ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NFL Offseason Threas

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
Couldn’t find the last years version.

Drafts right around the corner.

First predraft domino has fallen. Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers for a 6th and a future 2nd and 4th round pick.

@JimboBBN how you feel about Darnold? I feel like it was a better move than drafting Lance or Jones. Wonder if they tried to get up to the wilson/fields line and couldn’t or not. Will be very interesting to see what they do with the 8th pick now. Waddle smith Marshall etc would make the transition for Darnold much easier, as he really didn’t have many weapons in NYJ.

As a packers fan I want us to draft receivers, or D linemen. Receivers first though, we have to give Rodgers a weapon to put on the other side of Adams. The front office seems intent on waiting till later rounds to get receivers and “developing” them. I think getting Adams in the second round is the highest I can remember GB draft an offensive weapon since eddy lacys fat ass way back when.

I feel like it was a better move than drafting Lance or Jones. Wonder if they tried to get up to the wilson/fields line and couldn’t or not.
Pretty sure Jones is going before Fields. I thought the Niners were locked in on him.

Very excited to have Sam on board. For a number of reasons.

1. We no longer have to trade the farm away to get in the top 4, where the guy we want will probably not even be available at that point. Instead, we get to draft BPA, and hopefully that is Sewell from Oregon or Pitts from Florida. Even Surtain from Alabama.

2. Sam has a world of potential. People have been saying if he was coming out this year, the only QB taken ahead of him would be Lawrence. He gets out of Gase’s shadow and gets a real coaching staff who is focused on analytics. Not to mention a lot of offensive talent that can really help get Sam comfortable.

3. Teddy is getting traded and we can actually throw the ball down field now :)

I wouldn’t rule out us drafting Fields if he is there at 8. It’s crazy to think he will be the fifth QB taken. I think he should go second only behind Trevor. Not sure what people aren’t seeing, this kid is special.
I like him no better than the 3rd best QB. But, I also think Wilson will be the best of the bunch, which I'm sure isn't a popular opinion.

Very excited to have Sam on board. For a number of reasons.

1. We no longer have to trade the farm away to get in the top 4, where the guy we want will probably not even be available at that point. Instead, we get to draft BPA, and hopefully that is Sewell from Oregon or Pitts from Florida. Even Surtain from Alabama.

2. Sam has a world of potential. People have been saying if he was coming out this year, the only QB taken ahead of him would be Lawrence. He gets out of Gase’s shadow and gets a real coaching staff who is focused on analytics. Not to mention a lot of offensive talent that can really help get Sam comfortable.

3. Teddy is getting traded and we can actually throw the ball down field now :)
He should be the first non-QB taken. Dude is going to be a beast.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I like him no better than the 3rd best QB. But, I also think Wilson will be the best of the bunch, which I'm sure isn't a popular opinion.
Love Zach. I could see him being a smaller Aaron Rogers. The angels and ease he can throw the ball with are unbelievable. Elite arm talent. Not sure he will be better than Trevor, but I do think he should go top 3.

Im also not 100 percent convinced the 49ers draft Mac over Fields.

Reactions: 829305
I just don’t trust Mac Jones simply bc he was throwing to a literal All-American receiving core. And had the best RB in the nation behind him as well.

I read an article recently about tua, my buddy is a huge Fins fan. And they had quotes from fitz talking about mentoring tua, and paraphrasing he was saying Tua wouldn’t pull the trigger when people were open bc being open in the NFL is like being open by an inch where the receivers at bama were getting open by 5-10 feet. He didn’t have to anticipate as much at bama bc the wr were so damn good.

Now I know Waddle was injured this past season. But they had another stud come in and never missed a beat, I can’t remember his name but I feel like he was a II OR A III at the end, but regardless he’s nasty, we will all know next year when he’s doing what the stud wrs at bama do, beast out. And then of course smith won the Heisman, I mean when’s the last time a WR only won the Heisman??? No db, not sure if he returned punts or not. Granted it was a weird season and half the country basically eliminated themselves from fielding a Heisman contender by only playing 6-7 games.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t rule out us drafting Fields if he is there at 8. It’s crazy to think he will be the fifth QB taken. I think he should go second only behind Trevor. Not sure what people aren’t seeing, this kid is special.

I completely agree. I can’t believe SF doesn’t want Fields in their wide open style offense. Seems his legs alone would make their running game a nightmare. And their offensive machine feeds off of the running game anyways imo.

Reactions: MGC_07 and JimboBBN
Not so sure Lynch isn’t baiting someone to move up so he can get fields a few picks later. But I guess that could back fire unless he somehow knew they weren’t interested in fields.

But hell I don’t know much of anything about anything so Jones May turn out to be terrific. If he does I hope it’s not for the niners 😂

If Carolina could land Pitts, Smith, or Chase to go with CMC, Moore and Anderson, that could be a nasty set of weapons for mr Darnold.

So you think needs to trade Teddy as opposed to keeping him around as a backup? I guess drafting a qb late as a backup or last years backup would be smarter, bc imo carolina is still a few years away. Even with Brees retiring I don’t foresee them being able to push for a playoff spot, unless they improve on defense, but I’ve been wrong before, and they played much better than I expected last year as far as always being in games.

You nailed it early in the season though, and I was wrong. Teddy can protect a lead and manage a game, but he can’t consistently go win you one down 6 with 4 mins left and the ball. Hopefully Darnold can.

Yea I’ve seen the reports on the niners as well. Wonder if they though they needed to go all the way to 3 to get him, or if they couldn’t find anyone in the 4-9 range to deal, or thought he wouldn’t last that long.

These teams with qbs with top picks have to be giggling thinking about the studs that are going to fall to them since everyone is so qb hungry at the top.

Yea I’ve seen the reports on the niners as well. Wonder if they though they needed to go all the way to 3 to get him, or if they couldn’t find anyone in the 4-9 range to deal, or thought he wouldn’t last that long.

These teams with qbs with top picks have to be giggling thinking about the studs that are going to fall to them since everyone is so qb hungry at the top.
Yep. I keep coming back to Pitts. Gronk and Kelce are staples on championship contenders. Go get the kid.

Reactions: JimboBBN
My thinking as well esp in their old Bronco running scheme that puts out 1000 yard backs season after season.

If the 49ers are moving away from Garoppolo, you would think it would be to go a completely different direction at QB. To me, Mac Jones just seems like an unproven Garoppolo. Would be disappointed, but what do I know?

Just remember every gm/scout/TV personality in the world outside of Andy Reid and company thought Mitch trubisky would be better than Patrick Maholmes.

So I always take the wait and see approach.

Just remember every gm/scout/TV personality in the world outside of Andy Reid and company thought Mitch trubisky would be better than Patrick Maholmes.

So I always take the wait and see approach.
Yep...while most wont admit it, fans usually don't have a clue (especially when it comes to QBs). I mean, the guys who do this for a living get it wrong all the time. and they watch countless hours of film, talk to the players, watch film with the players, talk to his coaches, etc. But a fan knows because he saw the guy play maybe a few games?

I'm convinced if ESPN wanted to they could convince fans that someone like Justin Hilliard should go round 1.

Reactions: GhostOf301
There is speculation that the 49ers are considering drafting a WR in the 2nd round. I would rather that pick go towards the best available CB. But they didn't really add much to their WR corps via free agency and they lost Bourne to the Patriots. Would love to see Samuel stay healthy as well as Kittle. Would like to see a full season with Kittle, Samuel and Aiyuk. Each are threats in the receiving and the running games with some of the best YAC talent in the league. They need a big WR though with good hands. Who are some candidates that would still be around in the 2nd round?

Tutu Atwell should be but y’all already have a slot guy in deebo. Same for amari Rodgers. Not sure on outside guys. Dez Fitzpatrick will be a nice 5th round pick up for someone.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Ghost, Niners taking fields or what?
I think they're sold on Jones. If so, Hopefully he doesn't continue the long line of failed Alabama quarterbacks in the NFL.

So you're happy with The Panthers picking up Darnold, eh?

I think they're sold on Jones. If so, Hopefully he doesn't continue the long line of failed Alabama quarterbacks in the NFL.

So you're happy with The Panthers picking up Darnold, eh?
I think it could work out really well for us. But don’t want all of our eggs in that basket. If Fields is there at 8, I want us to take him. But I feel like you guys will scoop him up at 3

Lol exhibit A RollLaugh

But no that wasn’t in reference to you at all. But you can’t help yourself to continue to cry. I hope Mahomes gets paralyzed so you guys can go back being irrelevant.

Spend a lot of time on Chiefs forums?

What’s to cry about? Next year might be the best team in franchise history.

I have seen you cry a lot about having a QB who can’t throw and a shitty CBB coach. Can’t blame you though.

Spend a lot of time on Chiefs forums?

What’s to cry about? Next year might be the best team in franchise history.

I have seen you cry a lot about having a QB who can’t throw and a shitty CBB coach. Can’t blame you though.

You’re loser ass fan base got bent out of shape at this tweet. Imagine thinking I would spend my Sunday on a Chiefs message board, I don’t live in some flyover shit hole State.

And you cried for a month after the super bowl, you’ve already shown how much of a loser you are to the board. Hell, We actually laugh at you in PMs. Just waiting on the day for you to sack up and kick the chair out from under you.

You’re loser ass fan base got bent out of shape at this tweet. Imagine thinking I would spend my Sunday on a Chiefs message board, I don’t live in some flyover shit hole State.

And you cried for a month after the super bowl, you’ve already shown how much of a loser you are to the board. Hell, We actually laugh at you in PMs. Just waiting on the day for you to sack up and kick the chair out from under you.
Were they as bent out of shape as you are right now?

PMs and raging over teenagers’ tweets. 😆

You sure you’re the most qualified to smack the “loser” label on somebody else?

Were they as bent out of shape as you are right now?

PMs and raging over teenagers’ tweets. 😆

You sure you’re the most qualified to smack the “loser” label on somebody else?
Raging? Lol. More like laughing at your loser fan base.

You are right though, it does take a true loser like yourself to be the one who can smack the loser label on somebody else. So I apologize for over stepping.

Raging? Lol. More like laughing at your loser fan base.

You are right though, it does take a true loser like yourself to be the one who can smack the loser label on somebody else. So I apologize for over stepping.

You have to stop delivering these haymakers. I’m hurtin’ bad.

Can’t imagine the awesomeness of the PMs you must be getting right now. Jesus. You’re like the James Dean of the internet.

Btw, I have to agree with that tweet. The media would definitely go wild if Mahomes threw somebody out at 2nd base.

You have to stop delivering these haymakers. I’m hurtin’ bad.

Can’t imagine the awesomeness of the PMs you must be getting right now. Jesus. You’re like the James Dean of the internet.
I don’t know who that is and a quick google search comes up with some old time actor who died in the 50s. So I’m going to assume your probably in your 50s at least, and you were crying for a month about the Super Bowl. RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh

Grow up you fvcking queer.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT