ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NFL Offseason Threas

I don’t know who that is and a quick google search comes up with some old time actor who died in the 50s. So I’m going to assume your probably in your 50s at least, and you were crying for a month about the Super Bowl. RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh

Grow up you fvcking queer.

Nah, not even close. But apparently you’re about 12.

Do you know who Elvis was?

Maybe I should have explained who this “Jesus” character is that I referenced.

Here comes Mac Jones! Don't know if I am excited about it, but seems like a done deal. Kind of hope for a surprise with Trey Lance.

You’re loser ass fan base got bent out of shape at this tweet. Imagine thinking I would spend my Sunday on a Chiefs message board, I don’t live in some flyover shit hole State.

And you cried for a month after the super bowl, you’ve already shown how much of a loser you are to the board. Hell, We actually laugh at you in PMs. Just waiting on the day for you to sack up and kick the chair out from under you.
That is a baseball game.

This coming from the guy who got so upset he left the board because UNC didn't get in trouble and came back with AFAMU as his handle. No offense, but I'm not taking anger advice from you.
Left the board? Nope. Angry that a school that admitted cheating and received no punishment. Yep. As should every college athletics fan. And if I could change my name back to something else, I would. Cant seem to figure that out.

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
Can't be real. Seems like something the packers would jump all over seeing how hesitant they are to pay Rogers.
Seems crazy. He's 37, I would have done it in a heart beat. The Packers are good, but I think they are further away from the Super Bowl then what most people think. Rodgers' ability helps cover up a lot of their flaws.

Seems crazy. He's 37, I would have done it in a heart beat. The Packers are good, but I think they are further away from the Super Bowl then what most people think. Rodgers' ability helps cover up a lot of their flaws.
I thought they were better in 2019 than last year. And the 49ers waxed them twice. Including in the championship game where Garoppolo threw the ball 6 times. Of course that probably helped because he probably would have thrown a few INTs had he thrown more.

Doesn't make sense on the 49ers end to give all that up unless they could turn around and get Atlanta's #4 somehow. I also don't want them to be like the rams and have 6 years without a first round pick with nothing substantial to show for it.

Reactions: bMORE607
Just opening this thread for the first time today. I don't spend a crazy amount of time on football, but enough to keep relatively informed. The biggest knock on Justin Fields has been the fact that he holds onto the ball for too long. You could make the argument that Ohio State has a much more vertical game than just about everyone, and those plays take time develop. Regardless though of how long a play takes, quaterbacks need to have self-awareness and know when to throw the ball away. Fields struggles with that. Here are the other top rated quarterbacks and how they compare with sacks.

Sacks Per Game
Trey Lance, NDSU, 0.69 (2019 stats)
Zach Wilson, BYU, 0.92
Mac Jones, Alabama, 1.00
Trevor Lawrence, Clemson, 1.28
Justin Fields, Ohio State, 2.63 (2.36 if you take the stats from 2019 & 2020)

You could legitimately argue that Lance and Wilson didn't face a whole lot of pressure from defensive fronts. I know Wilson is a decent scrambler and he can connect with a very small window. Haven't seen Trey Lance other than some highlights, but he looks promising. Mac Jones has superstar receivers, as well as two All-American lineman to protect him. But, it's hard to ignore the fact that Jones has the highest rated passer efficiency rating in FBS history. 77% completion ratings and a more than 10-1 TD-INT ratio is ridiculous. Alabama throws a boatload of screen passes, so those numbers are probably inflated a bit. Yards after the catch for Bama was off the charts... Trevor Lawrence has a much lower sack rate, and those two are in very comparable situations, IMO. Fields has a cannon, no question. And he is already aware of this glaring weakness, if he can correct that, he could easily be worthy of being a top 5 pick.

FWIW, here are the numbers for the prior two quarterbacks at OSU.

Sacks Per Game
Dwayne Haskins, 1.43
JT Barrett, 1.77

Reactions: JimboBBN
We need a OT but if Fields falls to 8 I won't be mad if that's the selection.
My thoughts exactly. I liked the Darnold trade because it means we don’t have to reach for a QB. But if Fields is available, you almost have to take him. Let him and Darnold duke it out, trade the one you don’t want.

