ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

and I don't understand how anyone can dislike Trae. He is the NBA's ultimate underdog. There isn't a player in the league doing more with less than Trae Young...and he's doing it at a super star level.
The underdog argument doesn’t really hold up for the 5th overall pick in the Steph Curry era.

That said, in reality I respect his game and don’t really have strong feelings about him either way outside of the series. He can be grating and annoying though, which is a role he’s embraced.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I really enjoy watching him play, but cant respect the foul hunting aspect of his game, regardless of how effective.

There is a line...

Between the shooter and the defender. As a player you learn to jump straight up. If the shooter crosses that line it isn't a foul. But as a defender you have to make sure you aren't jumping into the shooter

You are going to take advantage of it as a shooter and get to the foul line.

Hate to tell some of you this.
But you want to get to the foul line. Have to learn as a defensive player. You have to make those fouls count...
Not wanting someone to get 2 FT with soft contact

There is a line...

Between the shooter and the defender. As a player you learn to jump straight up. If the shooter crosses that line it isn't a foul. But as a defender you have to make sure you aren't jumping into the shooter

You are going to take advantage of it as a shooter and get to the foul line.

Hate to tell some of you this.
But you want to get to the foul line. Have to learn as a defensive player. You have to make those fouls count...
Not wanting someone to get 2 FT with soft contact
Thanks, Naismith

Need to improve the basketball IQ on here...
No reason to complain about how someone is getting their points
We’re fans, not Trae Young’s coach. It’s not about saying it’s a bad basketball play from a strategic perspective. It’s about what others want to watch/respect/enjoy.

I’m a Duke fan, so I grew up thinking drawing a charge was a great defensive weapon, and it is. But it’s idiotic to say it’s unreasonable for others to feel like it’s bad for the product they’re watching or that they don’t respect it.

They’re opinions. You’re too old to be confusing sharing opinions with sharing fact and trying to convince people of how intelligent you are.

We’re fans, not Trae Young’s coach. It’s not about saying it’s a bad basketball play from a strategic perspective. It’s about what others want to watch/respect/enjoy.

I’m a Duke fan, so I grew up thinking drawing a charge was a great defensive weapon, and it is. But it’s idiotic to say it’s unreasonable for others to feel like it’s bad for the product they’re watching or that they don’t respect it.

They’re opinions. You’re too old to be confusing sharing opinions with sharing fact and trying to convince people of how intelligent you are.

This isn't an opinion...

It is a basketball play.

If you think it is an opinion you obviously are clueless about the game.
You want to call it acting or whatever.
It is what a professional basketball player does

“It’s not about saying it’s a bad basketball play.”

I’m not disputing it’s a basketball play. But then again, I think (hope) you already knew that, assuming you can actually read.
Not an opinion...
Opinion is that I like a certain ice cream over another.

You cannot debate a person's preference

But saying a guy trying to get to the line is basketball...
Isn't an opinion. Part of the game that some players use.

They are looking to manipulate the refs into getting free throws.
What some consider a professional

Not an opinion...
Opinion is that I like a certain ice cream over another.

You cannot debate a person's preference

But saying a guy trying to get to the line is basketball...
Isn't an opinion. Part of the game that some players use.

They are looking to manipulate the refs into getting free throws.
What some consider a professional
I’m not saying it’s an opinion that it’s a beneficial play in a basketball game. Yikes. I think I’ve given you way too much credit.

I’m not saying it’s an opinion that it’s a beneficial play in a basketball game. Yikes. I think I’ve given you way too much credit.

Read what you said

This isn't an opinion.
You are complaining about basketball and how it is played.

Talking heads saying Nets are gonna win it all lol. They gotta get past Philly first in EC.

Reactions: Deepelm
Talking heads saying Nets are gonna win it all lol. They gotta get past Philly first in EC.
Not sure there has ever been a team with quite as much offensive firepower. I’d pick the Nets too as of now, but Embiid could potentially give them issues.

Simmons is a DPOY candidate, and even he can only guard one of KD, Harden, or Kyrie at once.

Not sure there has ever been a team with quite as much offensive firepower. I’d pick the Nets too as of now, but Embiid could potentially give them issues.

Simmons is a DPOY candidate, and even he can only guard one of KD, Harden, or Kyrie at once.

Exactly

Teams are playing 5 v 4 against them because they are trying to double.

If a team doesn't have to that is different.

Durant is still consider one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA
James Harden is one of the best offensive players in the history of NBA. Guy averaged 35 points and 10 assist

The Bucks too. Forgot to add them. I think the East might be more interesting than the west this year. Regardless, the playoffs are back in full swing and I’m hyped!

