ADVERTISEMENT

Question re: NCAA Tourney host cities

HailToPitt725

May 16, 2016
Team
Pittsburgh
Asking here since I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere on the internet…

How often can a city host NCAA tournament games? If they typically host regional championship games (e.g., Kansas City) and there is some sort of moratorium, could they host first/second round games in-between that time?

I’m asking because I love when the tournament comes here to KC. As long as there’s no NBA or NHL team here, the city should try hosting the tournament annually with a schedule that looks something like this:

Year One: Men’s First/Second Round
Year Two: Women’s Regional Championship
Year Three: Men’s Regional Championship
Year Four: Women’s First/Second Round

Would this be possible under current NCAA rules? The more postseason basketball, the better!

I believe the rule is once every 4 years(per sport).The only exception is the first four in at Dayton every year.

So they could have men's this year, two years later have women's, then 2 years after that have men's again.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Asking here since I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere on the internet…

How often can a city host NCAA tournament games? If they typically host regional championship games (e.g., Kansas City) and there is some sort of moratorium, could they host first/second round games in-between that time?

I’m asking because I love when the tournament comes here to KC. As long as there’s no NBA or NHL team here, the city should try hosting the tournament annually with a schedule that looks something like this:

Year One: Men’s First/Second Round
Year Two: Women’s Regional Championship
Year Three: Men’s Regional Championship
Year Four: Women’s First/Second Round

Would this be possible under current NCAA rules? The more postseason basketball, the better!
if you're from KC are you allowed to say no thanks to hosting the women without losing those men's weekends?

ADVERTISEMENT