If he’s gone, go Sewell or Slater. Maybe even Surtain.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Every year since about 2010 both networks go to commercial when Jaguars are on the clock. It will be interesting to see if they get creative tonight.

Trey Lance. Hell yeah. And then the Panthers go with a CB, which could be great. But against all projections.

Kinda crazy at some of the QB-WR/RB connections from same college:

Jags have Lawrence/Etienne (Clemson)
Cincy has Burrows/Chase (LSU)
Miami has Tua/Waddle (Bama)
Philly has Hurts/Devonta (Bama, although Hurts finished at OU)

Trey Lance. Hell yeah. And then the Panthers go with a CB, which could be great. But against all projections.
I guess I'm alright with our pick. Surtain may end up being better but I think the potential is there with Horn to be elite. Still wish we would have taken Fields, but it seems like our staff is fully confident Sam is our guy.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I guess I'm alright with our pick. Surtain may end up being better but I think the potential is there with Horn to be elite. Still wish we would have taken Fields, but it seems like our staff is fully confident Sam is our guy.

Lions screwed us by taking Sewell. I think we definitely take him if available. I still think Slater was the right pick at 8 if we couldn't move down to acquire more draft capital. I think Horn is a good player but I would have preferred getting some protection for Darnold.

Can't be real. Seems like something the packers would jump all over seeing how hesitant they are to pay Rogers.
Trading him before June 1st is a $31 million cap hit....and afraid to pay him? His deal averages $33.5 million over the next three seasons. He signed a four year extension last season.

Lions screwed us by taking Sewell. I think we definitely take him if available. I still think Slater was the right pick at 8 if we couldn't move down to acquire more draft capital. I think Horn is a good player but I would have preferred getting some protection for Darnold.
Agree with all this. Sewell was ideal

Reactions: jhmossy
Agree with all this. Sewell was ideal

Rest of the draft needs to be offense heavy. We have plenty of young defensive talent from last year's draft. Need some OL protection and another weapon or two for Darnold.

Trading him before June 1st is a $31 million cap hit....and afraid to pay him? His deal averages $33.5 million over the next three seasons. He signed a four year extension last season.
Hesitant is not the same as afraid. And I suppose I should have been more clear. Obviously he is getting paid. But the Packers are openly trying to renegotiate the terms of that contract. It's clear that there are differences between what they want to pay him and what he thinks he should get paid even though they just extended his contract. I don't even care enough about it to take a side here. So I am not saying who is right or wrong. I'll assume both are wrong.

I am puzzled by their decision to basically give Bridgewater away. That's a top five backup quarterback with starting experience.

Rest of the draft needs to be offense heavy. We have plenty of young defensive talent from last year's draft. Need some OL protection and another weapon or two for Darnold.
OL and a tight end would be nice. Our secondary is actually shaping up nicely with this addition

S: Chinn, Carter
CB: Horn, Bouye, Jackson

Not bad at all considering where we were a couple years ago

Reactions: jhmossy
Excited for my Bears getting Fields. And sad that he's probably already the best QB in franchise history even if he tops out at solid. Hopefully we can clear out Nagy in the near future and get someone that can harness Field's talent. Also lol Packers. Going on 30 years of top 15 all time QB play with only 2 Super Bowl titles to show for it and bitterness with each QB.

Schedule release day. Here's what we have so far

Here's the entire rundown of Week 1 NFL games on CBS this season:

• Steelers at Bills (Sunday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET)
  • Jets at Panthers (Sunday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET)
  • Jaguars at Texans (Sunday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET)
  • Cardinals at Titans (Sunday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET)
  • Chargers at Washington (Sunday, Sept. 12, 1 p.m. ET)
  • Browns at Chiefs (Sunday, Sept. 12, 4:25 p.m. ET)
  • Dolphins at Patriots (Sunday, Sept. 12, 4:25 p.m. ET)

z36bzhe59ry61.jpg

Do not like

ADVERTISEMENT