It’s so the Knicks to finally make the playoffs and find themselves completely reliant on a player a few years, and ligaments, past their prime.

Thank goodness for Derrick Rose.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
It’s so the Knicks to finally make the playoffs and find themselves completely reliant on a player a few years, and ligaments, past their prime.

Thank goodness for Derrick Rose.

As much as I love Nerlens, think they would be a lot better overall with Mitchell Robinson at the 5. Hawks just seem like a tough matchup overall. Lot of long guys they can throw at TRex Randle and who guards Trae when he's playing like he has?

Reactions: WojoRising
As much as I love Nerlens, think they would be a lot better overall with Mitchell Robinson at the 5. Hawks just seem like a tough matchup overall. Lot of long guys they can throw at TRex Randle and who guards Trae when he's playing like he has?

Mitchell Robinson fouls too much. He’s almost unplayable at times because of it.

Mitchell Robinson fouls too much. He’s almost unplayable at times because of it.

True, Nerlens is better on that end. But Nerlens is also (pre ACL going boom) the best defender I saw at Kentucky.
Biggest problem this series I've seen is Randle has been awful. Your best player can't do that.

True, Nerlens is better on that end. But Nerlens is also (pre ACL going boom) the best defender I saw at Kentucky.
Biggest problem this series I've seen is Randle has been awful. Your best player can't do that.

Exactly. The Knicks have been losing because the guy carrying them all year long has had a bad 3 games. That’s it.

I’ve watched Barrett be named an All-American, get drafted third overall, and put into two really solid first two seasons in the NBA.

Yet, sometimes I honestly feel like I can’t remember ever seeing him make a shot.
The guy who went 4th is a better player.

SO happy right now! What a win! Watching the Knicks celebrate Randle's cheap shot down 25 points has to be one of the low points in Knicks playoff history. Pathetic. After that display I now think we can end this thing next game in NY. Looked like the Knicks were ready to start chanting 1-2-3-Cancun halfway through the 4th quarter today.

The guy who went 4th is a better player.

SO happy right now! What a win! Watching the Knicks celebrate Randle's cheap shot down 25 points has to be one of the low points in Knicks playoff history. Pathetic. After that display I now think we can end this thing next game in NY. Looked like the Knicks were ready to start chanting 1-2-3-Cancun halfway through the 4th quarter today.

I do think Barrett is more of an alpha than Hunter but I like Hunter's overall game more than Barrett's. He's a much more versatile defender and he's a more efficient offensive player. I don't think Hunter would thrive in a place like NY but he's a really good third option in a place like ATL right now. I do wish he would hunt his shot more though.

I’ve watched Barrett be named an All-American, get drafted third overall, and put into two really solid first two seasons in the NBA.

Yet, sometimes I honestly feel like I can’t remember ever seeing him make a shot.

You don't remember him miss a FT he was trying to make and make a FT he was trying to miss?

When KD is on, he’s ****ing on. Jesus. I still think the bucks or sixers can beat them in a series. Right now with East and West, it’s kind of a toss up for me. I’m not sure who’s going to what..which is super exciting. Lakers losing today wasn’t good imo.

I do think Barrett is more of an alpha than Hunter but I like Hunter's overall game more than Barrett's. He's a much more versatile defender and he's a more efficient offensive player. I don't think Hunter would thrive in a place like NY but he's a really good third option in a place like ATL right now. I do wish he would hunt his shot more though.
I’m a Barrett fan, and I’m really not as down on him as a lot of my posts probably make it seem. That said, Hunter is 100% more valuable as a role player than Barrett is as a top option.

When KD is on, he’s ****ing on. Jesus. I still think the bucks or sixers can beat them in a series. Right now with East and West, it’s kind of a toss up for me. I’m not sure who’s going to what..which is super exciting. Lakers losing today wasn’t good imo.
The East being competitive like it is this year is so incredibly good for the NBA.

I had the privilege of watching James Harden here in Houston for awhile.

He is one of the greatest offensive players I have ever seen
He isn’t having to do too much with the Nets. He could be dropping 45 a game but has a lot of talent around him.

This isn’t even mentioning KD. Who is still one of the most efficient scorers in history.

Regarding the Mavs vs Clippers

With the coaching staff in Dallas this could be one of the most important series in Luka Doncic’s career
Defense wins games in the playoffs.
You need the ability to play defense at a championship level to win.
Mavericks get to the see this in the first Round
Last years series didn’t turn out like that because the Mavericks weren’t that much of a threat
This year they are The Clippers are turning up on them and twisting the screws on the defensive end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT