ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Clown team thread - AKA Louisville appreciation thread

Yes. I'm asking if you've watched Simpson before. You're saying I shouldn't overhype him from a single contest. Okay, but this didn't come out of nowhere. He was a highly regarded recruit. Lots of people expected a breakout year from him. And I'm skeptical that you've ever seen him play outside of two games against UT. So, you're talking about snapshots - while not really examining the totality of his play. If you haven't watched him play a whole lot, you probably don't need to be talking about snapshots.
I answered the question. He averaged 7.2 pts a game last year, so my snap shot response is fitting. I think you proclaiming him all that is wildly presumptive. I'll take UT's player Key vs Simpson for the year and we can see what's what. Fair enough?

Also i’m gonna go head and say Zags is overrated. They don’t have the talent they’ve had the last several years. There’s no Holmgren, Suggs, Sabonis/Collins level talent on that team.

Their back court looks suspect to me as well.

Well said.

TCU lost to Northwestern State. Mike Miles wasn't playing. Regardless, you can't take an L like that.

And Minnesota lost to DePaul by 16 at home, which feels like a really bad loss.
I had a feeling that was coming for TCU. They squeaked by Pine Bluff and were very underwhelming against Lamar, barely winning by double digits.

Louisville, Florida State, and Georgia Tech in a fierce battle to establish ACC basement dominance.
AthleticCarefulJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

I nominate the entire Big10 for this thread. 0-5 vs DePaul since 2020. And some of the games weren't even close. Blew out Iowa and their big white oaf a few year ago by 15. Crushed Minny last night.

After watching the game I was shocked to see how much talent we have this year.

Javen Johnson, never heard of him. Came to us via Troy and then Iowa State. Never cracked 9ppg. He's up to 19ppg this year.

Jumanji Gibson or whatever his name is. Lightning bug guard. Started at North Texas and then went to Oklahoma where he started every game last year. The guy is at 17ppg and 7apg. All American numbers.

Eral Penn came to us after 4 years at Long Island. I like to think that his grad transfer was a present from LIU's new coach and all time DePaul great Rocket Rod Strickland. He was very solid with tons of energy down low. Averaging 9ppg and 7rpg.

The guy I was most impressed with wasPhilmon Gebrewit. Last year I thought he was the worst player in D1. This year he looks like most improved. And it looks like he grew a bit.

Don't sleep on the Demons....especially if you play for a lowly Big10 school.

EDIT: And seeing how good we look I'm really pissed at Davey Jones for transferring. I hope he tears an ACL in each leg.

Last edited:
Are power five schools getting worse at basketball?
Not yet. We have the chance to lose to a school who lost to a school though. Nevind the OG school was actually a good team. Hopefully we'll get better as the season goes on.

Hypothetically what would the committee do if we went like 2-14 without Baba and then 16-3 (including ACCT) with him? They’ve consistently said in the past that they consider the team you have for the tourney and if there were injuries and what not. Obviously there’s a better chance I win the lottery, but just curious what y’all think might happen.

Reactions: speedfrk
Might need to remove Tennessee from this thread after seeing what Colorado is doing to #24 Texas A&M at the half. Up 20.

All are invited and all are welcome. It’s an inclusive atmosphere. FSU and UL are just hosting the space and providing all the bourbon (thanks, Cards) and oysters.
WOW!!! We might actually have a chance at a conference win against y’all. I’ve never seen a team fail apart as quickly as you guys have in the 2nd half.

Reactions: GE Nole
Blowing a 17 point lead in 4.5 minutes is one of the more impressive things I’ve watched in some time. I jumped all over UF +9 at halftime and I’m wondering if some of our players did too?

Tell you what, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen and heard Coach Ham as disgusted toward his players after a game as he was tonight. About as close as he gets to calling them out.

Well well well, looks like we got a new clown team! Mercer provides FSU with the Noles’ first win of the season, bringing the Bears into this party.

FSU blew a 16 point lead again, with Mercer taking a 1 point lead about 10 min into the second half. But FSU showed some grit and came back to get the win!

Florida State loses at home 83-74 to a school named after a cowboy hat. KenPom gave Stetson a 3% chance to win and they are projected to finish 2nd to last in the American Sun.

giphy.gif

Just change it to Louisville.
The baby accurately depicts the whole season.
vomit GIF

Mercer has entered the chat

We tried so hard to blow it. Let them back into the game but still managed to win.

ADVERTISEMENT