn't see anyone touting NCSU, or Clemson-----until now.

No one touted them but we all seen it on here. Some fans of the SEC think they are champs because the team in their conference won a championship.

In all seriousness UVA shouldn't of got in and Pitt shouldn't been left out, hell I can make a case for Wake Forest, again conference pride is for losers but hearing it all year and actually for the past 4-5 years at least it's good to send out reminders.

Is conference strength based on who you beat OOC in Nov/Dec or what you do in March?

Maybe you should pay more attention, and this is not really talking smack. I said before the tournament the ACC would do well like they always do and have said all year the conference is way closer to these other 'great' conferences than given credit for. I've acknowedged they are behind them but rightly pointed out the gap is smaller than the narrative.

None of us would ever chant “ACC ACC ACC”
Maybe, but just now Duke and UNC fans are coming at me for having the audacity to post an SEC thread about the tourney. That sounds like ACC unity coming at the SEC when nothing in that thread had anything to do with the ACC. I just don't see the slight that the ACC or UNC and Duke have suffered.

ALmost every year? Huh? I've been on this board for almost 15 years....I don't recall many times, in seriousness, where the ACC was being called, "down". And tbh, this year it was. UVA not its normal self...UL bad again. Syracuse bad. Those three have been staples in this conference. Shit even some of your own weren't sold on DUke or UNC.

Ya'll sound like UK fans, now..

You need to calm down or bow out if you can't have this discussion in a reasonable manner. Almost every year the ACC does well relative to other conferences.

Maybe you should pay more attention, and this is not really talking smack. I said before the tournament the ACC would do well like they always do and have said all year the conference is way closer to these other 'great' conferences than given credit for. I've acknowedged they are behind them but rightly pointed out the gap is smaller than the narrative.
I did pay attention. Sorry I didn't see the mention of NC State and Clemson being in the SW 16.

IMO, I think the ACC is down....doesn't mean its a garbage conference---just not at the norm. Feel Duke/UNC are a few notches ahead of everyone else. Clemson is solid....NC State just another example of the craziness in March.

You need to calm down or bow out if you can't have this discussion in a reasonable manner. Almost every year the ACC does well relative to other conferences.
Huh? JFC, I stumble into a "safe place", or something?

• Haha
I did pay attention. Sorry I didn't see the mention of NC State and Clemson being in the SW 16.

IMO, I think the ACC is down....doesn't mean its a garbage conference---just not at the norm. Feel Duke/UNC are a few notches ahead of everyone else. Clemson is solid....NC State just another example of the craziness in March.

But that's what I said, that they were down but the narrative all year has been they are garbage. I've acknowledged the conference was behind the other big boys but still not awful.

Maybe, but just now Duke and UNC fans are coming at me for having the audacity to post an SEC thread about the tourney. That sounds like ACC unity coming at the SEC when nothing in that thread had anything to do with the ACC. I just don't see the slight that the ACC or UNC and Duke have suffered.
I don't know why you specifically were pulled into this. Maybe because you created the threads that the real SEC fans that were conference honking in. We heard from a lot of them that our teams should be seeded down a lot because our accomplishments meant nothing because of how bad the ACC was. So now just having a little fun.

I’ve got nothing but love for you @della

But that's what I said, that they were down but the narrative all year has been they are garbage. I've acknowledged the conference was behind the other big boys but still not awful.
Man ya'll need to able to separate people trolling, talking smack, from that of reality. I never do the conference honking...yeah I defend the B10....But at the end, I don't care about the other 37 teams in the conference or how they do. Its irrelevant.

If anyone called the ACC garbage, they were either trolling, or just dumb. No P5 conference is garbage. Some btter….some worse. But none are garbage.

And again, the NCAAT is a terrible barometer in measuring such. Its not a round robin event. Its why I said its all about match-ups....Not all seeds are equal...Some brackets/regions are tougher...Some teams are bad match-ups---others are good.

ACC has 4 in the SW 16....B10 two;....SEC with 3, could have 4. Its just not a huge separation. Big 10 had two teams lose to #1 seeds....SEC did choke up some WTF games.

At the end of the day, the conference's just aren't that far apart----like really ever

Reactions: AWilli6995
Man ya'll need to able to separate people trolling, talking smack, from that of reality. I never do the conference honking...yeah I defend the B10....But at the end, I don't care about the other 37 teams in the conference or how they do. Its irrelevant.

If anyone called the ACC garbage, they were either trolling, or just dumb. No P5 conference is garbage. Some btter….some worse. But none are garbage.

And again, the NCAAT is a terrible barometer in measuring such. Its not a round robin event. Its why I said its all about match-ups....Not all seeds are equal...Some brackets/regions are tougher...Some teams are bad match-ups---others are good.

ACC has 4 in the SW 16....B10 two;....SEC with 3, could have 4. Its just not a huge separation. Big 10 had two teams lose to #1 seeds....SEC did choke up some WTF games.

At the end of the day, the conference's just aren't that far apart----like really ever
SEC has 2, potentially 3.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. There was a lot of fun made at SEC teams by rival fans from other SEC schools.
And then, when we defend ourselves, it means we were dumping on everyone else.

It is the truth, the ACC is down right now, but that doesn't mean it doesn’t have 4 good teams. It means the middle and bottom of the conference were not what they used to be.

Nobody said unc and duke sucked, but they both did go through lulls at times. They both fixed their issues prior to playing in the tournament, good for them.

The SEC was deeper and the middle was stronger than it usually is. The metrics showed the SEC, BIG and BIG12 were stronger, single elimination games in a tournament don't change that.

But for the most part, those were just discussions and I don't think it’s wrong to say the ACC is down and when you look at the season as a whole, it falls behind 2 or 3 other conferences.

The ACC's performance in the NCAAT is impressive though.

I don't even know what means. You are the one who got all sensitive.
I got sensitive?

Ok.....Imean why would I? Its not "my" conference we are even talking about. I just find it funny how folks are quiet, until they don't have to be----Not you.

I respect ya as a poster---so tbh, surprised you got this bent up over something this elementary as ****. Don't know about you, but I have never celebrated how any B10 team has done in the tourney---sure, might talk smack----but at the end of the day, I don't give two shits about any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT