ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NBA Draft Thread

Romeo Langford, who has been a poor shooter his entire career, went 0-3 from 3 and 5-11 from the line last night. He has such a hard cap on his ceiling if he doesnt ever figure out how to shoot.

Grimes is Deron William's 2.0 but this class is so damn top heavy someone will get a steal in the 6-10 range.

I'm not sure Grimes has Deron's playmaking ability. Hoping Mavs tank, my order as of this moment is 1. Zion (have had him 1 for months, his athleticism/coordination/power combo is made of legends, his ball handling, passing, and defense is underrated too).
2. Bol-
3. RJ-Think he's maybe a bit overrated as a athlete, showed good touch yesterday though over reliance on strength maybe issue at next level
4. Deandre Hunter
5. Reddish
6. Little
7. Shittu
8. Jontay even with injury

But I think it's very wide open after 1 for me

Last edited:
It amazes me how little draft consideration Dedric Lawson gets. His athleticism is the only thing thag leaves something to be desired. To me skill wise he's a perfect 4 man for what the NBA wants. I think he will be a fast riser. Not talking up to lottery but into the 20s of the upcoming draft. Think he could carve a career in the NBA as a player like Boris Diaw.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
It amazes me how little draft consideration Dedric Lawson gets. His athleticism is the only thing thag leaves something to be desired. To me skill wise he's a perfect 4 man for what the NBA wants. I think he will be a fast riser. Not talking up to lottery but into the 20s of the upcoming draft. Think he could carve a career in the NBA as a player like Boris Diaw.
I like him but kind of worried about how he looked defensively yesterday, also struggled to finish

Just chiming in here to say that if Udoka wants to play in the NBA he better learn how to rebound REAL quick

He might make the NBA but like other true centers (Reid Travis) the way the NBA has gone will really hurt their chances. Even 10 years ago it would be a much different story.

I like him but kind of worried about how he looked defensively yesterday, also struggled to finish

He definitely needs to be either craftier or more explosive finishing around the basket.

Defensively I don't have a lot of concern. Thought he held his own physically down low. On the perimeter Self's strategy has always been to let the 4 man of the opponent open for 3s. Self likes to bring his 4 man over for double teams on bigs. Going to lead to that player getting open looks. Goins killed KU last night with that open 3.

ZION honestly looks the closest to Lebron Ive ever seen. Im sure things will change the more data we get with so many games still yet to play, but I cant imagine anyone else going #1 right now.

ZION honestly looks the closest to Lebron Ive ever seen. Im sure things will change the more data we get with so many games still yet to play, but I cant imagine anyone else going #1 right now.

Zion is physically imposing but that's about the extent of their similarities. Zion doesn't have the complete package of skill that LeBron had and LeBron as a rookie was 6-8 230-240. He still had to put on a lot more muscle after a few years in the NBA. Zion looks really good but he doesn't have the overall skill or feel LeBron had. Zion is almost a Larry Johnson clone. Similar size and skill set just more athletic.

Naz is very intriguing offensively but his defense worries me, will probably end up ranked in the teens for me

2nd rounder at best.

I've not been impressed with him so far. he looks like a guy who would be good at Memphis.

2nd rounder at best.

I've not been impressed with him so far. he looks like a guy who would be good at Memphis.

His ability to finish around the rim has been terrible. I was so disappointed in his effort level last night. Not just on defense but offense as well. He had no interest in being out there on the court last night and it showed.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
His ability to finish around the rim has been terrible. I was so disappointed in his effort level last night. Not just on defense but offense as well. He had no interest in being out there on the court last night and it showed.
He looks like he lacks the explosiveness and strength to be a NBA player right now. He doesn't play above the rim....hell, he doesn't even play at the rim. He has a lot of improvements to make but Im damn glad he is on our roster right now b/c he has a great skill set that can really be effective in college

I really like KPJ (have him ranked 7th, but he’s 6’5ish and 220 would like to see him drive more and not be so reliant on the step back).

Btw here are my rankings and when the players play over next 8 days.

With the first pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Zion Williamson, F from Duke University.

Everyone in Atlanta celebrates and overjoyed.

One hour later.Hawks trade the draft right of Zion Williamson

ADVERTISEMENT