ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Playoff Thread.

After waiting so long, I really hope it's a good game.
I've been watching the Stanley Cup. Games 1 and 2 were in Denver with 3 days between games. Game 3 was in Tampa, with a 2 day break and they had to travel. Who are the logistical geniuses behind this? Someone make it make sense. The only reason I can think of would be the venues were previously booked for other events.. concerts and what not. Otherwise that's just pure idiocy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The back and forth between him and Barkley had me rolling. Especially when Barkley was on Cal's show talking about Green: "He’s the worst member of the boy band who doesn’t realize he’s standing next to Timberlake. When the girls are throwing panties at his head, he’s going to get hit by some drive-by panties, but they’re really meant for Timberlake.” 😂
Man Barkley is all time lol That's such an awesome take

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I was watching the end of game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals. And wow! The Heat were lucky AF to pull that off.

If any of these notable plays don't go in favor of the Heat, they most likely lose game 6, and the Spurs walk away with the title.

1. With about 40 seconds left LBJ turned the ball over. The spurs had a fastbreak opportunity and Ray Allen fouled Ginobili without making a play at the ball. Seems like this could have been an intentional foul.

ginobili-allen.png

ginobili-allen1.png

2. With 25 seconds remaining in regulation, LBJ misses a three-pointer and three, yes three, of the Spurs are right there for the rebound (Diaw, Leonard, Ginboili). Leonard touches it first - and then it deflects off of Diaw's hand and directly over to Ray Allen. Crazy thing is, the Spurs were up 94-89. Game is absolutely over IF this rebound is secured. And it should have been... the Spurs had the 3 closest players to the ball.

spurs-rebound.png

spurs-rebound1.png

spurs-rebound2.png

3. Thought Ray Allen fouled Ginobili. Possibly more than once. You could argue the view of the refs was obstructed. And also it's tough to call a possibly game-deciding call in the final seconds. But, this looks like a foul. The Heat were up 101-100 in OT with about 5 seconds left when this play occurred. So, you could say maybe he misses a free throw... or maybe the Heat win on a last-second shot. Either way, this was a HUGE no-call.

ginobili-allen2.png

ginobili-allen3.jpg

Bonus point: Looks like Chris Bosh may have gotten away with a hip check on Danny Green in the final seconds of OT. Now, the Heat were up by the 3, so that foul in the worst-case scenario simply leads to another OT.

FVoV3I1XwAE6BPu

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also, if Pop kept Duncan in the game, maybe they wouldn't have given up those costly offensive rebounds. LBJ and Allen both made three pointers in the final minute when the Spurs failed to grab the board. Duncan was on the bench for both plays.

Also, if Pop kept Duncan in the game, maybe they wouldn't have given up those costly offensive rebounds. LBJ and Allen both made three pointers in the final minute when the Spurs failed to grab the board. Duncan was on the bench for both plays.

Poppovich with a terrible decision to take out Tim.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT